• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Shoprite Upgrade request / cancellation

MS R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In May 2023, I applied for an RBL Shoprite LTF card and was approved with just a 50K limit. Since then, I have spent approximately 1.5L on it. After 9 months, upon contacting customer care, the limit was increased to 1.25L. Inspired by the TF community, a week later, I requested the cancellation of the card via email, hoping for an upgrade to LTF World Safari or ICON. Upon this request, the card was promptly blocked. Two days later, the retention team contacted me and gave options of 3000 reward points or an FYF Icon card but denied an LTF upgrade. I chose 3000 reward points; it's been a month, and I have yet to receive them. Therefore, I contacted customer care again, hoping to request an LTF upgrade to Safari/ICON instead of asking for the promised 3000 reward points, which were not credited, but they denied the LTF upgrade request once again. Instead, they offered to place a request for the promised reward points. Disappointed, I chose not to proceed with the request.

I am considering placing a closure request for the second time solely to secure an LTF upgrade like (Icon/Safari). Is this a good decision, or should I continue with the LTF Shoprite card? As I recently read in the TF community, the bank may close the card directly without any retention offer. Have any of you in the group been able to upgrade to LTF Safari/Icon recently? (My only hope is they might not close directly as this is the financial year-end).

Additionally, if they close my LTF Shoprite card, will I be able to apply for RBL cards in the future? I'm concerned because some banks once closed the card will never issue it again, like AU Bank.

Plz Suggest if should cancel in hope of upgrade or just keep shoprite LTF ??

Last edited:
Additionally, if they close my LTF Shoprite card , will I be able to apply for RBL cards in the future? I'm concerned because some banks once closed the card will never issue it again, like AU Bank.
If RBL Bank chooses not to issue the card again, it’s their loss.
In 2022, I closed my RBL card because their app was buggy, and the transactions weren’t very rewarding. They persistently called me to upgrade the card. When I requested card closure, their customer care team called me daily, practically begging me not to close it. However, I managed to get it closed anyway. Since then, I haven’t received any calls from them, and I have no interest in hearing from RBL Bank. It’s safe to say that RBL Bank is quite a mess.

In early 2023 ,RBL discontinued their Zomato Editions Card and i was issued a Shoprite card LTF ,
Since i had no use for it i placed a Cancellation request and they instead offered me a World Safari FYF ,which i took
Will probably cancel it this before Annual Fee hits

Has anyone gotten World Safari LTF ?
How do you get it ?

In early 2023 ,RBL discontinued their Zomato Editions Card and i was issued a Shoprite card LTF ,
Since i had no use for it i placed a Cancellation request and they instead offered me a World Safari FYF ,which i took
Will probably cancel it this before Annual Fee hits

Has anyone gotten World Safari LTF ?
How do you get it ?
They were issuing LTF World Safari and Icon Cards in Mid 2023.
Personally I took LTF World Safari Instead of LTF Icon

Raised a closure request. They were offering LTF Icon but wasn't interested.
really?? Icon is high variant card from RBL.. u could have accepted icon card.
can u please share bit more info what discussion happend during your call ?

really?? Icon is high variant card from RBL.. u could have accepted icon card.
can u please share bit more info what discussion happend during your call ?
Yes that's what the guy from rbl was telling me that this is their highest tier card and not easily given out for free. He said I was eligible for LTF Icon as per my profile. But I was adamant I want to close the card due to low limit and lack of offers.

Is Icon worth? Couldn't find great reviews or features.

Yes that's what the guy from rbl was telling me that this is their highest tier card and not easily given out for free. He said I was eligible for LTF Icon as per my profile. But I was adamant I want to close the card due to low limit and lack of offers.

Is Icon worth? Couldn't find great reviews or features.

if u use card for 9 months u will be eligile for CLE.. even my limit was incresed after 9 months upon request (no cibil enquiry)
the card isnt great but the joining / renewal fee is 5,000 + GST.. u should have agreed for upgrade .. nothing harm in keeping LTF..

since how long have u been using card? whats ur limit ? how did u request for cancellation? email via cardcancellation@rblbank.com & then retention call ??

if u use card for 9 months u will be eligile for CLE.. even my limit was incresed after 9 months upon request (no cibil enquiry)
the card isnt great but the joining / renewal fee is 5,000 + GST.. u should have agreed for upgrade .. nothing harm in keeping LTF..

since how long have u been using card? whats ur limit ? how did u request for cancellation? email via cardcancellation@rblbank.com & then retention call ??
Lets see. They still have only temporarily closed my account and mostly will try to call again to retain it seems.

Had the edition card since '22. Called up the call centre to cancel the card. Recieved a call from tbe retention team the next day.
Limit was decreased from 3L to 30k.

Recently I placed the closure request through mail for my shoprite LTF. The retention team contacted me for a paid upgrade to ICON but I insisted on getting it LTF. After sometime, the agent agreed and my LTF icon reached me yesterday. The whole process took just a week and I was pleasantly surprised by the quick support from RBL bank. I even got a mail confirmation of the same just for my peace of mind. The icon card packaging looked amazing and the card felt nice than many cheap cards. Cheers RBL 🎈

Back