• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reason and possible solution behind the Rejection of Tata neu card for hdfc existing card holders ..

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Reasons- Application for Tata neu cards are getting rejected for existing Hdfc Card holders are :-

(a)If on your existing card limit is less(Like less than 1.5 Lac) then donot apply for tata neu cards,Probably your application will get rejected.
Note:-Some users also got the card with low limit also.
(b) If on you existing card Auto debit setup with your exising saving account is off then Most probably your card application will get rejected.(Some also got approval without any TAD/MAD set up as discussed in thread but as suggesting one should enable to avoid any hiccups further.)

Solution- If your existing card limit is above 1.5 Lac(Even if you have low limit on exiating card, good spending on tata neu app will also improves your chances of getting Neu cards)then only ,go ahead with application.Else wait.Before applying for tata neu card ,One must set Atleast one Auto debit setup ON like either on Minimum amount due(MAD) or Total Amount due(TAD) through net banking or through hdfc App on your existing card.Thereafter proceed with tata neu card application.

Caution-These pro tips are strictly for existing hdfc card holders.

All those , whose applications were rejected due to let it be any reasons.Everyone must escalate the issue first with "customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com" therafter one service request is assigned then approach "Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com".8 out of 10 people with get their card even after rejection.

Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Yarr phirse wahi Chennai address wala ch*tiyapa HDFC ka🤦🏻‍♂️

I too got the Plus card without any SI and with 1L credit limit on existing card. Now they've started this cheap trick to make customers feel special about having Tata Neu card by rejecting applications. Product has already failed in the market.
haha...🤣In lots of cases chennai Address will remain in picture till we are holding hdfc cards..

This could be your case. My limit is 3 lakh and auto payment is setup for my hdfc card. But still my application got rejected. Check the rejection email attachment.

I dropped a email to grievance redressal to get my card approved.
So you sent them a physical post to get your card approved?

I've been MILLENIA with very less limit of 35k . But HDFC still approved tata neu card that too 2 days after millenia's approval. I didn't fullfill any of conditions you have mentioned. Later I closed Tata neu as didn't want paid card with shared 35k limit. MILLENIA is LTF.

I've been MILLENIA with very less limit of 35k . But HDFC still approved tata neu card that too 2 days after millenia's approval. I didn't fullfill any of conditions you have mentioned. Later I closed Tata neu as didn't want paid card with shared 35k limit. MILLENIA is LTF.
Some cases are exceptional too...This only i can say...Why you have applied for paid one tata neu card with this limit..Better you should wait for HDFC rupay Upi digital credit card inivitation.That would be better for you.

Reasons- Application for Tata neu cards are getting rejected for existing Hdfc Card holders are :-

(a)If on your existing card limit is less than 1.5 Lac then donot apply for tata neu cards,Probably your application will get rejected.
(b) If on you existing card Auto debit setup with your exising saving account is off then Most probably your card application will get rejected.

Solution- If your existing card limit is above 1.5 Lac(Even if you have low limit on exiating card, good spending on tata neu app will also improves your chances of getting Neu cards)then only ,go ahead with application.Else wait.Before applying for tata neu card ,One must set Atleast one Auto debit setup ON like either on Minimum amount due(MAD) or Total Amount due(TAD) through net banking or through hdfc App on your existing card.Thereafter proceed with tata neu card application.

All those , whose applications were rejected due to let it be any reasons.Everyone must escalate the issue first with "customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com" therafter one service request is assigned then approach "Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com".8 out of 10 people with get their card even after rejection.

Suggestions are welcome.
None of the points mentioned above make any sense, kindly research thoroughly then post such conclusions.

Your reasons are based on exceptions faced by rare number of people, which by no means indicate that these will lead to rejection.

Go through the replies of the original Tata neu card post, where hundreds of existing cardholders have got their cards despite falling in 1st or 2nd category.

None of the points mentioned above make any sense, kindly research thoroughly then post such conclusions.

Your reasons are based on exceptions faced by rare number of people, which by no means indicate that these will lead to rejection.

Go through the replies of the original Tata neu card post, where hundreds of existing cardholders have got their cards despite falling in 1st or 2nd category.
Read the post thoroughly....Post has bottom line also...

(a)If on your existing card limit is less(Like less than 1.5 Lac) then donot apply for tata neu cards,Probably your application will get rejected.
Note:-Some users also got the card with low limit also.
(b) If on you existing card Auto debit setup with your exising saving account is off then Most probably your card application will get rejected.

Suggestions are welcome.
This doesn't apply for everyone that hold saving account I didn't enabled any auto debit and application was approved recently so you should have not added auto debit thing cause what that had do with rejection.

Hmm and some call themselves expert at Select level too ;)
Levels here are for TF community only.its no way authority to have excellent knowledge.Even neo and Visitor members might have better knowledge than many higher TF community members. We are here to share our experience and learn from others thats it.......Level doesn't be criteria for this...In card ecosystem since 2007...hehehe

Last edited:
I think this is just pure speculation, I got the card with less than 1L limit and without auto debit. It's ok to discuss applications getting rejected but as someone said, don't put misinformation, as none of this info can be verified.

HDFC employees themselves will put out a lot of bullshit (conditional LTF, hiding real rejection reasons, etc.). Only helps their targets.

Levels here are for TF community only.its no way authority to have excellent knowledge.Even neo and Visitor members might have better knowledge than many higher TF community members. We are here to share our experience and learn from others thats it.......Level doesn't be criteria for this...In card ecosystem since 2007...hehehe
Sure community levels are not an accurate criteria to judge someone's knowledge, but flaunting your SELECT level in your signature, using a larger font to mark your authority isn't something you should be proud of.

It's actually strange to see such childish behaviour from someone who claims to be so much more experienced.

I'll advise you to go through community levels and trophy systems to understand how easy it is to achieve select level (no means to disrespect). I've never seen anybody (from buzz to legend) except you showing off with their community level. There is a separate thread to show off your cc collection, consider posting there.

Last edited:
Sure community levels are not an accurate criteria to judge someone's knowledge, but flaunting your SELECT level in your signature, using a larger font to mark your authority isn't something you should be proud of.

It's actually strange to see such childish behaviour from someone who claims to be so much more experienced.

I'll advise you to go through community levels and trophy systems to understand how easy it is to achieve select level (no means to disrespect). I've never seen anybody (from buzz to legend) except you showing off with their community level. There is a separate thread to show off your cc collection, consider posting there.
Thanks for your valuable inputs...Will try to implement and adopt...

Back