• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reason and possible solution behind the Rejection of Tata neu card for hdfc existing card holders ..

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Reasons- Application for Tata neu cards are getting rejected for existing Hdfc Card holders are :-

(a)If on your existing card limit is less(Like less than 1.5 Lac) then donot apply for tata neu cards,Probably your application will get rejected.
Note:-Some users also got the card with low limit also.
(b) If on you existing card Auto debit setup with your exising saving account is off then Most probably your card application will get rejected.(Some also got approval without any TAD/MAD set up as discussed in thread but as suggesting one should enable to avoid any hiccups further.)

Solution- If your existing card limit is above 1.5 Lac(Even if you have low limit on exiating card, good spending on tata neu app will also improves your chances of getting Neu cards)then only ,go ahead with application.Else wait.Before applying for tata neu card ,One must set Atleast one Auto debit setup ON like either on Minimum amount due(MAD) or Total Amount due(TAD) through net banking or through hdfc App on your existing card.Thereafter proceed with tata neu card application.

Caution-These pro tips are strictly for existing hdfc card holders.

All those , whose applications were rejected due to let it be any reasons.Everyone must escalate the issue first with "customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com" therafter one service request is assigned then approach "Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com".8 out of 10 people with get their card even after rejection.

Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Some cases are exceptional too...This only i can say...Why you have applied for paid one tata neu card with this limit..Better you should wait for HDFC rupay Upi digital credit card inivitation.That would be better for you.
That time my MILLENIA wasn't approved. I was pursuing matter with over 2 months. Just to give a shot applied Tata Neu. Next day MILLENIA was approved. And after 2 days Tata neu approved.

They rejected my application stating the reason I am already holding one hdfc card i.e Regalia. Now even escalating to grievance department, they are just stating reason due to internal criteria.

Can someone help.
I am having Regalia with 5L limit. That too is very old and holding salary account with HDFC.

They rejected my application stating the reason I am already holding one hdfc card i.e Regalia. Now even escalating to grievance department, they are just stating reason due to internal criteria.

Can someone help.
I am having Regalia with 5L limit. That too is very old and holding salary account with HDFC.
HDFC is weird. Write a threatening email to grievance redressal ask them to reconsider.

This is what I wrote to them and card got approved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-15-10-06-32-308-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-15-10-06-32-308-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 27
THe reason for decline they are giving is this:
We wish to inform you that your application has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy (which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility) and operating/credit processes (which include a combination of verifications, credit We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your application as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

Back