• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reason behind HSBC Credit Card Rejection?

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had applied for HSBC credit card offline. My credit score is 779. Their system recommended not to provide the card. The HSBC personnel said that reason code that was given for rejection was that I don't have a cibil score but when I checked my cibil report there was a hard enquiry from HSBC.
I did not have any enquiries in last 30 days and had 3 enquires in last 90 days.
Does HSBC have any limits on enquiries??

Reactions: AsB

princesai

TF Buzz
Here are my few cents.
1. Once you submit the online application form, it is usually reviewed by their backend team. If everything goes well, VKYC is scheduled within 2-3 days.
2. One needs to enable location access in browser prior to VKYC, they also ask about your current address and permanent address during VKYC and match these details with what you provided during form submission. However, your current location does not affect outcome of VKYC, at the time of my VKYC I applied for the card from X location whereas appeared in the VKYC from Location Y (Which was not a serviceable location). Still my VKYC went well and card was approved.
3. They take physical verification seriously if there is mismatch between your current address and your address on Aadhar. My residential and office addresses were physically verified by them.
4. My card was delivered in a month and half as my application was locked for a month due to address mismatch issue.
I have some doubts

My serviceable area and aadhar address are same. But i will do vkyc in an unserviceable area, will it lead to physical verification?

Before agent coming to home verification they will inform prior? Or they will directly come without any prior intimation.