• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received 2 Axis Magnus Cards?!?

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Applied for Axis Magnus in the 1st week of Dec 2022 c2c basis with my Infinia, KYC was done and when nothing happened after 1 week contacted Axis and they re-initiated KYC, this time, as received on sms, the application no. was different. The card was approved and I received my card on 22nd Dec, activated it and even completed the target 1L spend on it before 31st Dec to make the most of the calendar month. On 5th Jan, received a courier again from bludart and it has a brand new Axis Magnus kit with of course my name but a different card no & PP no.
What do you guys recon I should do? Should I just let it pass 30 days and it ll get auto cancelled as mandated by RBI or should I inform Axis? The only doubt I have is if they deactivate my 1st card and tell me to use the 2nd card. I don't want to miss on my reward points already collected in Dec 2022.

contact the bank and get this sorted. as you mentioned this could lead to confusion later on. Also in your mobile app which card is being displayed?

Hi,
Applied for Axis Magnus in the 1st week of Dec 2022 c2c basis with my Infinia, KYC was done and when nothing happened after 1 week contacted Axis and they re-initiated KYC, this time, as received on sms, the application no. was different. The card was approved and I received my card on 22nd Dec, activated it and even completed the target 1L spend on it before 31st Dec to make the most of the calendar month. On 5th Jan, received a courier again from bludart and it has a brand new Axis Magnus kit with of course my name but a different card no & PP no.
What do you guys recon I should do? Should I just let it pass 30 days and it ll get auto cancelled as mandated by RBI or should I inform Axis? The only doubt I have is if they deactivate my 1st card and tell me to use the 2nd card. I don't want to miss on my reward points already collected in Dec 2022.
dont activate the 2nd card. and do check netbanking/app for how many cards are showing.

BOGO happens in BMS but here on Magnus 🤣

Better to sort this out, so no rewards are lost in the amount spent.

Check if you received any card block messages or so of the old card 4digits when you applied for the 2nd one as well

I received a call from Axis CC asking to why I have not yet activated the '2nd card' & it shall auto cancel if not activated in 30 days as per RBI guidelines. I explained to them about my situation, but I get a feeling the rep was too naive to understand anything. This is a real PITA with Axis vis-a-vis HDFC Infinia customer care reps. I have decided to let 5th Feb pass when the 30 days ll get over then will see. So far the 2nd card is not showing on my Axis mobile application.

I may have about 4 months in a year where I can do 2L/month in a year, but then won't Reserve do a better job or better just get another magnus in wife's name? Not sure about doing this 2 magnus in my name, it may affect my cibil score too. Was contemplating requesting it to convert the 2nd one to an add on card but the fear of speaking & explaining it to the Axis cc reps is what is keeping away from it.

I may have about 4 months in a year where I can do 2L/month in a year, but then won't Reserve do a better job or better just get another magnus in wife's name? Not sure about doing this 2 magnus in my name, it may affect my cibil score too. Was contemplating requesting it to convert the 2nd one to an add on card but the fear of speaking & explaining it to the Axis cc reps is what is keeping away from it.
No, i think 2 magnus is better than 1 magnus + 1 reserve due to milestone benefits.

And these card opening/closure and hard enquiries have very minimal impact. I have opened about 15 card accounts and closed 3 card accounts with 20 hard enquiries in last 18 months. But my cibil has consistently been within +/-2 points.

All that matters is credit utilisation ratio and timely payments.

Currently 2 Magnus is better than Magnus + Reserve

Hi,
May be Ax-is got to know about your Technofino user handle name Harsh-Unlimited and they supplied unlimited Magnus :ROFLMAO:

I have 2 magnus too, Axis issued me a 2nd one as replacement for 1st as there was an issue. I thought they would have cancelled the 1st card. But to my surprise they didn't and I was able to use it. I see only the 2nd card on my app, but when I did any transaction on the 1st card, it comes up on my statement under the old card's no. I would not think that I have 2 magnus card. And I'm sure it would be same for you. But I would suggest you activate it. And try spending 1L on both and see if you get the benefit.

I have 2 magnus too, Axis issued me a 2nd one as replacement for 1st as there was an issue. I thought they would have cancelled the 1st card. But to my surprise they didn't and I was able to use it. I see only the 2nd card on my app, but when I did any transaction on the 1st card, it comes up on my statement under the old card's no. I would not think that I have 2 magnus card. And I'm sure it would be same for you. But I would suggest you activate it. And try spending 1L on both and see if you get the benefit.
The joining fee of 11,800/- is what is I am a little afraid of. What do you suggest, even with 4-5 months of 2L/month, the magnus is worth it?

It will be for airline and hotel redemption. I doubt you'd be charged for both cards if both are not being shown in your app. Split you spends in these 2 cards and you could get double the benefit. But again no one is sure until you try and use both.

It will be for airline and hotel redemption. I doubt you'd be charged for both cards if both are not being shown in your app. Split you spends in these 2 cards and you could get double the benefit. But again no one is sure until you try and use both.
:ROFLMAO:

In short @harshunlimited will be a Beta tester on this unlimited cards of Magnus, fees, rewards and what not with AXIS :p

Damn, for me they blocked and issued a new card when my wave& pay wasn't working.

Or I would have been another Beta tester in this. :-)

Apologies for this late update. I was finally able to activate the card.
It's surely is an independent card as I can see the joining fee already levied in mobile app.
Surprisingly the limit is only 3L, I didn't read the welcome letter earlier.

Back