• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Received FYF Millennia in both Visa and MasterCard networks on upgrade from Business Moneyback. What to do with Visa one if I only wanted MasterCard?

ShankarW

TF Buzz
Got my LTF Business Moneyback upgraded to FYF Millennia through the Grievance Redressal email. They asked me for the preferred network while taking the upgrade consent. I gave them upgrade consent for MasterCard Millennia but received Visa Millennia. So I told them I never gave them consent for Visa Millennia and asked them to either make the Visa Millennia LTF or send me the MasterCard Millennia. Then they sent me the MasterCard Millennia. Now the rookie question that I have is do I need activate both or should I just activate the MasterCard? I do not want to get auto-blacklisted from the future offers for not activating the Visa Millennia. That would be hilarious! Any suggestions?

Got my LTF Business Moneyback upgraded to FYF Millennia through the Grievance Redressal email. They asked me for the preferred network while taking the upgrade consent. I gave them upgrade consent for MasterCard Millennia but received Visa Millennia. So I told them I never gave them consent for Visa Millennia and asked them to either make the Visa Millennia LTF or send me the MasterCard Millennia. Then they sent me the MasterCard Millennia. Now the rookie question that I have is do I need activate both or should I just activate the MasterCard? I do not want to get auto-blacklisted from the future offers for not activating the Visa Millennia. That would be hilarious! Any suggestions?
Take Visa variant

Activate MasterCard and you will be on the safer side from every perspective. Hdfc will anyways be already on the way to deactivate the Visa card.
Thanks! Any chance of receiving the sms to convert the FYF Mastercard Millennia to LTF if I don't activate immediately and wait for 20-25 days? Or this doesn't work anymore?

Any reason why you would prefer mastercard over visa?

I believe you’re offered visa signature, yes?
Golf benefits of Mastercard World.

I was offered FYF Visa BizGrow and Grievance Redressal didn't tell me any specific network when I asked for Millennia. In fact, they asked me for the preferred network.

Last edited:
Activate MasterCard and you will be on the safer side from every perspective. Hdfc will anyways be already on the way to deactivate the Visa card.

I wasn't pointing anything from the perspective of benefit of MC vs Visa. Hdfc won't give you two variants of same card for sure. Moreover, knowing Hdfc, even if Visa is activated now, Hdfc might still close the Visa card as that's what they would have updated in their systems. And if MC variant is not activated, then there is the risk of losing the credit card altogether.

Thanks! Any chance of receiving the sms to convert the FYF Mastercard Millennia to LTF if I don't activate immediately and wait for 20-25 days? Or this doesn't work anymore?
I would have recommended to try this out if you hadn't already requested for the CC variant change. People have tried this for getting Swiggy CC LTF but lately Hdfc has started closing the card without offering LTF.

All in all, if you are actually okay even if you lose Millennia altogether in the end then go ahead with all the risks and try getting it LTF as well now.

I would have recommended to try this out if you hadn't already requested for the CC variant change. People have tried this for getting Swiggy CC LTF but lately Hdfc has started closing the card without offering LTF.

All in all, if you are actually okay even if you lose Millennia altogether in the end then go ahead with all the risks and try getting it LTF as well now.
They can't close the card before 37 days, right? I was thinking of just waiting until 25th day only to get the automated call/sms. I won't tell them to make it LTF by raising a closure request. Is that still risky?

Also, can I make it LTF by spending 50k+ in 3 months? Or that offer is over as well?

Back