• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received Limit Enhancement on following credit cards

shyamnune

TF Buzz
Hi Everyone,

I have received Limit Enhancement for the below cards in last 3-4 weeks. You all can check for any Limit Enhancement offers available on your cards.

• Axis Ace - 100% increase
  • Icici Amazon - 120% increase
  • IDFC first Select - 35% Increase
  • Kotak Zen - 20% increase

Hi Everyone,

I have received Limit Enhancement for the below cards in last 3-4 weeks. You all can check for any Limit Enhancement offers available on your cards.

Do u use ur idfc select cc regularly?

Hi Everyone,

When was your last income increase and how much %?

Hi Everyone,

In June, I got credit limit enhancement on just my IDFC FIRST Classic and Tata Neu Infinity HDFC cards. Both of these were less than a year old when they got the credit limit increase offers.

• IDFC Classic: From ₹60,000 to ₹70,000 (₹10K increase)
  • Tata Neu Infinity HDFC: From ₹1,50,000 to ₹1,53,000. (A massive ₹3000 increase!)

I've heard ICICI of being the most generous one, but haven't received any limit enhancement offer from them yet (Although all my ICICI cards are just one year old now).

In June, I got credit limit enhancement on just my IDFC FIRST Classic and Tata Neu Infinity HDFC cards. Both of these were less than a year old when they got the credit limit increase offers.

• IDFC Classic: From ₹60,000 to ₹70,000 (₹10K increase)
  • Tata Neu Infinity HDFC: From ₹1,50,000 to ₹1,53,000. (A massive ₹3000 increase!)

I've heard ICICI of being the most generous one, but haven't received any limit enhancement offer from them yet (Although all my ICICI cards are just one year old now).
Most of the time, the no. of years old will not matter. If you have any income increase or high spending pattern, you may receive LE.

Most of the time, the no. of years old will not matter. If you have any income increase or high spending pattern, you may receive LE.
I was already aware of the high spending criteria, but it didn't work out for me. My spending pattern was the highest with the ICICI card, and the billed amount was always less than 20% (I paid advances before bill generation).

On the other hand, two years ago, my dad's ICICI card got a Limit Enhancement within 3 months after his usage neared the limit (Due to insurance payments).

I don't know if banks will see your spending on transaction wise or simply they will check statement while checking for LE qualification?
I don't think they will check transaction wise. (Although transactions should be legit). Total limit utilisation and on time repayment matters.

I was already aware of the high spending criteria, but it didn't work out for me. My spending pattern was the highest with the ICICI card, and the billed amount was always less than 20% (I paid advances before bill generation).

On the other hand, two years ago, my dad's ICICI card got a Limit Enhancement within 3 months after his usage neared the limit (Due to insurance payments).
4 months ago I made a single transaction of 3.3 lakh on ICICI card where the limit was 3.5L. May be that helped to get the LE offer. (My Assumption).

I am also in the same confusion
I also make advance payment before the bill is generated because I want to keep the utilization ratio low. So maybe in our case, the bank feels that these people do not need more limit. On the other hand, in your father's case, he used the card till the full limit and the bank felt that this person needs more so he got limit enhancement.
I got a business money back card with a limit of 1.5 lakhs on the basis of HDFC Savings Max Account in June 2023. After spending around ₹ 7.5 lakhs on the card in the entire 1 year, I got an increment of only ₹ 45000 in July 2024. In this entire journey, I never let the utilization go above 30%.

I am also in the same confusion
I also make advance payment before the bill is generated because I want to keep the utilization ratio low. So maybe in our case, the bank feels that these people do not need more limit. On the other hand, in your father's case, he used the card till the full limit and the bank felt that this person needs more so he got limit enhancement.
I got a business money back card with a limit of 1.5 lakhs on the basis of HDFC Savings Max Account in June 2023. After spending around ₹ 7.5 lakhs on the card in the entire 1 year, I got an increment of only ₹ 45000 in July 2024. In this entire journey, I never let the utilization go above 30%.
In my case, HDFC provided just ₹3,000 limit enhancement on my Tata Neu Infinity credit card in just 10 months of opening it. I had spent only around ₹40,000 on it in 10 months before they gave me an LE offer. (Mine is also a Savings Max account with no other credit card from them.)

Back