• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received SBI Aurum Upgrade Offer

evilz

TF Select
Received an offer to upgrade to Aurum. I currently hold SBI Elite and have reached the spend reversal milestone of 10lpa. Is the card worth it?

Using the milestone benefits of the SBI Elite I used to get a reward rate of 2% cash and my yearly spends is upto 10lakhs which includes educational payment of almost 4lakhs. I do hold other cards as well. 1000240816.png

Even i got upgraded from SBI Doctor card recently and i mostly use it for BMS offer (BOGO upto ₹250 each ticket) and online site offers. Joining fees was reimbursed in the form of rewards points. Apart from these i I don’t use it much as my primary spends are on AMB. I will not be meeting the spend reversal criteria so i will have to close the card before 12 months and downgrade to some other cards. Just go through milestones benefits once and if you think you can hit spend criteria then grab it or else you can skip this one.

I have aurum for a few years. It is a good card. No problems card - you need not call them even once - everything is professionally done.
Reward rate is easily 4% (1% base, 1500 monthly milestone, 5+10+20 milestone vouchers and waiver of 10K annual fee), if you spend 20L in a year and at least 1L every month for 10 months in a year.
BMS and Golf are extra. 4/q lounge and 1 spa
Catch is high spends every month with good spends for the whole year
You buy Apple every year!! stay in Taj etc.

I have aurum for a few years. It is a good card. No problems card - you need not call them even once - everything is professionally done.
Reward rate is easily 4% (1% base, 1500 monthly milestone, 5+10+20 milestone vouchers and waiver of 10K annual fee), if you spend 20L in a year and at least 1L every month for 10 months in a year.
BMS and Golf are extra. 4/q lounge and 1 spa
Catch is high spends every month with good spends for the whole year
You buy Apple every year!! stay in Taj etc.

May be in a few years I'll be able to use this card to its full potential. My spends will not cross the milestones needed to achieve the 4% reward.
Most importantly very few exceptions - Wallet, rent and government spends as of now
Wallet and rent transactions are allowed for milestones or reward points? Or for both?

Back