• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RedRail Zero ticket cancellation charge scam!

Abhi5467

TF Premier
👺RedRail by RedBus Zero ticket cancellation charges SCAM !!!👎

This is first time I've booked ticket using RedRail by RedBus app. They touted their 0 Cancellation fees . The ticket was waitlisted and for avoiding cancellation charges I've opted of this . The original ticket by IRCTC was ₹702 (690 base fare+ 10 gateway charges) including all charges, while same ticket costed ₹850 (including ₹104 as Free Cancellation Charges) in RedRail. I booked for 2+2 (two tickets to and fro) ended up paying ₹3400. The tickets were waitlisted till date and I had to cancel them due to some reason. To my surprise , they refunded only ₹690 out of 850 deducting another ₹104 as Free Cancellation Charges on each ticket! Other charges were agent, RedRail charges, etc. I ended up losing ₹640 overall which would have been saved if I booked through IRCTC as tickets were waitlisted (RLWL) and RedRail said I saved ₹60 on each ticket i.e to save ₹240 I ended up paying ₹640 directly to RedRail's pocket! As per IRCTC, waitlisted ticket are refunded in full if cancelled before jouney date i.e I would have gotten that ₹690 anyway. RedRail refunded me ₹690 per ticket which they could've gotten from IRCTC anyway and kept the overhead amount. I've used RedBus , it's pretty decent app but RedRail is a BIG SCAM , stay away from this app!

Attachments

• bookingtic.jpg
    bookingtic.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
  • canceltic.jpg
    canceltic.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 24

#aniket

TF Ace
👺RedRail by RedBus Zero ticket cancellation charges SCAM !!!👎

This is first time I've booked ticket using RedRail by RedBus app. They touted their 0 Cancellation fees . The ticket was waitlisted and for avoiding cancellation charges I've opted of this . The original ticket by IRCTC was ₹702 (690 base fare+ 10 gateway charges) including all charges, while same ticket costed ₹850 (including ₹104 as Free Cancellation Charges) in RedRail. I booked for 2+2 (two tickets to and fro) ended up paying ₹3400. The tickets were waitlisted till date and I had to cancel them due to some reason. To my surprise , they refunded only ₹690 out of 850 deducting another ₹104 as Free Cancellation Charges on each ticket! Other charges were agent, RedRail charges, etc. I ended up losing ₹640 overall which would have been saved if I booked through IRCTC as tickets were waitlisted (RLWL) and RedRail said I saved ₹60 on each ticket i.e to save ₹240 I ended up paying ₹640 directly to RedRail's pocket! As per IRCTC, waitlisted ticket are refunded in full if cancelled before jouney date i.e I would have gotten that ₹690 anyway. RedRail refunded me ₹690 per ticket which they could've gotten from IRCTC anyway and kept the overhead amount. I've used RedBus , it's pretty decent app but RedRail is a BIG SCAM , stay away from this app!
Itna easily chorye mat then....take necessary actions.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Red bus states user should cancel the ticket before chart preparation hence they are not scamming
I've mentioned my tickets were waitlisted and Journey was on 21st May. I've cancelled today, 2 days before. Chart gets prepared 4 hours prior of journey time and on date.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Itna easily chorye mat then....take necessary actions.
They are taking charges twice at time of booking + at time of cancellation. How can someone charge twice for a service intended for single use at cancellation? They don't even have phone number , only option is email. Will update on this.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
They are taking charges twice at time of booking + at time of cancellation. How can someone charge twice for a service intended for single use at cancellation? They don't even have phone number , only option is email. Will update on this.
How it is charging Twice ?

Twice charge hota toh you would have got
690-104=586/Passenger🤣

How it is a Fraud ?

For Canceling Waitlisted Tickets before 48 hours from Departure charges are 60/Pasenger.

It is you who paid them Rs.104/Pasenger for saving Cancellation charges of Rs.60/pasenger🤣

Last edited:

Abhi5467

TF Premier

Twice charge hota toh you have got
690-104=586/Passenger🤣

How it is a Fraud ?

For Canceling Waitlisted Tickets before 48 hours from Departure charges are 60/Pasenger.

It is you who paid them Rs.104/Pasenger for saving Cancellation charges of Rs.60/pasenger🤣
I've paid ₹ 850 at time of booking ( kindly look at screenshots). They already charged me ₹ 104 more than IRCTC ticket for cancellation charges. And deducted another 104 at cancellation. On IRCTC , the tickets were ₹690 and RedRail was ₹850. I'm paying for cancellation already at booking. If I had booked through IRCTC only ₹690 would've been charged. And after cancellation about ₹60 x4 = 240 overall. I lost 690 in RedRail.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I've paid ₹ 850 at time of booking ( kindly look at screenshots). They already charged me ₹ 104 more than IRCTC ticket for cancellation charges. And deducted another 104 at cancellation. On IRCTC , the tickets were ₹690 and RedRail was ₹850. I'm paying for cancellation already at booking. If I had booked through IRCTC only ₹690 would've been charged. And after cancellation about ₹60 x4 = 240 overall. I lost 690 in RedRail.
Payment ke time 104 liye hi Free Cancellation service ke hai

Ab woh toh 104 deduct karge hi as you availed Free cancellation Service from them and they Did not charged you Rs.60 for IRCTC cancellation charges and hence they Fullfilled their service and charged you Rs 104 towards this service which is disclosed at the time of Payment

Free Cancellation service se tumhe loss ho ya benfit unko isse thodi lena dena hai🤣

IRCTC sirf 690 nhi leta, 17.7 and Payment Gateway Charge add hote and IRCT bhi
690-60= 650 hi refund karta per passenger

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You have paid 690 + (104+17.70+20+19.13=160.83) = 850.83.
They gave you 690 as refund. They are keeping (104+17.70+20+19.13=160.83)

There is no double free cancellation fee here.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
You have paid 690 + (104+17.70+20+19.13=160.83) = 850.83.
They gave you 690 as refund. They are keeping (104+17.70+20+19.13=160.83)

There is no double free cancellation fee here.
The whole point was , I would have gotten the base fare in IRCTC anyway after cancellation as it was waitlisted. They portayed as IRCTC take charges while keeping the customers amount to themselves as if they are waiving the cancellation fee. There is NO cancellation fee for waitlisted cancellation prior to journey date. If IRCTC is NOT charging any cancellation fee, what are they waiving off? The service would've been useful if I had confirmed tickets. But my tickets were waitlisted. Hope you got the point. As you can see in screenshot they wronged the 120, IRCTC isn't charging anything that's why it's a SCAM. If anyway I'm paying the cancellation fees why opt for RedRail 0 cancellation?

Last edited:

Abhi5467

TF Premier

Twice charge hota toh you would have got
690-104=586/Passenger🤣

How it is a Fraud ?

That's the SCAM!

#aniket

TF Ace
As per IRCTC, waitlisted ticket are refunded in full if cancelled before jouney date i.e I would have gotten that ₹690 anyway.
No, as per IRCTC, cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger is levied if the ticket is cancelled online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train.

When waitlisted ticket is cancelled automatically through the system after the preparation of chart and then only, full refund is credited back, without deducting any cancellation charges.

#aniket

TF Ace
Such apps(co.) charges some amount on booking to provide zero cancellation ticket service, that means when ticket is cancelled before chart preparation, such co. is liable to refund money without deducting any cancellation charges.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
No, as per IRCTC, cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger is levied if the ticket is cancelled online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train.

When waitlisted ticket is cancelled automatically through the system after the chart preparation and then only, full refund is credited back, without deducting any cancellation charges.
Even if take into account , loss of ₹640 over 4 tickets doesn't add up. View attachment 54222

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Bro what was the reason for not booking ticket through IRCTC platform like app or website, even though when you were booking, no seats were available?
They were showing pretty high chances of confirmation and I didn't had time to look at trends and confirmation probability on other apps like Trainman. After booking the tickets, I found out the ticket will not get confirmed. I also wanted to try their 0 cancellation policy which I did ,and never will in future😂