• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are there any fees or charges associated with using a mutual funds app?

Fees and charges associated with using a mutual funds app may include expense ratios, transaction fees, commissions, and account maintenance fees. The specific fees can vary depending on the app and the services provided. It's important to review the fee structure of the app to understand the costs involved in investing through the app.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Fees and charges associated with using a mutual funds app may include expense ratios, transaction fees, commissions, and account maintenance fees. The specific fees can vary depending on the app and the services provided. It's important to review the fee structure of the app to understand the costs involved in investing through the app.
Leaving out that mutual funds app.

Expense ratio, is the percentage taken by mutual fund managers as they taking care of our money for returns. They take/charge the amount in profits what they given for us.

Commissions, go with direct funds with demat* ac to avoid 1% Commission in regular funds.

Transaction, stamped duty waived off by sebu for all direct funds.

Account Maintenance Fee, Nowadays no one charges for mutual funds holding ac.

I advise you to take demat ac like Grow, Indmoney, if you wish for full service broker then kotak securities, zerodha.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I personally use groww. My mom use kite.

I can recommend this two to you.

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
As @Tejo answered, there are layers to charges. A couple of good online brokers who do not have any account maintenance charges include IndMoney and Groww. They also offer access to direct MFs from the providers.

You should also look at the expense ratios of the MF. Going towards passive index funds means you will have a lesser expense ratio. Actively managed funds mean you will have a higher expense ratio.

viznu99

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Do checkout NPS Tier 2 for lowest exit loads & zero account maintenance fees - If lowest charges is what you want & if you don't care much for a tech savvy app then it doesn't get any better than this

( I used Kite earlier, but got bugged when their auto mandates weren't working last year ; Switched to Groww but couldnt move the funds using CDSL Easiest as some compatibility issue ; Finally imported the funds as external holdings for viewing in same dashboard.
Wasn't aware about NPS Tier 2 earlier )

DealHunter786

TF Premier
ETMoney is also a good app for investing in direct funds.. Direct funds have no intermediary commission and give higher returns compared to Regular funds.