• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding access and it's restriction of bank transaction history available to all employees regardless of their position.

Hello @SSV @Vasuki @VISHESH_BANSAL !!

Please help of any available methods on restricting access to all bank transaction history, access to FD's, my investment portfolio etc. which is available to not only my RM, but BM, loan, and practically any nitty gritty employee who works at the bank by just knowing my account number.

Account -
@IndusInd Bank - Select Family Program

I AM SPOOKED. GUYSSSSSS! I am okay with government using the access to transaction history, maybe even a BM, my RM, higher CS representatives, but literally anyone having your entire savings account history?????? Contacts, names who have you as beneficiarys. Naah. I can't have this as an open book. 🤦🏻

Help me on how to limit access to account transaction history specifically which is currently available to all bank employees and the knowledge of which can be easily misused. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Solution
I hope tagging all big guns would help...

@SSV
@Vasuki
@Wealth is my birth right!
@VisheshBansal
@Shin-Chan
@shubhankaraarya
@ashwink
@HumorSimpson
@Abhishek012

AND ALL THE LEGENDS WHOM I MISSED. 🥺 PLEASE HELP ME... Bhagwan aapko dudho nahaye puto phalaye.
First thing:
There is nothing you can do as it stands now in order to restrict the access to your data depending upon the hierarchy within the bank..
This facility is not technically available to customers like you and me.. period…

Okay regarding what is right or wrong we can discuss this for any length of the time and still can not come with any resolution as there are many many factors that are involved...
I can't be okay knowing that slim little bastard RM of mine has my entireeeeeeee FAMILY'S Savings and Current account and FD and MF portfolio access.

If he sells out. I am done. 🥺😪 You think Ambani's and Adani's would be okay with thier banks providing account info access to any random fucking employee? 🤣

Google one 's dark web monitoring showed me that my physical address got leaked from bigbasket. 😕
I remember when dominos data got leaked, my friend literally messaged me saying bro how you eating so much and not getting fat

I was like where did you find it 🤣

It was absolute chaos, but hey I don't mind and I won't be surprised if in future any data breach happens involving govt IDs. ^^

I remember when dominos data got leaked, my friend literally messaged me saying bro how you eating so much and not getting fat
You could have told him that you do gym ⛹️ from 6 to 9.
Working Out GIF by American Dad

All HDFC employees also have that information and much more
not even home branch some random HDFC branch salary account agent on his HDFC portal entered my phone number and could see everything including account number and my home branch and my family details and account balance

from that he took my cust ID and entered it somewhere else from where he could see my past 6 months of bank statement

no OTP no consent or anything that was all infront of my eyes I was baffled

he was telling me my own salary and everything, this is horribly stupid

All HDFC employees also have that information and much more
not even home branch some random HDFC branch salary account agent on his HDFC portal entered my phone number and could see everything including account number and my home branch and my family details and account balance

from that he took my cust ID and entered it somewhere else from where he could see my past 6 months of bank statement

no OTP no consent or anything that was all infront of my eyes I was baffled

he was telling me my own salary and everything, this is horribly stupid
See this is what I am talking about. THIS SAME F** thing. HOW CAN ANYBODY BE OKAY TO THIS? 🥺🙏🏻

How can you be okay to this. @Vasuki @SSV ??

Seriously TechnoF members? Is there NO Option to simply restrict access or have 2FA before access ??????

As explained, whoever wants to access my info, needs my OTP, Access lasts for 5 minutes. ✅ Job done. Problem solved.
No bro, there are no options, and the solution which you're suggesting benefits only your side. If some X person tries to access netbanking or something, they'll definitely need an OTP to bypass security.

However, bank employees work at the backend. They don't require any additional verification, and why should they? You opened an account with them by providing your PAN and Aadhaar card.

Now you feel comfortable sharing your government IDs in this case?

Wouldn't that technically mean that analysing individual bank accounts could give so much insight on our country's economy. 🥺

AND I AM GOING BACK TO PLAIN OLD METHOD OF CASH. F** UPI and bank accounts. Guys buy property, gold and stuff. But never f** keep money in your bank account ever. 🥺

No bro, there are no options, and the solution which you're suggesting benefits only your side. If some X person tries to access netbanking or something, they'll definitely need an OTP to bypass security.

However, bank employees work at the backend. They don't require any additional verification, and why should they? You opened an account with them by providing your PAN and Aadhaar card.

Now you feel comfortable sharing your government IDs in this case?
Are you comfortable that some 15k salaried bank employee in any part of this country can from anywhere with his/her credentials access your account details.

How can you be sure he won't provide it to someone seeking that info in exchange of money?

If it is SO - That all employees can access through backend without 2FA. And we have no solution, in that case simply answer this one. Do you think Ambani's and Adani's financial details are available up for grabs for any bank employee with whom they have accounts? 🥺 And you think they would be okay with it? 🤣

Are you comfortable that some 15k salaried bank employee in any part of this country can from anywhere with his/her credentials access your account details.
If he is bank employee then why would I care? Hahaha, bro according to your logic. I would advice you to switch to crypto. That way, everything will be encrypted.

Do you think Ambani's and Adani's financial details are available up for grabs for any bank employee with whom they have accounts? 🥺 And you think they would be okay with it? 🤣
Guess what, you can find their details online. Did you recently read hindenburg report on SEBI's chief? They literally shown the networth of both Buchs, which is like $10m.

You would be "spooked" more, when you get to know the Hindenburg is not even in India. They are based in USA.

I hope tagging all big guns would help...

@SSV
@Vasuki
@Wealth is my birth right!
@VisheshBansal
@Shin-Chan
@shubhankaraarya
@ashwink
@HumorSimpson
@Abhishek012

AND ALL THE LEGENDS WHOM I MISSED. 🥺 PLEASE HELP ME... Bhagwan aapko dudho nahaye puto phalaye.
First thing:
There is nothing you can do as it stands now in order to restrict the access to your data depending upon the hierarchy within the bank..
This facility is not technically available to customers like you and me.. period…

Okay regarding what is right or wrong we can discuss this for any length of the time and still can not come with any resolution as there are many many factors that are involved here..like from govt legislation, implementation, governance, banks’ commitment and compliance, etc

Right now I am on a tour, we can discuss this elaborately after I return back in about 4 days time..
Meanwhile relax and enjoy life rather than what could happen to your data..

Reason: we are living a country where there is no meaning to terms like:
1) Privacy
2) customer service
Etc…

Life is very short .. just enjoy

I will explain everything soon

Solution
How can TF Pro members NOT get this bro's.

I am okay with government and all higher end employees having access to this data.

I am concerned that low level employees should only have access to my financial data with 2FA. ✅ With limited time as well. No log downloads/screenshots etc.

Plus, even when government or other high ranking bank official may ever wish to access my data even without 2FA, great, just send me some notification, if not then atleast some log as to who accessed what and for which purpose. 🙏🏻

My final take, these are very sensitive financial infos. Giving access to low level employees without proper 2FA from account holder side is VERY VERY CONCERNING.

If there is no such process on the bank's side yet in India, there absolutely should be. And if truly there isn't one, I think someone should file a PIL.

If there is some procedure, and we are not aware about it. Well atleast TF pro's should be. But in any case, I would thoroughly research this one. Mail PNO, RBI, RTI about this, have some escalated calls. And get you some info.

I think I am completely missing some point, a topic of discussion this critical in nature should have been discussed already with ample info on internet. Yet I can't find any. No response from ChatGPT too. YouTube 🤣 Nvr mind.

I am okay with government and all higher end employees having access to this data.

I am concerned that low level employees should only have access to my financial data with 2FA. ✅ With limited time as well. No log downloads/screenshots etc.

Plus, even when government or other high ranking bank official may ever wish to access my data even without 2FA, great, just send me some notification, if not then atleast some log as to who accessed what and for which purpose. 🙏🏻

My final take, these are very sensitive financial infos. Giving access to low level employees without proper 2FA from account holder side is VERY VERY CONCERNING.

If there is no such process on the bank's side yet in India, there absolutely should be. And if truly there isn't one, I think someone should file a PIL.

If there is some procedure, and we are not aware about it. Well atleast TF pro's should be. But in any case, I would thoroughly research this one. Mail PNO, RBI, RTI about this, have some escalated calls. And get you some info.

I think I am completely missing some point, a topic of discussion this critical in nature should have been discussed already with ample info on internet. Yet I can't find any. No response from ChatGPT too. YouTube 🤣 Nvr mind.
See there are two things in the life:
1) An ideal world
and there is another one called :
2)!The real world..

This real world varies depending upon the region of the world…

More later….

24b9ea16ed88bed3188a4e6f6bea5032.webp

If he is bank employee then why would I care? Hahaha, bro according to your logic.

You would care because one could befriend that guy and get details of everyone they know including their companies they work at and the salary they get
The regular transactions they do and everything
Could use the info to sell it to those who care
Threaten/blackmail you
Loot you knowing you have a good bank balance

Target those accounts that have good balance

Someone could get all your details and the I don't have anything to hide point has been discussed n times and makes no sense
The point is nobody should have access to that level of data
Some random guy can't be coming to me and telling me aap is company mein kaam karte ho na and this is your salary
He freaking even had the audacity to question me pointing to a spend ki ye kahan ka spend hai?

Back