• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding access and it's restriction of bank transaction history available to all employees regardless of their position.

Hello @SSV @Vasuki @VISHESH_BANSAL !!

Please help of any available methods on restricting access to all bank transaction history, access to FD's, my investment portfolio etc. which is available to not only my RM, but BM, loan, and practically any nitty gritty employee who works at the bank by just knowing my account number.

Account -
@IndusInd Bank - Select Family Program

I AM SPOOKED. GUYSSSSSS! I am okay with government using the access to transaction history, maybe even a BM, my RM, higher CS representatives, but literally anyone having your entire savings account history?????? Contacts, names who have you as beneficiarys. Naah. I can't have this as an open book. 🤦🏻

Help me on how to limit access to account transaction history specifically which is currently available to all bank employees and the knowledge of which can be easily misused. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Solution
I hope tagging all big guns would help...

@SSV
@Vasuki
@Wealth is my birth right!
@VisheshBansal
@Shin-Chan
@shubhankaraarya
@ashwink
@HumorSimpson
@Abhishek012

AND ALL THE LEGENDS WHOM I MISSED. 🥺 PLEASE HELP ME... Bhagwan aapko dudho nahaye puto phalaye.
First thing:
There is nothing you can do as it stands now in order to restrict the access to your data depending upon the hierarchy within the bank..
This facility is not technically available to customers like you and me.. period…

Okay regarding what is right or wrong we can discuss this for any length of the time and still can not come with any resolution as there are many many factors that are involved...
You don't actually want solutions, you want someone to agree with whatever ideas you have

You are pretty much giving counter arguments to every feedback others have shared.
Bro, you simply saying no such method exists to modify access of our financial data/info among hierarchy of banks.

OFCOURSE I WILL COUNTER-ARGUE AND NOT SETTLE. 🤣 It's conflict of interest.

But one thing is for sure. Since none of you pro TF members know about such a method, it really simply does not exist.

AND THAT SHOULD SPOOK THE F** OUT OF YOU EVERYBODY. Shouldn't it? 🥺 Maybe I am stupid.

Bro, you simply saying no such method exists to modify access of our financial data/info among hierarchy of banks.

OFCOURSE I WILL COUNTER-ARGUE AND NOT SETTLE. 🤣 It's conflict of interest.

But one thing is for sure. Since none of you pro TF members know about such a method, it really simply does not exist.

AND THAT SHOULD SPOOK THE F** OUT OF YOU EVERYBODY. Shouldn't it? 🥺 Maybe I am stupid.
The method exists for Private banking clients which requires atleast 1 CR in savings deposit. If you have that much money then open such accounts and your issues will be solved.

Hello @SSV @Vasuki @VISHESH_BANSAL !!

Please help of any available methods on restricting access to all bank transaction history, access to FD's, my investment portfolio etc. which is available to not only my RM, but BM, loan, and practically any nitty gritty employee who works at the bank by just knowing my account number.

Account -
@IndusInd Bank - Select Family Program

I AM SPOOKED. GUYSSSSSS! I am okay with government using the access to transaction history, maybe even a BM, my RM, higher CS representatives, but literally anyone having your entire savings account history?????? Contacts, names who have you as beneficiarys. Naah. I can't have this as an open book. 🤦🏻

Help me on how to limit access to account transaction history specifically which is currently available to all bank employees and the knowledge of which can be easily misused. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Disclaimer - I'm a banker and work in a respectable position and I guess I'm well qualified to answer your

***If a bank employee can't have access to customer data then how will they service thier clients?***

& FYI you can't restrict any specific set of employees to limit access to your data, banks have thier own internal mechanism for that and employees above a certain level have access to customers data in case of my bank and other PSUs anyone below clerical/associate/customer service associate cannot access your data directly probably same case is followed by other privates as well, ever heard of concept of a Virtual RM? Those who call you for offers on PL etc. from call centers? Even they have access to your data and being a customer of IndusInd and Axis both I can very well say they are some of the most notorious in the Industry

I have numerous points to prove you wrong and had this argument on the internet with others on the same topic but I won't go there today as my father and I had the same argument a couple of days back and even he was ignorant on this topic (Acess of data with Virtual RMs)

His concerns are not so unreasonable by the way just because we don't care about it.

Firstly he was unaware that such system doesn't exist, later on, through his other comments he questioned or suprised why it's not in existence.

Putting his words: He is asking that why there's no 2FA for low level employees, why no notification is being sent that this employee has viewed your this details for this purpose.

In other words, he meant to say if I will raise complaint/concern with that particular employe, my consent needs to be taken and then only he/she can access my data and should have a log so that I can keep an eye, right OP (@paras.bhalodia) ?

Whereas it's fine if such data can be accessed by a BM/RM/other senior banker without any restriction.

POV: To some extent such feature is available for accessing Aadhar.

And can be implemented for this a well, stakeholders haven't feel necessary for such things. That's why it's not there.

However, as u said you will be researching and questioning to escalation matrix, including NO & PNO, RTI, RBI and others.

I suppose you will be not answered properly for this matter atleast from escalation matrix of bank. However, tag me when you get further updates from bank and authorities about your concern.

Last edited:
I can't be okay knowing that slim little bastard RM of mine has my entireeeeeeee FAMILY'S Savings and Current account and FD and MF portfolio access.
Bhaiya jee ye kis line mei aagye aap? 🤣
If he sells out. I am done. 🥺😪
Dher sara paisa rakha hai lagta hai 🤣
You think Ambani's and Adani's would be okay with thier banks providing account info access to any random fucking employee? 🤣
Ye chiz kaha se puchke aaye Ambani & Adani apko batya tha kya?

Wo chache toh khuda commercial bank bhi open kar sakta hai...

Last edited:
His concerns are not so unreasonable by the way just because we don't care about it.

However, as u said you will be researching and questioning to escalation matrix, including NO & PNO, RTI, RBI and others.

I suppose you will be not answered properly for this matter atleast from escalation matrix of bank. However, tag me when you get further updates from bank and authorities about your concern.
RTI is the best platform for such things.

Attachments

You don't actually want solutions, you want someone to agree with whatever ideas you have

You are pretty much giving counter arguments to every feedback others have shared.
This whole thread is pretty much his rant area.
I stopped giving a f* after 10 replies of his 🥱

Just my two cents (not that he will agree or care):
1. If an employee is misusing your data then there are legal consequences. You can file a case against them.
2. There's something called employee code of conduct, data security training for each employee in any decent bank. Each and everyone should follow it. If not, then they are liable for legal actions.
3. If someone is cross selling you insurance or something based on your savings account transactions there's nothing you can do, you have agreed to the terms and conditions before opening your savings account which entitles the bank to promote their products based on user data.

I don't work in a bank or have the full know-how of how everything works but I'm pretty sure about the corporate workings of any company. So I'm guessing banks will have stricter policies compared to regular corporates.

Maybe I am stupid.
Maybe.

Just my two cents (not that he will agree or care):
1. If an employee is misusing your data then there are legal consequences. You can file a case against them.

1) This is not about something as silly as cross selling insurance.
2) You won't be able to know who is leaking your transaction info if you are a victim. You can't file a case against ghosts.
3) This whole thread is not "pretty much his rant area" - It is about securing your right to privacy of your banking transactions while still enabling government, the bank, and other necessary compliances to keep track of your transactions.
4) 2FA is the practical solution. ✅

Walter White, is that you? 🌚
Your solution is like the pre-Meta era where "Privacy is a myth".

It's like suggesting why be present on social media if you do not want your messages to be public playground. "Why have a bank account if you don't want your transaction history to be a public property"

SSL - AES, 2FA, End-to-End were technologies created to honor these type of requests.

Otherwise you did be living in an era where your cutie-pi msgs would be available on web for some coins of rupees.

Via RTI you can only get to know no such practice is available. Something similar, answer to your question based on facts.

New system can't be implemented.
Now about this. Good ✅ Atleast I will know no such system exists legally then, for any account holders be it IndusInd Pioneer or Indus Select, be it SBI Wealth or SBI Jan Dhan..

Then you can go on to legally request to create such a system. It's not difficult to implement.

And btw. I don't care wether 5 people do not want to go to extreme lengths for such a system on TechnoF..

Because all I know for is!

I did have thousands if not lakhs of supporters who would want this system in India.

It's not about why would anybody care sell your financial history? It's about what one could do and damage if he decides to anonymously simply provide it to any other entity?

How can you be okay to this. @Vasuki @SSV ??

Seriously TechnoF members? Is there NO Option to simply restrict access or have 2FA before access ??????

As explained, whoever wants to access my info, needs my OTP, Access lasts for 5 minutes. ✅ Job done. Problem solved.
And what can our @SSV or @Vasuki do in this regard? They are not RBI governor to take your feedback into account.

As others have already mentioned, you can shift your account to some other Bank (especially the nationalised ones, they won't even bother when things might be beneficial for them).
The situation is same in other countries as well until and unless you are talking to those Swiss Banks kinda institutions whose whole selling point is privacy.

Not even sure if this is a real account or some just creating a gag.

Back