• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding DCB black as LTF under alumni offer with existing HDFC tata neu infinity rupay card

sambit87

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello All.

I got HDFC tata neu infinity rupay card as LTF few months back which was my first HDFC card, after that i came to know about alumni offer and asked them to provide DCB black as LTF to customer care but they are declining the same.

If someone senior from HDFC cards is here, can they please help regarding the same as HDC is giving tata neu cards to existing card holders so why it cant be the similar for me.
Other users also please help and share tricks or contact for getting same.
I reside in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance to CC geeks in this forum.

Are you fulfilling criteria for DCB ?
Salary > 1.75 Lacs p.m. Net
Or
Existing Card with Credit limit> 5 lacs

Then they will help you, else they will decline.

I'm currently fighting with them for LTF DCP under alumni offer
same, i have regalia LTF 5L+, fighting with my HDFC RM for DCB LTF under alumni offer.
They say its only for new card holders. Means you should not hold any card while applying for LTF DCB under alumni offer.

Only hack she told me: Close the existing card and then apply for alumni offer dcb ltf!! Damn, I dont want to risk my regalia LTF. What if they declined dcb for some reason though i qualify all criteria.

Will get back once I close the battle with HDFC!

Update:
emailed HDFC about Alumni offer, after few email conversation, got DCB LTF. Only document required was degree cirtificate i shared over email.

Last edited:
same, i have regalia LTF 5L+, fighting with my HDFC RM for DCB LTF under alumni offer.
They say its only for new card holders. Means you should not hold any card while applying for LTF DCB under alumni offer.

Only hack she told me: Close the existing card and then apply for alumni offer dcb ltf!! Damn, I dont want to risk my regalia LTF. What if they declined dcb for some reason though i qualify all criteria.

Not true, I had moneyback which got upgraded to DCP LTF under alumni offer

Try writing to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

How much time it took for DCP upgrade?
What all docs they demanded ?
Recently I upgraded from Millennia to LTF DCB under Alumni offer.
I have been trying to get the upgrade for last 6 months.
As per my finding there are 2 main criteria for getting DCB as LTF via upgrade route:

1. Must be an Alumni of Listed Colleges/Universities or member of the Listed clubs.
&
2. CL must be >= 500000/-

If one person fulfills above-mentioned criteria then he/she can send mail to "PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com" by attaching the duly-filled card upgrade form and self-attested photocopy of Course completion certificate. He/She will upgrade the card for sure. For customers having CL >= 500000 salary criteria is insignificant factor. Also don't need to have good/excellent NRV to get the upgrade.

No need to approach RM to upgrade card. One can directly write mail to above-mentioned email id for card upgradation.

As per my finding there are 2 main criteria for getting DCB as LTF via upgrade route:

1. Must be an Alumni of Listed Colleges/Universities or member of the Listed clubs.
&

If one person fulfills above-mentioned criteria then he/she can send mail to "PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com" by attaching the duly-filled card upgrade form and self-attested photocopy of Course completion certificate. He/She will upgrade the card for sure. For customers having CL >= 500000 salary criteria is insignificant factor. Also don't need to have good/excellent NRV to get the upgrade.

No need to approach RM to upgrade card. One can directly write mail to above-mentioned email id for card upgradation.
Yeah that's for DCB.
Appreciate your response!!

DCP has some other criteria, I guess.

&

Was your CL>500000 in your existing HDFC credit card?

No, the limit requirement is not 3 Lacs, I got upgraded with just 1.5 L on moneyback.
Fulfilled the income criteria though.
Congo for that. There might be some exceptions in every scenario. In TF community somebody received DCB upgrade under Alumni offer with limit less than 5L as well. But it was not for me. I wasn't lucky enough. They rejected me multiple times even though my income is more than double than what they are asking for DCB upgrade.
I had to increase my CL at first then I submitted request to upgrade to DCB upgrade.

Last edited:
Congo for that. There might be some exceptions in every scenario. In TF community somebody received DCB upgrade under Alumni offer with limit less than 5L as well. But it was for me. They rejected me multiple times even though my income is more than double than what they are asking for DCB upgrade.
I had to increase my CL at first then I submitted request to upgrade to DCB upgrade.
And how you increased your CL?

And how you increased your CL?
For CLE, the best way is to send self-attested income proof along with duly-filled card upgrade/limit enhancement form to Chennai Office. They seldom increase Limit through online route. I tried multiple times through Online mode but they declined every time.
Don't ask for Upgrade with Limit Enhancement. Only ask for Limit Enhancement at first then after getting CLE go for Card upgrade.

Last edited:
Back