• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding Infinia Reward Points credit

Hello Folks

I am bit confused. I talked to the HDFacphone Banking to understand how the reward points system in Infinia is? What are the limits and capping? They said there is no capping. And even rent fuel and insurance are eligible for rewards.

I also checked with infinia Concierge, they said there is a cap of 15000 points but on the smartbuy points. They were not sure of insurance rent etc.

I am getting different dated articles on internet

Can anyone here share the latest and with authentic souce about the rewards point system on Infinia. What is the rewards system on smartbuy and gyftr and capping?
Also, are add on card rewards separate or included in the above capping ?

request forum to help me.

Hello Folks

I am bit confused. I talked to the HDFacphone Banking to understand how the reward points system in Infinia is? What are the limits and capping? They said there is no capping. And even rent fuel and insurance are eligible for rewards.

I also checked with infinia Concierge, they said there is a cap of 15000 points but on the smartbuy points. They were not sure of insurance rent etc.

I am getting different dated articles on internet

Can anyone here share the latest and with authentic souce about the rewards point system on Infinia. What is the rewards system on smartbuy and gyftr and capping?
Also, are add on card rewards separate or included in the above capping ?

request forum to help me.
Capping is only for Smartbuy Purchases only. No limit for others.
For insurance, Groceries points will be mentioned separately in the statement. All other rewards points are mentioned in the statement directly in each spends.

That requires you to spend 60L in one month. I doubt that anyone has that high limits and worries about rewards if they can manage the spend, they would probably be using Amex Platinum Charge instead.

So yeah, you're right there are limits but effectively no capping on the base rewards for reasonable spends.

That requires you to spend 60L in one month. I doubt that anyone has that high limits and worries about rewards if they can manage the spend, they would probably be using Amex Platinum Charge instead.

So yeah, you're right there are limits but effectively no capping on the base rewards for reasonable spends.
Why Platinum Charge? Infinia is much better with 3.3% reward rate vs practically zero on Platinum Charge.

Why Platinum Charge? Infinia is much better with 3.3% reward rate vs practically zero on Platinum Charge.
The kind of people who spend 30-40L a month don't care much about rewards, they care about the charge going through and not being bothered to keep track of their available limit -- just make a single large payment at the end of the month.

When I made payment of 8L for house registration via Infinia a few years ago (when it still accrued points), it failed the first time around as it triggered their fraud detection algorithms (which are not tuned for such large amounts). I had to manually talk to someone to get it to work the second time around.

Also, I haven't heard of many Infinia card holders with 25L+ limits, so that means once you reach your limit you need to pay it off before you can use it again. Banks are more constrained here than Amex since they have to set aside a portion of the capital -- and RBI has made the risk weight 150% for credit cards last year, which has caused the spate of pre-emptive limit reduction by banks on who they perceive as not using the limits or are not profitable enough for the bank.

I was still answering what OP had asked. If you want to talk about optimization, we have several other threads for that.

Some inputs on the reward rates and cappings as asked by you are summarized below.

Reward Rates for Earning RPs for Infinia
  • RPs will be earned for transaction amounts in multiples of Rs 150 @ 5 RPs/Rs 150.
  • Residual amounts or transactions below Rs 150 will not earn RPs.
  • RPs base earning rate is 3.33% (i.e. 5 RPs/Rs 150 = 3.33%).
  • Accelerated Rate for RPs is 5x (i.e. 16.67%) or 10x (i.e. 33.33%).
RPs on Annual Fees for Infinia
  • You get 12,500 RPs in return for paying the annual fees.
  • With the right point conversions, you are essentially paying Rs 2.25K per annum which is the GST (@12% of Rs 12,500).
RPs Validity for Infinia
  • For Infinia, the RPs will be valid for 3 years from the date of card upgrade/migration, replacement, renewal or reissuance.
  • RPs lapse after 3 years of not using it. E.g. If you make a purchase on 1 Jan 2024, your RPs earned for that transaction will expire on 31 Dec 2026.
  • And all points are nullified if the card is not used for 365 days.
Max RPs in a Statement Cycle for Infinia
  • The max RPs that can be earned in a statement cycle Infinia metal is 2,00,000.
SmartBuy Cappings for Accelerated RPs for Infinia
  • A daily cap of 15,000 RPs per day and 15,000 bonus RPs per calendar month.
  • Once you reach this cap, subsequent purchases will earn RPs at the regular rate (1x).
  • The monthly SmartBuy caps only apply to accelerated rewards, not base rewards.
  • The base 1x rewards on spends is uncapped.
No RPs
  • Rental Transactions. RPs will not be accrued for rental pay transactions, property management services like rent, maintenance, packers & movers, etc.
  • Rent – 3rd Party. For rent payments made through third-party merchants, a fee of 1% of the total transaction amount will be levied from the second rental transaction of the calendar month.
  • Income Tax (IT) Payments. Infinia doesn't give any RPs on IT payments.
  • Government Transactions. No RPs for government transactions. For government spends like IT payments you will pay extra convenience fee (which is 0.72% as of 1st July 2024 for HDFC gateway through IT portal), get no RPs.
  • Fuel. No RPs are earned on fuel transactions. However, 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India on transactions between Rs.400 and Rs.1,00,000 is given and the waiver is capped at Rs 1,000 every billing cycle.
  • Easy EMI. No RPs for Easy EMI.
  • Smart EMI. RPs accrued will be reversed if a retail transaction is converted into Smart EMI.
  • E-Wallets. Infinia does not provide any RPs for loading e-wallets.
Hope it answers some of your queries.

Can someone please help me understand here as to why I didnt get any rewards for the below purchases.. and there is another page in the statement, with multiple transactions not fetching me any rewards.

View attachment 61166
Please check the MCC for the transactions from your CC Customer Care. They will inform you about each transaction MCC. Then you can check if those MCCs are valid for RPs or not as per your CC's MITC. The MCC list is available online. One such link is this https://www.mastercard.us/content/d...ocuments/quick-reference-booklet-merchant.pdf. If the MCCs for your transactions qualify, then you will get the RPs. If not, you can raise a query with the concerned bank.
Hope this helps.

Back