• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Relationship Manager: Your True Wealth Destroyer - Know Everything About RM

When did you open iob? Please share your experience
Opened around Feb/ March last year. Started taking payments in IOB from April onwards. Requires around 1500 deposit to open account.

I met the guy in bank who handles remittance and have got contact of him. For any issues I contact him directly. I had to contact him only once so far, never had much issues

Are the fees competitive with IOB and SBI?
I do not recieve any funds from abroad. I used DBS to send money abroad. On a few occassions in the last 2 years. Never bothered to check misc charges which anyway was almost next to nothing. This is because of my experience of dealing in forex for over a decade.

I had earlier worked in SBI Overseas Branch, Visakhapatnam, then at Hyderabad International Airport branch and later at Handloom House branch - all dealing with remittances, interbank international transfers, wire transfers n correspondent relations with over 175 banks globally.

So, when I get better rate, I don't care about rates quoted by other banks or about misc charges. What matters most is that the transfer must be lightening fast n direct without involving other intermediate banks (paying bank, settlement bank, reimbursing bank, banker in case of need, ....) which all add up to the final cost.

I do not recieve any funds from abroad. I used DBS to send money abroad. On a few occassions in the last 2 years. Never bothered to check misc charges which anyway was almost next to nothing. This is because of my experience of dealing in forex for over a decade.

I had earlier worked in SBI Overseas Branch, Visakhapatnam, then at Hyderabad International Airport branch and later at Handloom House branch - all dealing with remittances, interbank international transfers, wire transfers n correspondent relations with over 175 banks globally.

So, when I get better rate, I don't care about rates quoted by other banks or about misc charges. What matters most is that the transfer must be lightening fast n direct without involving other intermediate banks (paying bank, settlement bank, reimbursing bank, banker in case of need, ....) which all add up to the final cost.

Howz your experience with dbs bank for remaining things Sir?

@Vasuki is that you ? who said that he likes to visit RM in person in the branch as she is cute ?
Bag Secured Make It Rain GIF by CocoJuice
Its @m4b, Axis golf course ext road branch EM

Howz your experience with dbs bank for remaining things Sir?
I/we was/were in the very first batch of customers - the earliest - to open DigiBank SB accounts with DBS.

Top class App. Perfect in all respects. NEVER ever failed me even once. Never I had to call their Support Team. Not for nothing, DBS is THE BEST BANK for so many years running.

After 7 yrs, I had to close it - as part of pruning exercise as I was having too many accounts. My wife n kids still have theirs.

DBS App's features, stability, usability, availability... is what every bank should aim for. Extremely happy.

Later from a discussion thread on this forum I found that IOB is offering much better rates and required only 1000 INR maintenance.

For comparison I pay almost 80% less fees to IOB compared to Axis.
Those inward remittance transactions were by friends and family or business transactions?

I/we was/were in the very first batch of customers - the earliest - to open DigiBank SB accounts with DBS.

Top class App. Perfect in all respects. NEVER ever failed me even once. Never I had to call their Support Team. Not for nothing, DBS is THE BEST BANK for so many years running.

After 7 yrs, I had to close it - as part of pruning exercise as I was having too many accounts. My wife n kids still have theirs.

DBS App's features, stability, usability, availability... is what every bank should aim for. Extremely happy.
In the initial years of their India operations they used to offer flat 7% rate of interest on savings account balance and zero fee cash withdrawals from any atm in the country. Had moved all my free balance to digibank during that phase.

Indian bank RMs are worthless but those working at foreign bank’s India operations do have knowledge about finance. Both though operate with the same intention of earning incentives for themselves and their employer.

I share a similar experience with my DBS India account. I closed it earlier in August too.

Back