• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Removing enquiry if card application is rejected for non serviceable area

ajay1234

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I would like to know if we can ask bank to remove enquiry from CIBIL if they reject CC due to non serviceablility

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there a template you guys have to remove credit enquiries like these and also other reasons.

I tried with one of the banks because they had 2 checks in the same month but customer care people act dumb. Want to try the email route but I know this can also be painfully slow and disappointing, so checking with the experts for best practices

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
An enquiry is a piece of factual information that shows the borrower is credit hungry (or has an appetite to take on more credit). Lack of serviceability of the pin code does not change anything. It will still count as an enquiry.

Moreover, enquiries don't cause much damage. If you have a paid subscription to CIBIL you can verify the same in the simulation tab.

Last edited:

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Let's say my CIBIL score is 845 today. The score would have been 870 had there not been a lot of credit card enquiries in the last 3 years. However, from a lending institution's standpoint, there is no difference between 800 & 840. Both scores will make the borrower eligible to get loans at the best possible rate, ceteris paribus.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Let's say my CIBIL score is 820 today. The score would have been 840 had there not been a lot of credit card enquiries in the last 3 years. However, from a lending institution's standpoint, there is no difference between 812 & 840. Both scores will make the borrower eligible to get loans at the best possible rate, ceteris paribus.
Ours satisfaction*