• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payment on DCB

Morpheusarch

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Wanted to know if we can get points for Rent payment on DCB for RedGirraffe after the devaluation if we pay through Payzapp or HDFC netbanking app. I tried adding the card to BharatNxt but its saying invalid card number so I guess isn't accepted on BharatNxt.

TIA

Same question but for axis cards via new payzapp app and redgiraffe for rent..

Last edited:
Hi,

Wanted to know if we can get points for Rent payment on DCB for RedGirraffe after the devaluation if we pay through Payzapp or HDFC netbanking app. I tried adding the card to BharatNxt but its saying invalid card number so I guess isn't accepted on BharatNxt.

TIA
Till last month, I did get the points from DCB through red giraffe

Ahh thanks, will do the registration for red giraffe then.
yes.. for geniune rent cases.. red giraffe is the most reliable.. initial process is a little cumbersome but after that it is smooth.. service is also good.. rent takes about 2-3 days to get credited

Till last month, I did get the points from DCB through red giraffe
yes.. for geniune rent cases.. red giraffe is the most reliable.. initial process is a little cumbersome but after that it is smooth.. service is also good.. rent takes about 2-3 days to get credited
Do you have an idea about how the rent payment shows in the bank statement of the landlord? Does it mention the tenant's name and month of rent payment etc., so the landlord can know that the payment came directly from me?

Also does it send a notification to us when the rent has been deposited into landlord's bank account?

Do you have an idea about how the rent payment shows in the bank statement of the landlord? Does it mention the tenant's name and month of rent payment etc., so the landlord can know that the payment came directly from me?
actually i have never checked that.. never really needed to.. let me find out

No. But i didnt have email id of my landlord, so I added my other alternate email as landlord email.
Those red giraffe people send email to landlord saying your tenant has paid u rent, you have earn red giraffe points. buy this buy that. xD
Its Very bad as they unnecessary disturb our landlord xD
Also does it send a notification to us when the rent has been deposited into landlord's bank account?
They send you a msg saying rent has initiated with a UTR number xyz but after that in a day or two you get a invoice. When you get invoice it generally means rent has been transferred. But one time as it was weekend, even after getting invoice rent was not there in landlord's account. So make sure to pay rent accordingly. Transactions dont happen on weekend most probably.

Hmm.. one email a month is not disturbing in today's scenario along with the rent credit intimation.. u can get some GVs at some minor discount with RG points i think. never used them though.. they are also like cred coins.. keep accumulation no usage :)

Hmm.. one email a month is not disturbing in today's scenario along with the rent credit intimation.. u can get some GVs at some minor discount with RG points i think. never used them though.. they are also like cred coins.. keep accumulation no usage :)
I totally oppose this "Contacting the landlord thing".
I am your customer. I came to you for services. I gave you all the info. Why you contacting the other party at all? feels unprofessional xD
He should never know how I am sending my money.

Valid Point.. However in this age of marketing and public data... doubt they will let go of this opportunity... Once our privacy laws get stronger maybe...However IMHO I have never been bothered by RG.. One email and one sms per month is all i get.. not sure what the landlords get..

TBH I don't care anyways if they send any mail to landlord as that can be resolved by giving your own separate email id. I'm more concerned as to when and how the amount gets credited to his account as in my case he is a man in his 70s and I have to physically inform him that I have credited the amount. If they send me the notification when they credit the amount I can live with that.

As to taking personal info, that's practically unavoidable in this day and age.

I have found some interesting discounts on GVs on RG quite a few times. Few days back only, I purchased Titan Eye Plus GVs of 5500 from RG at 10% discount. None of the other gift portals (including Amazon, Gyftr, Amex Rewards Multiplier etc) were giving any discount. After factoring in charges for payment through credit card, I could still get 8.6% discount.

I have similarly made big purchases of Tanishq and even Amazon Pay GVs from RG at a discount in past. Though now they have increased the credit card charges a bit resulting in a premium of ~0.25% on purchase of Amazon Pay GVs (Rs 49 on purchase of 20k gv)

I saw that HDFC itself also charges 1% fees for rent payment, which is separate from the merchant fees that would be charged by RG or Paytm
Can anyone confirm?

Hi folks,
Was going through the TnCs of DCBM and found a point related to rent payment through third party merchants. Please see below extract.

1713020731755.png

I am curious to know if payments via Payzapp-Red giraffe would fetch this 1% charge as mentioned above, as payzapp is not a third party for HDFC.

Can anyone who's recently paid rent using DCB on Payzapp-Red giraffe confirm this, please?

TIA

Back