• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payment Platform without PAN card and limits

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Hi Community Members,

I wanted to discuss what platforms supports rent payment without owners PAN card. And what is the corresponding limit on these platforms on monthly basis.

This can be helpful for members whose owners are not sharing PAN card or are demanding extra 5% to share PAN card details. I have found this common in PG's and Colive in and around. So any insights will be helpful.

I have added a draft master table, Please suggest and will update accordingly..Try editing the below table as well.

PlatformPAN RequiredNet Platform Charges*
Rent Agreement Required

Card Acceptance
Best Card/Site
RedGiraffeYES0.46%YesAll, except AMEXAmex Plat through PayZapp
MagicBricks0% to 1.76%Yes for 0% feesAll, except AMEX
99Acres1.17%NoAll, except Diners
NoBroker1.3%OptionalAll, except AMEX
Freecharge1.47%OptionalAll, except AMEX
HousingYES1.61%NoAll
CREDYES1.8%NoAll, except AMEX
PhonePeYES2%NoAll
PayTM2.2%NoAll, except AMEX
MobikwikNO2.36%NoAll, except AMEX
PayMatrix2.36%NoAll, except AMEX

Credit Card Charges and MCC:

Credit Card Charges: Now almost every bank is charging 1% + GST = 1.18%
Credit Card IssuersRental MCC & ChargesEducation Fees MCC & ChargesReward Points Earn ?
HDFC6513 | 1.18%
Amex | 0 %
Axis (Atlas)
Didn't get what you mean by -
Amex plat through payzapp.
Afaik payzapp doesn't allow amex.

If someone is editing this post, please update it correctly in right columns. It seems the order has been messed up 😅. Attached the screenshot of current table.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 6.23.00 PM.webp

How do you pay using HDFC billpay, your society must be registered. otherwise you might use RedGiraffe etc... for that they will charge .46% and hdfc will charge additional 1%+GST
So 3rd party or not, 1% will be there? And No RPs I assume in either case?

That's correct. No RP as well in case of HDFC a/c to their latest update. I have paid my rent using HDFC, let's see. I'll update when my statement is generated.
So total 1.18% by HDFC and 0.46% by RedGiraffe? Still a loss even if we recover 1% using DC...

P.S. ETA of statement? Will remind you if required 😉

Seems I'm unable to edit but can anyone add Onecard
In app - 2% + GST - no RPs
Rental MCC 3rd Party - 1% + GST, RPs not sure, not eligible for 5x though

Last edited:
So total 1.18% by HDFC and 0.46% by RedGiraffe? Still a loss even if we recover 1% using DC...

P.S. ETA of statement? Will remind you if required 😉
Yes.
I’m primarily doing this to increase my spend on my card to get infinia. I’ll do this for next 6 months. So small 1% will not affect me , I can get more rewards once I get Infinia. Also I don’t want to go via ULIP route

Yes.
I’m primarily doing this to increase my spend on my card to get infinia. I’ll do this for next 6 months. So small 1% will not affect me , I can get more rewards once I get Infinia. Also I don’t want to go via ULIP route
Does it count towards card milestones similar to spends?

And HDFC Billpay Rent had no charges once per month or something, is that discontinued? Did you get the 1.18% charge on the statement already or are you expecting it?

And HDFC Billpay Rent had no charges once per month or something, is that discontinued? Did you get the 1.18% charge on the statement already or are you expecting it?
I think so, for other cards it does, but not sure about HDFC.

Yes, it is discontinued as I do not see it written anywhere and also in the recent email that HDFC has sent to all CC customers it is not mentioned. You can refer here.. https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/bill-payments/rent-payment/faqs-rent-payment

Waiting for statement, will take another 10 days.

Which hdfc card you have currently and whats the spend criteria to get Infinia, and whats the credit limit eligibility?
For Infinia, 8L or 7.5L (in some cases) spends is required. CL eligibility is blurred coz sometimes people get with low CL as well. However 6-8L is the required limit.

Hi Community Members,

I wanted to discuss what platforms supports rent payment without owners PAN card and rent agreement. This can be helpful for members whose owners are not sharing PAN card or are demanding extra 5% to share PAN card details. I have found this common in PG's and Colive in and around. So any insights will be helpful.

UPDATE:
I have paid a rent of 30500 using RedGirraffe. I paid using my HDFC card using PayZapp. I'll update total charges
  • RedGiraffe: 30500 (Rent) + 140.36 (0.46% charges)​
  • HDFC CC : Yet to be billed.​

I have added a draft master table. This is a wiki post, so please update the information in the below tables if you have any updates.

PlatformPAN RequiredNet Platform Charges*Rent Agreement RequiredCard AcceptanceBest Card/Site
RedGiraffeYES0.46%YesAll, except AMEX
MagicBricks0% to 1.76%Yes for 0% feesAll, except AMEX
99Acres1.3%NoAll, except Diners
NoBrokerYES1.3%OptionalAll, except AMEX
FreechargeYES1.47%OptionalAll, except AMEX
HousingYES1.61%NoAll, except AMEX
CREDYES1.8%NoAll, except AMEX
PhonePeYES2%NoAll, except AMEX
PayTM2.2%NoAll, except AMEX
MobikwikNO, upto 49,9992.5%NoAll, except AMEX
PayMatrix2.36%NoAll, except AMEX

Credit Card Charges and MCC:
Credit Card Charges: Now almost every bank is charging 1% + GST = 1.18%

Credit Card IssuersRental MCC & ChargesEducation Fees MCC & ChargesReward Points Earn ?
HDFC6513 | 1.18%NO RP's.
Amex | 0 %
Axis (Atlas)
i think hdfc doesn't chg anything on RG.. can u double chk

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back