• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payment Platform without PAN card and limits

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

cc_dc_explorer

TF Premier
Hi Community Members,

I wanted to discuss what platforms supports rent payment without owners PAN card and rent agreement. This can be helpful for members whose owners are not sharing PAN card or are demanding extra 5% to share PAN card details. I have found this common in PG's and Colive in and around. So any insights will be helpful.

UPDATE:
I have paid a rent of 30500 using RedGirraffe. I paid using my HDFC card using PayZapp. I'll update total charges
  • RedGiraffe: 30500 (Rent) + 140.36 (0.46% charges)​
  • HDFC CC : Yet to be billed.​

I have added a draft master table. This is a wiki post, so please update the information in the below tables if you have any updates.

PlatformMCCPAN RequiredNet Platform Charges*Rent Agreement RequiredCard AcceptanceBest Card/Site
RedGiraffeYES0.46%YesAll, except AMEX
MagicBricks0% to 1.76%Yes for 0% feesAll, except AMEX
99Acres1.3%NoAll, except Diners
NoBrokerYES1.3%OptionalAll, except AMEX
FreechargeYES1.47%OptionalAll, except AMEX
HousingYES1.61%NoAll, except AMEX
CREDYES1.8%NoAll, except AMEX
PhonePeYES2%NoAll, except AMEX
PayTM2.2%NoAll, except AMEX
Mobikwik6513NO, upto 49,9992.5%NoAll, except AMEX
PayMatrix2.36%NoAll, except AMEX
OneCard65132% + GST

Credit Card Charges and MCC:
Credit Card Charges: Now almost every bank is charging 1% + GST = 1.18%

Credit Card IssuersRental MCC & ChargesEducation Fees MCC & ChargesReward Points Earn ?
HDFC6513 | 1.18%NO RP's.
Amex | 0 %
Axis (Atlas)
IDFC6513 | 1.18 %

Last edited:
Hi Community Members,

I wanted to discuss what platforms supports rent payment without owners PAN card. And what is the corresponding limit on these platforms on monthly basis.

This can be helpful for members whose owners are not sharing PAN card or are demanding extra 5% to share PAN card details. I have found this common in PG's and Colive in and around. So any insights will be helpful.

I have added a draft table, Please suggest and will update accordingly..Try editing the below table as well.

PlatformPAN required?Limit/monthRent Agreement Required?
RedGirrafeYES
MobiKwikYES20,000
FreeCharge
NoBroker
HousingYES
You can add cred ...I don't know exact limit but maximum I have paid is Rs 45000. But you can only pay once in a month. And PAN is required. Rent agreement is not required.
For 2nd payment in a month it asks for rent agreement but I haven't paid twice in a month so don't know about it

Linking some links I found on Magicbricks (0%??):

They will refund the processing fees (1%) once the rent agreement is verified.

Off topic but does the card is charged for using with UPI (in general), I hear the card is charged not the merchant above 2000 inr.
Not sure of other banks but HDFC made TnC changes that rental payment on 3rd party apps will incur extra charges.
Not MDR but bank is charging us for using credit to pay rent, as it could be exploiting.

If you use services like (but not limited to) CRED, PayTM, Cheq, MobiKwik, Freecharge, and others to pay rent, a 1% fee will be charged on the transaction amount and capped at ₹3000 per transaction.

Category. Merchant Category Codes (MCC)
Rent. 6513

Not sure if doing payment via Hdfc Billpay/Payzapp also incurs the fee

99acres for AmEx? 🤔
Where is the (*) expansion you put on Net charges?

Not sure of other banks but HDFC made TnC changes that rental payment on 3rd party apps will incur extra charges.
Not MDR but bank is charging us for using credit to pay rent, as it could be exploiting.

If you use services like (but not limited to) CRED, PayTM, Cheq, MobiKwik, Freecharge, and others to pay rent, a 1% fee will be charged on the transaction amount and capped at ₹3000 per transaction.

Rent. 6513

The charges mentioned is the platform charges(RedGirraffe, Mobikwik etc..). The card with which you pay will charge another 1% + GST, this extra charges are levied by almost all other banks nowadays.

Rent. 6513

Are they charging anything when we pay directly from HDFC Billpay?

Are 99acres and phonepe currently allowing paying rent via amex credit cards ? Or you just updated the table based on some stale info here and there

Can someone please try to update the table and let me know it if works? Since it is wiki post, wanted to make sure everyone is able to update.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back