• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Request for Guidance on Cards to Choose + Rejection Story

Can't seem to digest some things:
My monthly Credit Card expenses are ~ INR 1L
If your monthly spends are ~1L, then why is your credit limit only 3L?
rejection was listed as 'Highly Leveraged
What is your total debt? Is your Home Loan significantly huge?

If you're able to spend 1L+ in a month and paying Home Loan EMI, you should be earning a significant amount. That means you should have a nice chat with your RM regarding this. Sometimes strong words help šŸ˜

Can't seem to digest some things:

If your monthly spends are ~1L, then why is your credit limit only 3L?

What is your total debt? Is your Home Loan significantly huge?

If you're able to spend 1L+ in a month and paying Home Loan EMI, you should be earning a significant amount. That means you should have a nice chat with your RM regarding this. Sometimes strong words help šŸ˜
Give threat that you will move banking to some other Bank. Say from HDFC to ICIC. Say they are giving Wealth account with Emeralde card for LTF. Try to leverage. Your NRV with HDFC seems good actually.

Give threat that you will move banking to some other Bank. Say from HDFC to ICIC. Say they are giving Wealth account with Emeralde card for LTF. Try to leverage. Your NRV with HDFC seems good actually.
Don't get me wrong, these are good things but usually suit for people our age.

I think he must be 30+ and moving banking relationships at that point of time is not practical for some. (Just assuming)

Hence eliminated that bamboo part from my text šŸ™‚

I think he must be 30+ and moving banking relationships at that point of time is not practical for some. (Just assuming)

Ahhh yeah. That is true, very true. Well then, if OP can, then OP should, otherwise, ignore that approach. šŸ™ˆ

Thanks @aayusharyan @shrewdoc. I did tell ICICI that I would move my salaried account from them because of this episode with Amazon Pay ICICI card.

My Credit Limit is not 3L with HDFC. It is 3.9L (Diners Black) + 3.3L (Titanium) = 7.2L. I had asked them not to close Titanium when I got Diners Black LTF as that was my first credit card and oldest credit line (8+ years).

Switching banks is difficult because of multiple NACH setups, etc, but can be done if really required.

I still don't qualify for Infinia (based on Net Pay + last 6-month spend criteria). Any inputs on which premium / super premium card I should be attempting to get?

Thanks @aayusharyan @shrewdoc. I did tell ICICI that I would move my salaried account from them because of this episode with Amazon Pay ICICI card.

My Credit Limit is not 3L with HDFC. It is 3.9L (Diners Black) + 3.3L (Titanium) = 7.2L. I had asked them not to close Titanium when I got Diners Black LTF as that was my first credit card and oldest credit line (8+ years).

Switching banks is difficult because of multiple NACH setups, etc, but can be done if really required.

I still don't qualify for Infinia (based on Net Pay + last 6-month spend criteria). Any inputs on which premium / super premium card I should be attempting to get?
Try Axis. But I am not sure if they can give without account or not for the premium level cards.

But actually, wait for some time, there have been many devaluations recently in premium cards and new cards have been launched. Let it settle for a while. Then we will have better idea on what next step to take.

What has the age of 30 plus got to do with changing a bank? Even a person at the age of 50, 60 or 75 can easily change banks. It might be harder once you are 80 plus.

What has the age of 30 plus got to do with changing a bank? Even a person at the age of 50, 60 or 75 can easily change banks. It might be harder once you are 80 plus.
The general idea here was that with age, the relationship with bank grows and then it becomes a bit more difficult to move all the assets to another bank. This is not that a person of 30 years cannot move accounts in terms of age... But in terms of relationship.

For example, I started with ICICI as a Youngstars account. Simple 1 account.
Then moved to Regular savings account.
Then moved to salary account. Now this account details are set in the policies, funds, PFs, etc.
Then opened DEMAT with ICICI Direct.
Then got CCs from them.
Took out a home loan, all the NACH mandates are set with this account.
Recently opened a Current Account for my Pvt Ltd.

So, you see, for me, moving banks 10 years ago was way simple than moving it today.

Last edited:
Your investments (PPF, NPS, Mutual Fund Folios), your loan EMIs, your SIPs, your trading account, are all set until then. It is a hassle to change account details. And until you're opening new accounts with lakhs or crores, you don't get priority service in India, you're just another customer, ie. Wait for your turn.

Your investments (PPF, NPS, Mutual Fund Folios), your loan EMIs, your SIPs, your trading account, are all set until then. It is a hassle to change account details. And until you're opening new accounts with lakhs or crores, you don't get priority service in India, you're just another customer, ie. Wait for your turn.
Yeah, but I wouldn't prefer to have these things in separate banks... At being a bit old, my priorities will be different and all my accounts being with 1 bank would be easier.... That's what we assumed for OP as well

And also yeah. Relationships are not built overnight. For the new bank, I will be just another customer, whereas for my home branch, I have pretty strong relationship.

Back