• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Requesting Insights on HDFC Credit Card Closure and Retention Offers

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hi everyone,

I recently emailed HDFC Bank to request the closure of my HDFC Indian Oil credit card with a credit limit of only 25k. My reason for the request was to get a limit enhancement or upgrade card offer, which I have been requesting for some time without any success.

I am curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience with HDFC Bank or any other bank. What are your thoughts on my chances of receiving a retention offer from HDFC Bank, or will my card be closed directly? I am also interested to know what happens when there is an outstanding balance on the credit card at the time of closure.

Any insights or experiences you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I recently emailed HDFC Bank to request the closure of my HDFC Indian Oil credit card with a credit limit of only 25k. My reason for the request was to get a limit enhancement or upgrade card offer, which I have been requesting for some time without any success.

I am curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience with HDFC Bank or any other bank. What are your thoughts on my chances of receiving a retention offer from HDFC Bank, or will my card be closed directly? I am also interested to know what happens when there is an outstanding balance on the credit card at the time of closure.

Any insights or experiences you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
few months back i went to close my hdfc bank account for not helping me get better cards im 10yr old customer they offered me timescard i requested them few times saying i paid properly for 10years u guys dont respect people on email they asked me for itr and salary which i dont have ,i had a limit of 3L then when i went to close account they asked me to fill up details which card i want they sent it to chennai office they accepted it also later for some reason hdfc showed i can apply for business regalia i said it was showing ltf current regalia not ltf ,that customer representative took the request and proceeded too

few months back i went to close my hdfc bank account for not helping me get better cards im 10yr old customer they offered me timescard i requested them few times saying i paid properly for 10years u guys dont respect people on email they asked me for itr and salary which i dont have ,i had a limit of 3L then when i went to close account they asked me to fill up details which card i want they sent it to chennai office they accepted it also later for some reason hdfc showed i can apply for business regalia i said it was showing ltf current regalia not ltf ,that customer representative took the request and proceeded too
Will they close card without confirmation? , is there any chance to get call for retaintion offer?

Will they close card without confirmation? , is there any chance to get call for retaintion offer?
They didn't give any retention offers for me when i closed Moneyback card which I had for 4+ years. Reversed the annual fee and told me to use that amount and raise request again. I raised and they closed without calling again.
I was like "meh" 🤷‍♂️

Back