• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Require Medium Sized Bank Locker

Require a medium sized bank locker for keeping some documents which of the below options is best

1. IOB - Dad has FD and Account in IOB however they have only 1 branch here which is an old branch dont think they will have free lockers left

2. SBI - Dad has another account in SBI also they have 4-5 branches in my city think 1 or 2 of the branches (SBM or SBH) which became SBI might give locker facility if we start FD and all

3. IndusInd - I am IndusInd Select Customer with Legend CC so I think it has a discount for Locker fee but when I compared the fees is still high compared to other banks also only 1 branch so I think they will pressure me into starting an FD

4. IDFC - I have the IDFC 10K A/c as 0 BAL with CC and mainly using that for all my Investment transactions. Also that is a new branch so I think there should be lockers available. I dont know much about the fees so if anyone knows please tell me

5. IDBI - I have an Account as well as my Education Loan in IDBI. The only transaction in that account is I credit the Education Loan amount beginning of the month which then gets debited

6. DCB - I opened a DCB Niyo Account 2 weeks back since I am about to visit UK on a official trip in the coming month and wanted the Niyo Global Card. However when I viewed the locker charges in DCB they seem very reasonable (they have not given any info on whether I need to put FD) Medium Locker Tier 2 is 4000 and Tier 3 is 3000 (Dont know whether my city will come in Tier 2 or Tier 3)

If I need to compulsorily start a FD I was researching online and found that Utkarsh bank was giving 9.1% RoI for Senior Citizens then I can start a FD in parents name. Also the minimum FD amount for locker was 11k and their locker rentlal charges were also quite less at Rs2500 pa

So what I would like to know is can l get a locker at decent rental charges in any of the banks where I have accounts without an FD. If I need to put a FD can someone tell me how good is Utkarsh Bank with regards to service and all?

SBI nearby branch no lockers were available so tried contacting the IOB branch seems they had a few and said they need FD and 2 years rental of 3k. Dad already had FD in IOB so wan not an issue and 3k for 2 years seemed like a fair price so booked that need to go next week to complete formalities

Can anyone help me regarding this?
Try IndusInd. Tell them you would open a Pioneer a/c with them for medium locker. Try all branches, if available, open Pioneer a/c with 10L IP and remove funds after a month. Use Pioneer DC for your international spends and withdrawal at 0 fees and returns (much better than crappy Niyo). Locker is free.
In the worst case, if the account is downgraded to Grande, the QAB is 5L and locker charges are at 75% discount (1L QAB and 50% discount for Exclusive account). BTW, Medium locker charges at IndusInd is around 4k (is location specific)

Forgot to update here got a locker in IOB yesterday. Since my dad had a FD in IOB from long (also forgot to mention he is a retired IOB bank manager) he talked with the staff there and there was a staff discount for him and since FD was already there they didnt want any more.

So in IOB after signing the documents which took around 45mins they gave the locker kept things inside and came.

So totally it took 1hr for document signing and all. Also there were some 20 lockers left to choose from in the branch. They gave option of choosing our own choice of locker number and all. So really loved the service. After staff discount the price of locker came to 1500per year for the locker.

So thanks all for the help in giving suggestions

Back