• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(RESOLVED) Unable to pay my ICICI CC bill via BBPS because its showing No Bill Due

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have my ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card bill generated on 28th June and its showing due in the iMobile App on 16th July. But as now ICICI is integrated in BBPS, I am unable to fetch my bill via BBPS and it is showing that there is no bill due and I have already paid it. I have tried on multiple apps BHIM, SBI Unipay, HDFC Billpay (Old Net banking UI) but all of them shows the same because all of them fetches the bill via BBPS.

Is there any solution to this thing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240703-050717~2.png
    Screenshot_20240703-050717~2.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240701-110641~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240701-110641~2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240702-180254~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240702-180254~2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 36
I have my ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card bill generated on 28th June and its showing due in the iMobile App on 16th July. But as now ICICI is integrated in BBPS, I am unable to fetch my bill via BBPS and it is showing that there is no bill due and I have already paid it. I have tried on multiple apps BHIM, SBI Unipay, HDFC Billpay (Old Net banking UI) but all of them shows the same because all of them fetches the bill via BBPS.

Is there any solution to this thing?
Scan the QR Code from your Credit Card Statement and easily pay via UPI. You can pay whatever amount of your choice.

P.S. : Mark this as a Solution and kindly Upvote.

Scan the QR Code from your Credit Card Statement and easily pay via UPI. You can pay whatever amount of your choice.
The problem is not that we are unable to pay.
We can still pay the bill through the below method
  1. UPI
  2. NEFT
  3. Mobikwik/CRED
  4. iMobile Pay
  5. ICICI Net banking
The problem is that the new BBPS Integration is not done properly and HDFC Billpay and SBI Unipay supports BBPS only and we need to pay using these sites in order to earn DC Rewards/CB.

P.S. : Mark this as a Solution and kindly Upvote.
So sorry this is not the solution to the problem

anyone got any solution ?
Not yet as BBPS team is very lethargic in replying and ICICI Phone Customer Care has denied help.
We all collectively who all facing issue must escalate this to ICICI and BBPS.
Draft emails to :
  1. pno@icicibank.com
  2. senior.management@icicibank.com
  3. managingdirector@icicibank.com
Also
bbps.ops@npci.org.in and bbps@npci.org.in

Keep all 5 in loop and raise the issue
I will mail on these after checking if the issue persists after my next statement is generated because I have no bill due actually so they will not pay attention.

If anyone else has bill due and have time in due date they should mail.

Last edited:
ICICI Credit Card Bills via BBPS now working without any problem.

Checked today morning and it is fetching on every site like BHIM App, Unipay, HDFC Billpay and Canara Setu. So BBPS intergration is complete. Paid and settled in 30 minutes.
Oh yes, now its working fine for me too. Through I have paid the entire amount yet the amount is showing. Maybe @CosmicCat was right.

Even after payment of entire amount due banks like IDFC & ICICI are showing the full amount due while HDFC immediately adjusts it in the amount due. In both cases I paid using Mobikwik but HDFC is sorted.

Oh yes, now its working fine for me too. Through I have paid the entire amount yet the amount is showing. Maybe @CosmicCat was right.

Even after payment of entire amount due banks like IDFC & ICICI are showing the full amount due while HDFC immediately adjusts it in the amount due. In both cases I paid using Mobikwik but HDFC is sorted.
Yeah, it keep showing full amount as it is bill amount but there is also current outstanding showing at left side in details and if it is zero you can't pay more. Example: Your due is 35000 and you did 5000 more txn till now so it is showing 40000 as current outstanding but 35K as billed amount. So you can pay 40K also which will settle your current due before statement generation.

I paid second txn just few mins ago and it credited instantly. Actually first one was instant too but I didn't received sms till 20 mins from ICICI so assumed it to be late. But second time checked available limit and statement and it was credited instantly both times.

Yeah, it keep showing full amount as it is bill amount but there is also current outstanding showing at left side in details and if it is zero you can't pay more. Example: Your due is 35000 and you did 5000 more txn till now so it is showing 40000 as current outstanding but 35K as billed amount. So you can pay 40K also which will settle your current due before statement generation.

I paid second txn just few mins ago and it credited instantly. Actually first one was instant too but I didn't received sms till 20 mins from ICICI so assumed it to be late. But second time checked available limit and statement and it was credited instantly both times.
Ok so this means that we can prepay in case of ICICI. This is better and other banks should also follow something like this. IDFC also follows the same thing and that's why it's showing option to pay even after payment. But HDFC doesn't let you pay more than the bill due.

I have recently got the Millenia DC and 5% on autopay is for first year. Should I activate it in case of ICICI? Does it work fine?

Last edited:
Ok so this means that we can prepay in case of ICICI. This is better and other banks should also follow something like this. IDFC also follows the same thing and that's why it's showing option to pay even after payment. But HDFC doesn't let you pay more than the bill due.

I have recently got the Millenia DC and 5% on autopay is for first year. Should I activate it in case of ICICI? Does it work fine?
You can prepay but only till outstanding amount is showing and it is not zero. I just tried when outstanding amt. was 1951, I paid 5K and it shown successful but not settled. Maybe it will get reversed. Will let you know whatever happens in next 3 days.

I never got the option to enable AutoPay in BillPay tab for any credit card in HDFC BillPay external site. There is also smartpay option in credit card section with similar benefits although never tried it but it may allow payment via NB and DC. On electricity and other types I do get auto-pay enabling option by turning it on but not on CC in HDFC Billpay where it remains faded. You can select DC of your choice while setting up.

IMHO, avoid auto-pay as full bill is presented and if less amount is there in limits it may reject payment as may be some banks deny lesser payment than bill presented. Sometimes we forget to keep enough bank balance to let it go through and it charges for failed mandates. Though we can set the amount to be paid but it has more hassles than paying manually. Just my view as I keep myself away from ECS, DC Mandates/Auto-Pay things. Don't save my cards either on any site.

Have maintained excel month-wise for all payments of me and family members. So all dues of taxes, insurance policies (life, general etc.) are there in 12 different sheet named Jan to Dec in single excel sheet. On a Sunday I went through them to clear things. Most of payments for me are in Oct-Dec quarter except CC bills which are every month work.

You can prepay but only till outstanding amount is showing and it is not zero. I just tried when outstanding amt. was 1951, I paid 5K and it shown successful but not settled. Maybe it will get reversed. Will let you know whatever happens in next 3 days.

I never got the option to enable AutoPay in BillPay tab for any credit card in HDFC BillPay external site. There is also smartpay option in credit card section with similar benefits although never tried it but it may allow payment via NB and DC. On electricity and other types I do get auto-pay enabling option by turning it on but not on CC in HDFC Billpay where it remains faded. You can select DC of your choice while setting up.

IMHO, avoid auto-pay as full bill is presented and if less amount is there in limits it may reject payment as may be some banks deny lesser payment than bill presented. Sometimes we forget to keep enough bank balance to let it go through and it charges for failed mandates. Though we can set the amount to be paid but it has more hassles than paying manually. Just my view as I keep myself away from ECS, DC Mandates/Auto-Pay things. Don't save my cards either on any site.

Have maintained excel month-wise for all payments of me and family members. So all dues of taxes, insurance policies (life, general etc.) are there in 12 different sheet named Jan to Dec in single excel sheet. On a Sunday I went through them to clear things. Most of payments for me are in Oct-Dec quarter except CC bills which are every month work.
You are right but my Icici Apay card is not used much and that much amount is always in the account.

Earlier after the BBPS Integration it showed the smartpay option and options to choose whether you want to pay minimum due or full amount 3 days before due date but today I am checking it is not showing that option.

You are right but my Icici Apay card is not used much and that much amount is always in the account.

Earlier after the BBPS Integration it showed the smartpay option and options to choose whether you want to pay minimum due or full amount 3 days before due date but today I am checking it is not showing that option.
I just checked on HDFC Billpay section again. Smartpay option is visible on ICICI CC and to my surprise when we add SBI as biller Smartpay option is not there. I never added my ICICI to HDFC Billpay so wasn't aware of this. Only SBI was added before and it didn't shown Smartpay with it. Now I come to know, Smartpay is actually bank specific. I checked few and 4-5 banks allowing to be added with smartpay feature while other don't It depends on credit card issuing bank and BBPS to some extent anf maybe HDFC also.

Remember 5% cashback upto Rs.150 is only if Smartpay is setup using HDFC DC/CC not HDFC bank account. On other bill payment types like electricity, CC is visible but not on credit card bill setup. While paying directly without adding biller, I get the option to pay using my Millennia CC too but never tried. Will try with 500. I know 99.9%, it will fail but bug inside brain will die finally.

Last edited:
Back