• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward multiplier not captured at merchant

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge
TFers beware,

Amex may deny you bonus MR points at the end of 120 working days, and you may get to know of this after an year.

Note: I had filled their stupid IForm.

Screenshot_20240622-163051.png

TFers beware,

Amex may deny you bonus MR points at the end of 120 working days, and you may get to know of this after an year.

Note: I had filled their stupid IForm.

View attachment 58363
Yes myself also a victim of it
Around 10k points which after 160 days i got after continuously getting followed but after 6 months AmEx reversed it saying that they have credited wrong since the rewards multiplier site didn’t capture well
So sad but i kept quiet since referral earns they extended so that i can monetize this loss

Well this is something amex needs to review. On HDFC smartbuy we clearly get OTP saying via smartbuy. Amex does not have any system by which we can be 100% sure of transacting via the reward multiplier.
I had made transactions of 1.6L on Amex Plat travel during the April offer. Had contacted Amex to confirm whether transaction has been captured via reward multiplier or not. The customer care was not sure and told me the points will be credited in 120 days.
Keeping my fingers crossed as of now.

Well this is something amex needs to review. On HDFC smartbuy we clearly get OTP saying via smartbuy. Amex does not have any system by which we can be 100% sure of transacting via the reward multiplier.
I had made transactions of 1.6L on Amex Plat travel during the April offer. Had contacted Amex to confirm whether transaction has been captured via reward multiplier or not. The customer care was not sure and told me the points will be credited in 120 days.
That's the worst thing. Gyftr is better as it gives the rewards points instantly once the transaction is settled. I raised a complaint with them and followed with them and they confirmed over email that the reward points were indeed captured and would be credited between 90 to 120 days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_175818_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_175818_Gmail.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 38
That's the worst thing. Gyftr is better as it gives the rewards points instantly once the transaction is settled. I raised a complaint with them and followed with them and they confirmed over email that the reward points were indeed captured and would be credited between 90 to 120 days.
Okay Will follow the same route. Earlier I had a chat with the customer care but this time will send a mail.

Same happened with me as well. After numerous escalations, they agreed to provide the points. They were saying new process wull be introduced to capture rightly, but even after 1 year, no change at all. So altogether it's a shady process. Better to stay away.

I’ve lost out on Tanishq purchases and associated milestone benefits a couple of years back.

Avoided RM like plague until recently when Uniqlo 5X rewards got credited within a week’s time, thankfully.

Better to stay clear of RM for big purchases.

Their original points crediting timeline is atrocious as it is

It’s compounded by the fact that weekends and public holidays aren’t part of the 150 day crediting window + no OTP to record + cookies nonsense.

Update. Received 2X bonus MR points for the transaction. So I was lucky enough that the transactions were captured by rewards multiplier. Now waiting for the AGV.

I was concerned that my Flipkart transaction in the last week April for a laptop was not captured. When I enquired few weeks ago, I was asked to wait for 120 working days.

To my surprise, the bonus points were credited yesterday and so a bit relieved!

Back