• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

I have seen many people here is waiting for LTF magnus card and 5:4 reward ratio with burgundy account. As per information I got from my BM and burgundy customer care currently new magnus card and 5:4 reward ratio is not updated in their system and website. They are working on this new update, once their system and website is updated as per new revisions and benefits. They will make it official. Until then we just have to wait.

Few people are opening burgundy accounts just to get magnus Lifetime Free and others will open when this is official.
And Sadly, I am one of them. 🥲
But to be honest parking 10 lakhs in savings account or 30 lakhs FD just to be eligible and fullfill the required criteria for burgundy account is Nonsense. 🤦🏻
It's better to invest that fund to get better returns.

Therefore, I thought if we people together add ourselves to each other's family group of 4 people then we only need to park at least 2.5 lakhs per person. So, that the Average Quarterly Balance of 10 lakhs across all accounts is fulfilled.
And we can use rest of the fund somewhere else.
10 lakhs is a big amount and it doesn't make sense to me to put that in savings.

Do you guys agree? 🤔

I have seen many people here is waiting for LTF magnus card and 5:4 reward ratio with burgundy account. As per information I got from my BM and burgundy customer care currently new magnus card and 5:4 reward ratio is not updated in their system and website. They are working on this new update, once their system and website is updated as per new revisions and benefits. They will make it official. Until then we just have to wait.

Few people are opening burgundy accounts just to get magnus Lifetime Free and others will open when this is official.
But to be honest parking 10 lakhs in savings account or 30 lakhs FD just to be eligible and fullfill the required criteria for burgundy account is Nonsense. 🤦🏻

Therefore, I thought if we people together add ourselves to each other's family group of 4 people then we only need to park at least 2.5 lakhs per person. So, that the Average Quarterly Balance of 10 lakhs across all accounts is fulfilled.
10 lakhs is a big amount and it doesn't make sense to me to put that in savings.

Do you guys agree? 🤔
Absolutely , it is worth only if you already have a Burgundy by salary or by TRV

Even if they have the Sweep-out/sweep-in option, the SB amount by itself must satisfy 10L AQB. As soon as some part of that is swept out into an FD, the requirement for that part becomes 30 lacs
Correct, sweep in has no benefit, because sweep in to FD has to be 30 lacs.
We will have to keep 10 lacs idle in savings account.
This is the game plan of Axis to mobilize cheap funds and improve their CASA ratio

Axis Edge Rewards is working now but it shows conversion of 5:2 for the existing Burgundy customers. I think till you give consent for the ‘New Card’ (renewal 12.5K) they won’t upgrade your Travel Edge conversion.

Its supposed to be 5:2 for old magnus where is 5:1 coming from.
Looks like they have delinked old magnus to avoid the hassle so that's why showing normal conversion ratio and once we provide consent for upgrade they will link new magnus and it will provide 5:4 conversation...... Just a Guess from my side.

Do you guys agree? 🤔
Obviously, does not at all make sense to maintain such a huge amount of 10 Lacs in a savings account or 30 Lacs in FD just for getting upgraded to a particular account type. Ideally such HNI (high net worth individual) accounts are for those who maintains or keeps such amount parked anwway in account or FDs and have much more invested in equity, gold and properties etc..

Problem here is the terrible experience for HNIs because of the ruckus created by Ax*sht, and shamelessly keeping on giving on new dates (first 1 Sep, then 4 Sep, and now 15 Sep), this proves no matter what you cannot trust such shitty management.

This is the game plan of Axis to mobilize cheap funds and improve their CASA ratio
Better to just pay for the card then. With such deposits, can easily recover more than the interest from FD/investment.

Not sure what is the exact number of Magnus cards, but can a few thousand, at best, Magnus holders who open Burgundy account move the needle on CASA for a bank of the size of Axis? And majority of new accounts are likely to be savings and not current.
Axis expects the people who hold Magnus should have 10L liquid cash at any point of time, and it is therefore a HNI client acquisition strategy, not just for 10L, but to push other products as well - insurance, loans, mutual funds, PMS to name a few. I think it's a fairly smart strategy, but Axis has really failed on execution and left a bad taste in almost every cardholder's mouth.

Last edited:
Not sure what is the exact number of Magnus cards, but can a few thousand, at best, Magnus holders who open Burgundy account move the needle on CASA for a bank of the size of Axis?
More than a size of Ax*sht, its about their credibility, as people have lost the faith and credibility on them so such shameless tactics can definitely be for CASA and getting on more funds by fooling people.

More than a size of Ax*sht, its about their credibility, as people have lost the faith and credibility on them so such shameless tactics can definitely be for CASA and getting on more funds by fooling people.
With all due respect, which tactics are you referring to as shameless - devaluation of rewards transfer (which isn't changed for Burgundy customers and its therefore strategic), exclusion of rent payments, exclusion of utilities and government transactions? - it is all in line with the market and if you track airline and hotel loyalty programs, most (or rather all) have been massively devalued in the last few years. I am as disappointed as you (especially since I received the card only in June) as I haven't milked the card as much as I could, but it's an institution that is thinking about it's best interests once they achieved their targets. As I said earlier, poor execution is an understatement given they way Axis is going about this transition and I have raised it multiple times here and on Twitter, but I don't see any shameless tactics which are different versus competition. The new reward structure may not work for some, but that's just how it is!

Well, the points transfer is back, but it's at 5:1, so I have no idea what is going on
I think its a technical glitch, which is not surprising knowing Axis. On a positive note, at least something moved and hopefully Axis should fix it soon. I complained on Twitter and Axis responded saying it will take 7-14 business days for miles transfer to be back.

Back