• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
And guys who have accounts in Central bank of india..can go and apply in branch.They are issuing the card ..just ask them RUPAY JCB INTERNATIONAL CARD.They will take your request and immediately 354Rs charge will be cut and next working day card will be shown in net banking

Also will be getting instant sms with card last 4 digits immediately after applying
Can you share physical JCB card masked image ? because Central bank of india JCB variant card pic is not available anywhere on internet.

And thanks for this info.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Total of 3 places:

Sugar Bistro at the Heritage, Galle (Not recommended)

Recommended:
Chill Cafe, Ella
Star Beans, Ella

I don't know why does RuPay give such offers, when the cards don't work :(
This is not in RuPay's hand.

JCB Card network is currently expanding in Sri Lanka, Thailand etc.

Another problem is that, Indian banks also do not integrate JCB/Discover International network properly. Some bank cards are working and some bank cards are not working.

@drsel

seekndestroy99

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This is not in RuPay's hand.

JCB Card network is currently expanding in Sri Lanka, Thailand etc.

Another problem is that, Indian banks also do not integrate JCB/Discover International network properly. Some bank cards are working and some bank cards are not working.

@drsel
Yeah the last sentence is a problem. As I said before, even a few POS Machines which had JCB written on them, the card didn't work there/

eldraco

TF Buzz
@Abhishek012 Hi, I have an upcoming trip to Malaysia, hence looking into different debit/credit cards.

As I found from other threads, SBI Rupay JCB Platinum Debit card has zero forex fee and zero ATM withdrawal charges (at Maybank ATMs). Since it is a JCB card, it should also fetch this 25% cashback offer. So in a way, it'll not only be the best card for withdrawing local currency cash, but it will also be a great card for regular POS transactions? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
@Abhishek012 Hi, I have an upcoming trip to Malaysia, hence looking into different debit/credit cards.

As I found from other threads, SBI Rupay JCB Platinum Debit card has zero forex fee and zero ATM withdrawal charges. Since it is a JCB card, it should also fetch this 25% cashback offer. So in a way, it'll not only be the best card for withdrawing local currency cash, but it will also be a great card for regular POS transactions? Or am I missing something?
ATM in Malaysia may charge you something for cash withdrawal

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ATM in Malaysia may charge you something for cash withdrawal

As I found from other threads, SBI Rupay JCB Platinum Debit card has zero forex fee and zero ATM withdrawal charges (at Maybank ATMs). Since it is a JCB card, it should also fetch this 25% cashback offer. So in a way, it'll not only be the best card for withdrawing local currency cash, but it will also be a great card for regular POS transactions? Or am I missing something?

I used Public Bank in Malaysia to withdraw cash from an ATM and incurred zero charges.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Yes, If your card works on the POS machine. :D:D

Many POS machine is not accept JCB Card and there is some issue on Indian bank side too.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Today's news -

Maybank Singapore merchant terminals now accept JCB cards

JCB cards will now be accepted for payment on the merchant terminals of Maybank Singapore.

With this, JCB cards are now accepted in three of Maybank’s key markets: Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Whilst JCB has over 156 million cardmembers worldwide, its growth in ASEAN, Taiwan, and India have seen an extraordinary rise in the last few years.

In ASEAN, JCB’s card base more than tripled (232%) from 2018 to 2023. In Taiwan, 29 banks now issue JCB cards; and in India, approximately 1 million RuPay JCB cards have been issued since its launch just two years ago.

Source:
@eldraco

gowmara

TF Select
RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam:

RuPay-JCB_Global_Card.jpg

The offer will be valid from May 1, 2024 to July 31, 2024

Offer source:

RuPay JCB Debit and Credit Cardholders can now avail 25% cashback on instore purchases* in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, USA and Vietnam

The maximum cashback amount per transaction will be ₹3,000, with an overall cap of ₹15,000 per card during the offer period.

jcb-cashback-camp-desk.jpg

JCB Cashback Campaign​

Applicability:
  • The Offer shall be applicable to RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit).
  • In order to avail the benefits under this offer(s), the RuPay cardholder(s) would be required to get their RuPay JCB Global Card activated for international transaction by contacting its card Issuing bank or via Net banking, Mobile banking, phone banking or branch banking services of respective issuing bank.
Offer/campaign period:

1st May 2024 till 31st July 2024 (both dates inclusive)

OFFER/CAMPAIGN DETAILS:​

• 25% cashback (capped at a maximum of ₹3,000/- per transaction) on RuPay JCB Global Card for successful Point of Sale (POS) transaction in countries Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, USA and Spain at any merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit).
  • There is no minimum amount of transaction to receive cashback
  • RuPay International card can qualify for the cashback during the campaign period i.e. from 1st May 2024 till 31st July 2024 (both dates inclusive). Cashback will be processed on all transactions performed in a day.
  • Maximum value of cashback is 25% of the transaction amount with the cap of ₹3,000.
  • All the transactions performed in a day by the RuPay JCB Global cardholder at any of the POS locations across countries Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, USA and Spain using an RuPay JCB Global card will qualify for 25% cashback capped at maximum of ₹ 3,000/-
  • A unique card is eligible to receive maximum ₹15,000/- cashback within cashback period.
  • The offer is not transferable and non-negotiable .
  • Incomplete / declined / invalid / returned /disputed or unauthorized/fraudulent transactions will not be considered for the offer.
  • The Cashback amount (in INR) will be credited in the RuPay JCB Global Cardholders respective bank account through his/her Card Issuing Bank, within 60 days of the transaction date which is qualified for receiving cashback.
Terms and Conditions:
  • National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) will not be responsible or liable in case the transaction could not be done due to but not limited to malfunction, delay, traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website.
  • NPCI will not be liable for any issues on account of incorrect swipes done at the merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card (Debit/Credit) or for any technical problems with swipe machines at any merchant location accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card.
  • NPCI may, at any time change, amend, add or delete the terms and conditions associated with the campaign and communicate the changes to the member banks from time to time.
  • NPCI also reserves the right to discontinue the campaign without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
  • NPCI holds out no warranty or makes no representation about the quality, delivery or otherwise of the goods and services offered/sold by the merchant who is accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card. Any dispute or claim regarding the goods and services must be resolved by the Cardholder/s with merchant who is accepting the RuPay JCB Global Card directly without any reference to NPCI.
  • NPCI shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss/ damage/ claim that may arise out of use or otherwise of any goods/ services availed of by the RuPay Card Holder/s under the campaign.
  • Decision made by NPCI will be final and binding on all member banks.
  • Any RuPay Cardholder (having a valid active RuPay JCB Global Card) participating in this campaign shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
  • The terms and conditions of the campaign shall be in addition to and not in substitution / derogation to the Primary Terms and Conditions governing the RuPay JCB Global Card.
1. Will visa on arrival visa payment at pos machine will be eligible?
2. Will using card at money exchange ( pos) to get cash will be eligible