• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sad but Reality : 'Bandariya', 'Divorcee': Noida Bank Employee Dies By Suicide Over Workplace Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetesh

TF Ace
Shivani Gupta’s colleagues used to call her “divorcee” and “bandariya (monkey)”, according to the suicide note. She had joined Axis Bank as a relationship officer in Sector 128, Noida, last October.

She left a five-page suicide note in which she allegedly named six of her colleagues, including two managers, accusing them of causing her agony, said the report.

Source : https://www.india.com/uttar-pradesh...by-suicide-over-workplace-harassment-7093607/

Really sad to see this.

Forget about efficiency, targets, hardwork n setbacks in job. Life is much more important than everything else.

Younger generation is not having the needed mental strength to face failures n setbacks.

This is a perfect example of wrong decision making - in selecting a suitable career, in handling inter-personal relationships and in committing the cowardly act in the end.

Shivani Gupta’s colleagues used to call her “divorcee” and “bandariya (monkey)”, according to the suicide note. She had joined Axis Bank as a relationship officer in Sector 128, Noida, last October.

She left a five-page suicide note in which she allegedly named six of her colleagues, including two managers, accusing them of causing her agony, said the report.

Source : https://www.india.com/uttar-pradesh...by-suicide-over-workplace-harassment-7093607/
The suicide note mentions that her colleagues not only used offensive language against her but also physically attacked her.

She had also consulted different psychiatrists but nothing helped.

Shivani entrusted her brother to take care of their family, urging him to take action against her colleagues.

Hope they will be put behind the bar.

Why she got termination letter after then only she consumed poison?

Last edited:
Really sad to see this.

Forget about efficiency, targets, hardwork n setbacks in job. Life is much more important than everything else.

Younger generation is not having the needed mental strength to face failures n setbacks.

This is a perfect example of wrong decision making - in selecting a suitable career, in handling inter-personal relationships and in committing the cowardly act in the end.
She had also consulted psychiatrists at two different hospitals.

It's easy to give a tag of coward one to deceased person without experiencing the circumstances.

It's easy to give a tag of coward one to deceased person without experiencing the circumstances.
Yes it’s really insensitive to call it a cowardly act !!
Also putting the blame on younger generation…not done sir!! @RAMESH BABU N
I won’t say much…but I’ve said earlier also on this forum & I’m saying it again…don’t trivialise such things!!!

+1. Absolutely agree. No one has the right to tag her coward sitting behind a screen passing judgement . No one knows what she went through. This kind of backward mentality is the reason she was bullied in the first place.

+1. Absolutely agree. No one has the right to tag her coward sitting behind a screen passing judgement . No one knows what she went through. This kind of backward mentality is the reason she was bullied in the first place.
Yep bro, one who had gone through all this; bullied, had suicidal thoughts and depression, mental anxiety can only understand in a better way or a person having empathy.

Everyone one loves their life, one becomes frightened to take such step being in normal condition. Taking life is not such an easy task as we think.

It's very common practice, we become judge for others, whereas, advocate for very own cases.

Mental health is still a ignored subject in India.

She was tried all what she could do in the best possible manner, it's not that she took the step on the first day only. She had visited two different hospitals to see psychiatrist.

Eventually after enduring it for 6 months and getting termination email, she took such step.

P.S: I am not able to digest the fact that she has mentioned in the note that she had joined Axis Bank as a relationship officer in last Oct. But the bank is giving statement she was not an employee of Axis Bank rather she was an employee of a private agency; QUESS Corp. Ltd., their employees were working from its branch.

How could news media post such things before investigating the facts?

What can we expect more that's why the index is very poor, no doubt.

I did not say she was a coward.

The act is a cowardly act.
Taking life without taking up the challenges in one's chosen line of job.
What does this mean? 🤔

Seems, my English is very poor, not able to understand a basic sentence.

You accepted that you have said the act is cowardly act, right ? So, this doesn't mean in other words, you meant to say she was a coward who has committed such act?
Really sad to see this.

Empathy is also one of the inter-personal skills, which doesn't seem to exit in us nowadays.

Also, everyone's mental strength is not the same, not even circumstances. We are made differently.

Table No. 21 movie is a clear depiction of this.

Lastly, let it be whatever, I am not here to debate or argue further in this matter.

May her soul rest in peace. 🕊️ ✌️
May her brother make sure to put the culprits behind the bar.

Hope they will be put behind the bar.

very less chances unless there is some criminal intent proved, which is very difficult to prove based on information available in the article.
Seems like termination was the triggering factor in this case.
It is for the courts to decide. Hope Police investigate the matter fairly

Seems, my English is very poor, not able to understand a basic sentence.
it's like, a good person also commits bad acts sometimes. an individual & specific act doesn't define the person.

so, even if she were a brave person in general, Ramesh ji is mentioning this single act is cowardly in nature. it's difficult for most of us to separate out a single act and view it as a different entity.

very less chances unless there is some criminal intent proved, which is very difficult to prove based on information available in the article.
Seems like termination was the triggering factor in this case.
It is for the courts to decide. Hope Police investigate the matter fairly
Yes, offcourse termination was last triggering point, but one can't commit suicide just because of termination only, very less chances.

We are not supposed to make a judgment.

Thorough investigation is no doubt needed and hope she will be served with justice at last by the court and system.

Wish, FIR will be lodged under Sec 306 of IPC and others relevant sections.

Yes, it's hard to prove, if all most all their colleagues were treating/ behaving inhumanely. The one who didn't indulge in such activities, most likely, won't testify.

It's mentioned in the note that she was attacked physically as well, hope CCTV photage will not be tempered.

Reactions: m4b
Really sad to see this.

I agree in general.

But I wouldn’t be so narrow-minded (or, diplomatically: so sure) about ‘the cowardly act’. Try it once, you’ll notice and appreciate just how difficult it is (and what it takes) to take one’s own life. It is everything BUT a cowardly act.

That said, I do understand why people colloquially call the act ‘cowardly’.

Last edited:
it's like, a good person also commits bad acts sometimes. an individual & specific act doesn't define the person.

so, even if she were a brave person in general, Ramesh ji is mentioning this single act is cowardly in nature. it's difficult for most of us to separate out a single act and view it as a different entity.
Who are we to pass a judgment to give a lebel of a perfect example to an act as it's cowardly in nature ?

Were we in the shoes of others?

I can't interpret every thing positively to a highest degree, it's nothing other than toxic positivity.

Suppose, there are x and you. I don't say anything about you. But just pass a statment stating X is bigger than you or X is an example of a good height. This indirectly means you're smaller than X.

More precisely, it's like, I haven't told she is black, I have just mentioned that she is a perfect example of black skin tone; hypocrisy.

Reactions: m4b
English is a strange language.

A suicide is always called a cowardly act.

Not a heroic act.
Not a couragious act.
Not a dastardly act (which a murder is).
Not a sensuous act.
Not a valourous act.
Not an exemplary act.
Not an emulative act.

( I can't help but list a few regularly used words to describe an act ).

I agree in general.

But I wouldn’t be so narrow-minded (or, diplomatically: so sure) about ‘the cowardly act’. Try it once, you’ll notice and appreciate just how difficult it is (and what it takes) to take one’s own life. It is everything BUT a cowardly act.

That said, I do understand why peoplle colloquially call the act ‘cowardly’.
For trying, also lots of courage is required. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

It's easy to say anything being privileged.

English is a strange language.

A suicide is always called a cowardly act.

Not a heroic act.
Not a couragious act.
Not a dastardly act (which a murder is).
Not a sensuous act.
Not a valourous act.
Not an exemplary act.
Not an emulative act.

( I can't help but list a few regularly used words to describe an act ).

Suicide, factually, is the act of taking one’s life/ ending one’s own life.

That is non-judgemental, purely factual.

Calling it as any other act gives it our own flavour - of perception/ judgement.

Not calling you out on this in any way. It’s just how ‘world order’ is. But, I believe mankind can be better in how they refer to things today versus how they’ve ’always been called as’.

Reactions: tam
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back