• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account for take home slightly less than 2L Per Month

kjs

TF Premier
Hello TF Family , I am looking to change my existing ICICI Salary account to either of the below account . My company has tie-ups with the below banks..

AXIS
CITI
HDFC
HSBC
ICICI
IDBI
IDFC
KOTAK
SBI
STANDARD CHARTERD

Want to avoid Foreign banks as branches are limited .

Prob with ICICI

1) Don't like the branch service. Privilege banking is of no use. You have to anyways wait for your query to get resolved.
2) They are not aware of the salary account benefits like adding family members , account salary range wise(not mentioned in website also) , add on debit card .For every such query need to show them actual proof on website.. Some times I feel I know more than them related to accounts at least.
3) No great credit and debit card offering.

The only good part is its Mobile App experience.

I had account with HDFC which was salary account from 2014-2020 , still using as 0 balance account with LTF Easyshop Visa Platinum Debit card and I am never charged.
Should I go again with HDFC ?

Have used Axis priority before and was able to easily open spouse account with 2L initial funding. But had to close as I had to open ICICI for home loan EMI deduction , and the RM of axis was a RM cum Sales person.

Let me know thoughts , suggestions ? Looking for good over all exp

Last edited:
I kind of feel that even in other banks you have to wait for redressal of your queries.

What I've also seen is - my company's POC for ICICI is better than the RM I've got, in terms of product upgrades etc.

And HDFC 's been giving me some bad experience.

If you don't mind exploring maybe kotak could be a good option to try - I've heard that their online team is very responsive.

If you're looking for credit cards, then it's a totally different game.
Best offers are on Axis (magnus)
Hdfc (dcb) comes free with alumni offer, and it's not gonna offer you Infinia before 3L salary credit.

StanC may be good, but not sure if they offer LTF credit cards ever (other tan their most basic one)

I kind of feel that even in other banks you have to wait for redressal of your queries.

What I've also seen is - my company's POC for ICICI is better than the RM I've got, in terms of product upgrades etc.

And HDFC 's been giving me some bad experience.

If you don't mind exploring maybe kotak could be a good option to try - I've heard that their online team is very responsive.

If you're looking for credit cards, then it's a totally different game.
Best offers are on Axis (magnus)
Hdfc (dcb) comes free with alumni offer, and it's not gonna offer you Infinia before 3L salary credit.

StanC may be good, but not sure if they offer LTF credit cards ever (other tan their most basic one)
I kind of feel that even in other banks you have to wait for redressal of your queries. - Not an issue , but had to wait for 30 mins at times , and they have highest attitude,. They forced me to open bank account for EMI deduction and i checked CC they said it is never reqd just alternate bank account and in case you want to pay extra directly deposit a cheque at nearest ICICI branch.

Never faced such issues with hdfc ,I rem with hdfc faced issue once related to address verification and the debit was stopped for 15 days..

Will check Kotak Salary account . which account variant is provided for the sal range ? are you aware

I kind of feel that even in other banks you have to wait for redressal of your queries. - Not an issue , but had to wait for 30 mins at times , and they have highest attitude,. They forced me to open bank account for EMI deduction and i checked CC they said it is never reqd just alternate bank account and in case you want to pay extra directly deposit a cheque at nearest ICICI branch.

Never faced such issues with hdfc ,I rem with hdfc faced issue once related to address verification and the debit was stopped for 15 days..

Will check Kotak Salary account . which account variant is provided for the sal range ? are you aware
Hmm i understand. Everyone has varied experience with the same banks - much to do with whats the team like in that branch.

I'm not aware of the salary account with kotak, haven't had any experience yet, but do plan on getting a savings acc sometime in future.

Someone on this forum managed to negotiate with Axis for opening a Burgundy salary account with a net credit of 2 lakhs pm. Try your luck and see. The normal requirement is 3 lakhs pm
Also, you need to ask them whether the system would flag your account for a downgrade if the monthly deposit is less than 3L. That part wasn't clear in the previous case

Someone on this forum managed to negotiate with Axis for opening a Burgundy salary account with a net credit of 2 lakhs pm. Try your luck and see. The normal requirement is 3 lakhs pm
Also, you need to ask them whether the system would flag your account for a downgrade if the monthly deposit is less than 3L. That part wasn't clear in the previous case
I had axis priority which i closed before 2 3 months..I dont think they will allow again an account to be opened.. Other than that any suggestions?

Hmm i understand. Everyone has varied experience with the same banks - much to do with whats the team like in that branch.

I'm not aware of the salary account with kotak, haven't had any experience yet, but do plan on getting a savings acc sometime in future.
Yes true..it all depends on branch and team working there

I had axis priority which i closed before 2 3 months..I dont think they will allow again an account to be opened.. Other than that any suggestions?
I'm not sure if they'd be knowing about it. Do they ask if you've had a previous rel with the bank? I doubt.

Also, even i was offered burgundy account @ <2L - but didn't move ahead because... Frankly I'm not a fan of axis

I'm not sure if they'd be knowing about it. Do they ask if you've had a previous rel with the bank? I doubt.

Also, even i was offered burgundy account @ <2L - but didn't move ahead because... Frankly I'm not a fan of axis
okay !! I was checking SBI website & found this.. does anyone have any idea on Rhodium account ?

1682682290973.png

Hello TF Family , I am looking to change my existing ICICI Salary account to either of the below account . My company has tie-ups with the below banks..

AXIS
CITI
HDFC
HSBC
ICICI
IDBI
IDFC
KOTAK
SBI
STANDARD CHARTERD

Want to avoid Foreign banks as branches are limited .

Prob with ICICI

1) Don't like the branch service. Privilege banking is of no use. You have to anyways wait for your query to get resolved.
2) They are not aware of the salary account benefits like adding family members , account salary range wise(not mentioned in website also) , add on debit card .For every such query need to show them actual proof on website.. Some times I feel I know more than them related to accounts at least.
3) No great credit and debit card offering.

The only good part is its Mobile App experience.

I had account with HDFC which was salary account from 2014-2020 , still using as 0 balance account with LTF Easyshop Visa Platinum Debit card and I am never charged.
Should I go again with HDFC ?

Have used Axis priority before and was able to easily open spouse account with 2L initial funding. But had to close as I had to open ICICI for home loan EMI deduction , and the RM of axis was a RM cum Sales person.

Let me know thoughts , suggestions ? Looking for good over all exp
Credit card if you want then go for Axis, but service wise ICICI I prefer, but if you don't want that then HDFC.

Back