• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account for take home slightly less than 2L Per Month

kjs

TF Premier
Hello TF Family , I am looking to change my existing ICICI Salary account to either of the below account . My company has tie-ups with the below banks..

AXIS
CITI
HDFC
HSBC
ICICI
IDBI
IDFC
KOTAK
SBI
STANDARD CHARTERD

Want to avoid Foreign banks as branches are limited .

Prob with ICICI

1) Don't like the branch service. Privilege banking is of no use. You have to anyways wait for your query to get resolved.
2) They are not aware of the salary account benefits like adding family members , account salary range wise(not mentioned in website also) , add on debit card .For every such query need to show them actual proof on website.. Some times I feel I know more than them related to accounts at least.
3) No great credit and debit card offering.

The only good part is its Mobile App experience.

I had account with HDFC which was salary account from 2014-2020 , still using as 0 balance account with LTF Easyshop Visa Platinum Debit card and I am never charged.
Should I go again with HDFC ?

Have used Axis priority before and was able to easily open spouse account with 2L initial funding. But had to close as I had to open ICICI for home loan EMI deduction , and the RM of axis was a RM cum Sales person.

Let me know thoughts , suggestions ? Looking for good over all exp

Last edited:
What variant is your HDFC account now ? like did it get downgraded from Preferred ? Are you charged anything(debit card charges , SMS charges)
its still one month completed , i think these all things will come into the picture if salary wont be credited for 3 months

Reactions: kjs
you can use kotak for care waiting period is less, but tries to sale their insursnce products, online customer care is best but not offline.

icici best but need patience.

for cc, hdfc. axis cards benfits are now on first come basis.

i advise you to take kotak, for cc amex, hdfc, bob eterna, indus, stanC
Do you have sal account with Kotak ? I am using KOtak 811 & my experience using Kotak 811 app & Customer care is 5/5 . I use this account as my emergency fund account.

Back