• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account for take home slightly less than 2L Per Month

kjs

TF Premier
Hello TF Family , I am looking to change my existing ICICI Salary account to either of the below account . My company has tie-ups with the below banks..

AXIS
CITI
HDFC
HSBC
ICICI
IDBI
IDFC
KOTAK
SBI
STANDARD CHARTERD

Want to avoid Foreign banks as branches are limited .

Prob with ICICI

1) Don't like the branch service. Privilege banking is of no use. You have to anyways wait for your query to get resolved.
2) They are not aware of the salary account benefits like adding family members , account salary range wise(not mentioned in website also) , add on debit card .For every such query need to show them actual proof on website.. Some times I feel I know more than them related to accounts at least.
3) No great credit and debit card offering.

The only good part is its Mobile App experience.

I had account with HDFC which was salary account from 2014-2020 , still using as 0 balance account with LTF Easyshop Visa Platinum Debit card and I am never charged.
Should I go again with HDFC ?

Have used Axis priority before and was able to easily open spouse account with 2L initial funding. But had to close as I had to open ICICI for home loan EMI deduction , and the RM of axis was a RM cum Sales person.

Let me know thoughts , suggestions ? Looking for good over all exp

Last edited:
I'm now in a dilemma whether to switch from Axis to IDFC First. Does anyone have prior experience with IDFC First Salary account?
They are equally worse if not more. They will take months to resolve any issues. It will help if you get a good RM else no point. I transferred my salary back to HDFC from IDFC

Finally choose my oldest account in the lot HDFC , there are almost 5 branches within 3 - 4 kms .. visited 2 branches near me .had mixed experience.. one of the branch told let 3 month sal get credited you will automatically get Preferred / classic . in case it dosent just give me a call ad I will get it checked. also for family account they told it would be 5k minimum bal and not 0 balance as per t&c of preferred & the family member will get all the benefits of preferred
Did you continue old salary account with HDFC or opened new account ?

Did you continue old salary account with HDFC or opened new account ?
No i choose my old hdfc account only. But not satisfied with service.
- Connecting to CC takes time
- Thye are not aware of many things for which they will either ask you to visit branch or you have to show them on website where and on which page it is mentioned.
- Branch support is OK

Also their new net banking UI is so confusing and not easy to find or explore options..Not sure how the design even got approved.

Frankly speaking i have stopped chasing them for petty things due to time constraints and using services just the way they are.

Last edited:
No i choose my old hdfc account only. But not satisfied with service.
- Connecting to CC takes time
- Thye are not aware of many things for which they will either ask you to visit branch or you have to show them on website where and on which page it is mentioned.
- Branch support is OK

Also their new net banking UI is so confusing and not easy to find or explore options..Not sure how the design even got approved.

Frankly speaking i have stopped chasing them for petty things due to time constraints and using services just the way they are.
Yeah , even I moved my salary account from HDFC to AXIS in hope of getting LTF Magnus for Burgundy account, I have net salary more than 2L and axis offered Burgundy for the same. Will apply for Magnus in some days

Reactions: kjs
Yeah , even I moved my salary account from HDFC to AXIS in hope of getting LTF Magnus for Burgundy account, I have net salary more than 2L and axis offered Burgundy for the same. Will apply for Magnus in some days
When you say more than 2L , is it close to 3L. As for Burgundy one need to have 3L salary credit atleast. The BM denied me telling that even if he takes approval and opens account it will be downgraded from the top

When you say more than 2L , is it close to 3L. As for Burgundy one need to have 3L salary credit atleast. The BM denied me telling that even if he takes approval and opens account it will be downgraded from the top
My company has tie up with AXIS Bank , Axis Bank executive only told me that generally 3l required for Burgundy account but for this company we are offering Burgundy only on 2L salary credit itself.

Normal magnus card you can get it even if salary is below 2 lakh.. magnus for burgundy card is different..

My company has tie up with AXIS Bank , Axis Bank executive only told me that generally 3l required for Burgundy account but for this company we are offering Burgundy only on 2L salary credit itself.
That is really good. Even my organisation has tie up with 8 banks including Axis but I have not checked if I am eligible

That is really good. Even my organisation has tie up with 8 banks including Axis but I have not checked if I am eligible
Try to connect hr and get axis bank point of contact and then call him to get all the details, even you can search in your company portal to get axis point of contact

Try to connect hr and get axis bank point of contact and then call him to get all the details, even you can search in your company portal to get axis point of contact
Actually the company portal does not have any banks point of Contact. It only has list of banks which the salary will get deposited. We need to select 1 option. I will get the contacts from the Payroll Team. But if things go well I will probably have to open new account. I already have hdfc , ICICI, Kotak 811

Actually the company portal does not have any banks point of Contact. It only has list of banks which the salary will get deposited. We need to select 1 option. I will get the contacts from the Payroll Team. But if things go well I will probably have to open new account. I already have hdfc , ICICI, Kotak 811
Not an issue ,I believe if axis if offering burgundy on 2L salary credit you can opt it and open salary account with Axis.

Back