• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account Recommendation

Hello,

I have gotten the option to open a salary account with one of the following banks-
DBS, Axis, IDFC, SC, HDFC, SBI, ICICI, HSBC, Kotak, Deutsche

I am mostly leaning towards HDFC or Axis because of their CC offerings

Axis is giving me an Ultima Priority Salary Account, with a myzone CC
HDFC is giving me a salary account with the Platinum DC and said they can promise me a Regalia after the first month, DCB is unlikely.

SC is offering me the digismart CC

I do eventually hope to own a Magnus. CTC is 12 LPA. monthly credit post deductions is roughly 85-90k.

Which one should I go for, or should I explore any of the options apart from Axis/HDFC?

Last edited:
Regalia on visa and Regalia on mastercard network has the same lounges(devalued), right?
Yes but it also Depends on the network. It is actually Visa and Master controlling the domestic segment. Rest all Priority Pass is controlling. MasterCard has also their own programme (Priceless Specials) Thats the difference. And you will see offers on MasterCard like the latest SBI Master offers on Flipkart, PhonePe also had MasterCard Tokenization offer etc. So MC has an edge over Visa.

Reactions: CMG
Yes you are correct. But if you need a good Axis Card, you must maintain a relationship with them. And ICICI, it's good with rest all things. If you are looking for CC benefits then ICICI is not for you.

That's why I said Axis, because with this salary, you cannot get Magnus which the original poster said. And SBI, excl. Aurum, you don't need an account to get a good credit card. So HDFC or Axis for him.
If he didn't want Magnus, I'd recommend him with ICICI. Great service bank it is
Having axis priority account since last 3 yrs .. hardly any offers or ltf cards ..once i got is axis bank neo card..never magnus or even select card offer..have axis flipkart with 1.25L limit .. already amazon pay icici limt now 4.2L started with 80k..

My spouse has her salary account with SCB. Its a breeze comparing with my BoB experience. SCB mobile app is one among the industry best.

Credit card, She got pre-approved SCB ultimate , where card got generated instantaneously.

Debit card VISA infinite variant.

Only Con : very limited Branches

Having axis priority account since last 3 yrs .. hardly any offers or ltf cards ..once i got is axis bank neo card..never magnus or even select card offer..have axis flipkart with 1.25L limit .. already amazon pay icici limt now 4.2L started with 80k..
Updating to above..

Now got 7 cards as preapproved . Applied for ACE , still cant see Magnus . But limit is still very less just 1.25L

Ace is not ltf for even rbi governor...... And in axis.... No pre approved card is ltf.... Even though they might be running ltf for same card.... Funny axis....
I happen to know exactly one person to get this card LTF. He had this card just at launch, and later converted it to LTF. I cannot find that post anymore

Ace is not ltf for even rbi governor...... And in axis.... No pre approved card is ltf.... Even though they might be running ltf for same card.... Funny axis....
True ..axis Indian oil is ltf but pre-approved its not ltf..i asked them when they were giving flipkart card ltf . They told these cards are viven only to new card users hence free for them

I'll explain.

DBS, HSBC, SC and Deutsche: Not at all. These are banks with no or very minimal branches and support is just awful. Their banking services are also very bad. Only HSBC CC is free but as an account no. SC credit cards are also okay but taking an account with them is no.
CC Side- You will not get a pre-approved CC with these banks you'll have to apply manually. Anyways these cards will be available for everyone (easy approval)

Axis: You may but their service is just pathetic. Their apps are okay but if you take the account for credit card it's not worth it. Option #2 for you
CC Side- You may get a CC but it is not worth it as taking them as your salary account.

IDFC
: Good bank but only their credit cards are good. It's better you take another bank considering its your salary account.
CC Side- You will get any IDFC card without taking an account

HDFC
: Very good. Option #1 for you. Their service is great but as you may know technical failures are frequent. You will get pre-approved offers and is totally a nice bank
CC Side- You will get Regalia or DCB with a salary account.

SBI
: One thing about SBI is you can trust them more than your family. I am joking but it's also a fact. Being an PSB you can trust your funds in SBI and their services are great. SBI has the most ATMs and branches. Only problem is 'lunch time ke baad aana' Other than that, no failures. It's option #5 for you
CC Side- You may get pre-approved offers with SBI. Other than Aurum, all cards can be applied without an account.

ICICI: Very good. Option #3 for you.
ICICI gives you pre-approved CCs for you, has priority service to salaried employees. Has a very good service and also good net-banking interface. Their ATMs and branches are also good. Overall it's a nice bank
CC Side- You will get a pre-approved CC and a nice bank.

Kotak
: Uhhh, you can get good bank. Kotak is good and all but their offerings are bad. Their quality is okay but I prefer you take other bank.
CC Side- You may get a pre-approved CC but not at all worth it

IndusInd: Option #4
IndusInd is a very prestigious bank and has great customer service. All of their cards have great reward value (including Debit Cards). Their service and interface is also very very good and staff is also cooperates well. Only disadvantage is their ATM and branch network is very weak. But, till HDFC, Axis and ICICI is in the market, IndusInd cannot conquer it.
CC Side- They give you pre-approved cards or cards which customer care approves instantly, but I recommend HDFC, Axis or ICICI

BoB: Another 'sarkaari' bank. Very worse service. Pathetic Customer Care and buggy interface. Never, ever take this bank. ATMs are a nightmare, debits money but doesn't dispense.
CC Side- You will easily get any CC except Eterna and that co-branded CA cards. Never take this bank account

Option 1 - HDFC
You will get Regalia, DCB or any other card and service is also great.

Option 2 - Axis
You will get MyZone, it's LTF now but okay. If you want Magnus take this, you can send them a nice mail, they MAY approve it. BTW their services are pathetic.

Option 3 - ICICI
You will get Coral, Rubyx CC and a great service and UI with the bank. If you don't need Magnus (or get a good card), then ICICI would be the 2nd option for you.

Option 4 - IndusInd
Better service and better rewards with their cards. Obviously recommend this beast bank. Only disadvantage is their ATM and branch network is very weak Go with Option 1, 2 and 3.

This post is helpful for anyone wanting to select a salary account. Thanks in advance :)
PS: Me coughing with a Bank of Maharashtra salary account lol
superb bro.....

Back