• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account Suggestions!

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,

Can anyone please suggest the best banks to consider to open a salary account?
Salary is around > 1L
Any perks associated with same!

Asking for a friend!

TIA

No ltf..500₹ joining and 500₹ annual charges
if you have Amazon ICICI CC & FK Axis CC (LTF both), I think you don't need Ace Card. If your consumption like Bill Payment (via Gpay) is high then Ace is useful but don't forget Rs 500 charges annually. Hence, both FK Axis & Gpay Ace card are almost equal in the value proposition.

Reactions: AsB
Yes Axis RM's have a target & they are trained to pressurize customers to take some or the other policies through them. First I thought RM are always helpful now the real truth has come out that they are not bothered about you taking any non sense policies through them its just about fulfilling targets.. I took a PL preapproved & he was not ready to waive off processing fee (3500 approx).. He always wants to indirectly says that Axis is best bank in India compared to all others , even Axis Website is better than ICICI ..I asked him that I want to close PL by taking loan against MF , did not recieve reply yet from him coz he will not get any perks , benefits as this is something which will be done directly over website.

With ICICI they are prompt over Email , dont want to sell stuffs via marketing calls or RM's . The only advantage Axis has is the Credit card offering & the priority debit card.

I wish to move my salary account to ICICI but the only reason that is holding me up is the Priority debit card that it offers (Comes with Airport Lounge & BMS 25%) & my I have taken family banking so me & my wife both can use when reqd.
thats why I personally love to bank with ICICI always. They are peaceful indeed. One other bank is Federal Bank.

thats why I personally love to bank with ICICI always. They are peaceful indeed. One other bank is Federal Bank.
Have never tried Federal Bank ..I will change Salary from Axis Priority to ICICI Titanium some account & close Axis Priority account. My HDFC old salary account still remains 0 balance account even after no salary credit since last 3 yrs , even they dont charge me anything with EasyShop Titanium debit card.
Other I have BOB for UPI transactions but there is a lot of server/nw issues these days with BOB , its a joint account opened in other city , now I have to do a course/process to tranfer it to current city & then close it. But its Rupay Virtual is good So planning to continue it.. Will check if I get virtual rupay platinum card of other bank where n/w issues are less.
I recently opened Union Bank account recently for emergency fund .

Have never tried Federal Bank ..I will change Salary from Axis Priority to ICICI Titanium some account & close Axis Priority account. My HDFC old salary account still remains 0 balance account even after no salary credit since last 3 yrs , even they dont charge me anything with EasyShop Titanium debit card.
Other I have BOB for UPI transactions but there is a lot of server/nw issues these days with BOB , its a joint account opened in other city , now I have to do a course/process to tranfer it to current city & then close it. But its Rupay Virtual is good So planning to continue it.. Will check if I get virtual rupay platinum card of other bank where n/w issues are less.
I recently opened Union Bank account recently for emergency fund .
I even can't set UPI Pin for my BOB Account. Already raised complain but they are giving lame excuses

I even can't set UPI Pin for my BOB Account. Already raised complain but they are giving lame excuses
Close the account & open with some other bank that would be quick rather than chasing Customer care for resolution. I am chasing BOB branch by emailing them issue related to PPF account not getting created. Finally I gave up & opened another account & will open ppf in that .. Will close BOB once rupay offer on amazon gets over

I along with my spouse have had used the following Salary Accounts.

1. Kotak
2. ICICI
3. HDFC
4. Axis
5. DBS

Kotak was my longest relationship with and it never failed. The App UI looked like it was made by a kid but would work fine . I had no complaints about my account ever. Post stopping the salary it continued and till date they have never added any unnecessary charges or anything even when maintaining low balances . Also no unnecessary charges nothing . The CCs from Kotak were never really any good but now atleast in Home Loans they had become pretty competent and offering the best in class rates till few months ago. I can blindly recommended Kotak

ICICI seems to have the best app and most technologically advanced bank. Though personally I do not like the bank there is nothing wrong with them . Never heard my spouse complain about pressure from the RM for investments and stuff but no special service provided as well. It can work as well . If you want a Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF then if u already hold a Amazon Pay Credit Card check for Preapproved Offers. With that if your organization is approved I guess you do not need any Savings Bank account at all just for the LTF CC.

HDFC was held by my spouse and I had used it as leverage to get better cards . It tries to force you for investments and are aggressive so if u do not want your RM to nudge you can give it a skip unless you are looking for Card Upgrades and stuff . Also RMs will always ask for a certain investment even if u maintain good SB bank balances with them which I really did not like . What is the used of having a premium account , good salary credit but stilll RM acting like a vulture to make you invest just for card upgrades .

Axis I opened when it was difficult to get LTF cards from them without salary account. They gave Myzone LTF back then but now its so easy to get LTF cards. This bank is a strict avoid. In the middle in the Salary Account they were charging some IMPS charges . Well Salary Account with charges for IMPS was an eve opener. I do not like Axis at all in all cases it must be a strict avoid just because even with salary account they want to act smart and levy charges unnecessarily. I was looking for the premium account with LTF card but there were doubts even then if they can issue LTF Priviledge account . Nowadays Axis is much more open to LTF so it doesnt matter

DBS is my current salary account . It is no nonsense Salary Account . Good thing is they send vouchers quaterly Refer TNC on "https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/dbs-forms/cep-contact-me.page" for salary credit with some minor transactions and average quaterly balance maintaiance. The main intention was they were planning to enter the CC business and I wanted not to miss out on an MNC cards. Apart from HSBC all other MNC banks had atleast one good CC offering plus it was giving vouchers for Salary credits which was like icing on the cake. Never faced an issue with DBS and one best thing is for newly added accounts as well you can do IMPS upto 2lacs without a cooling off period . I still prefer traditional IMPS / NEFT especially for larger transactions and when I want to keep a track of things.

Overall most of the banks are good only avoid on my list would be AXIS as I do not trust them . For bigger Banks my preference would be Kotak > ICICI > HDFC . For new age digital banking needs only , DBS is good as the app is good with no 24 hrs restrictions and also quarterly vouchers.

1. Kotak
2. ICICI
3. HDFC
4. Axis
5. DBS

Kotak was my longest relationship with and it never failed. The App UI looked like it was made by a kid but would work fine . I had no complaints about my account ever. Post stopping the salary it continued and till date they have never added any unnecessary charges or anything even when maintaining low balances . Also no unnecessary charges nothing . The CCs from Kotak were never really any good but now atleast in Home Loans they had become pretty competent and offering the best in class rates till few months ago. I can blindly recommended Kotak

ICICI seems to have the best app and most technologically advanced bank. Though personally I do not like the bank there is nothing wrong with them . Never heard my spouse complain about pressure from the RM for investments and stuff but no special service provided as well. It can work as well . If you want a Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF then if u already hold a Amazon Pay Credit Card check for Preapproved Offers. With that if your organization is approved I guess you do not need any Savings Bank account at all just for the LTF CC.

HDFC was held by my spouse and I had used it as leverage to get better cards . It tries to force you for investments and are aggressive so if u do not want your RM to nudge you can give it a skip unless you are looking for Card Upgrades and stuff . Also RMs will always ask for a certain investment even if u maintain good SB bank balances with them which I really did not like . What is the used of having a premium account , good salary credit but stilll RM acting like a vulture to make you invest just for card upgrades .

Axis I opened when it was difficult to get LTF cards from them without salary account. They gave Myzone LTF back then but now its so easy to get LTF cards. This bank is a strict avoid. In the middle in the Salary Account they were charging some IMPS charges . Well Salary Account with charges for IMPS was an eve opener. I do not like Axis at all in all cases it must be a strict avoid just because even with salary account they want to act smart and levy charges unnecessarily. I was looking for the premium account with LTF card but there were doubts even then if they can issue LTF Priviledge account . Nowadays Axis is much more open to LTF so it doesnt matter

DBS is my current salary account . It is no nonsense Salary Account . Good thing is they send vouchers quaterly Refer TNC on "https://www.dbs.com/digibank/in/dbs-forms/cep-contact-me.page" for salary credit with some minor transactions and average quaterly balance maintaiance. The main intention was they were planning to enter the CC business and I wanted not to miss out on an MNC cards. Apart from HSBC all other MNC banks had atleast one good CC offering plus it was giving vouchers for Salary credits which was like icing on the cake. Never faced an issue with DBS and one best thing is for newly added accounts as well you can do IMPS upto 2lacs without a cooling off period . I still prefer traditional IMPS / NEFT especially for larger transactions and when I want to keep a track of things.

Overall most of the banks are good only avoid on my list would be AXIS as I do not trust them . For bigger Banks my preference would be Kotak > ICICI > HDFC . For new age digital banking needs only , DBS is good as the app is good with no 24 hrs restrictions and also quarterly vouchers.
Is it fine if we remove all our salary from DBS account and move it to some other account?

Never tried, Will not take unless company force me to open account.

Better go with Indian banks which has better branch, ATM network.

Kitna bhi online ho, we need to go to branch for some task.
I think it will be good for salary users, if they are eligible. Get salary credited, and transfer it to indian banks

1. Kotak
2. ICICI
3. HDFC
4. Axis
5. DBS

I have used Axis , ICICI & Hdfc all 3.. Current its ICICI.

AXIS : RM is pathetic, tried to sell ulip,term insurance, medical policy,create FD & always said that Axis is better banks compared to peers ..I was using Axis Priority, no doubt the features were good , also it easily opened 0 bal partner account on 2L initial deposit.App is also good ..The CC is easily approachable even the RM , But was tired of their target based selling..Did not even provide any processing fee discount for personal loan..Nor helped me for home loan inspite of having account for more than 3 yrs.. Finally closed it . Axis branch service is good

Hdfc : Last salary deposited in year 2020..never charged for low balance or debit card.It still works as 0 Balance.The RM is also good and still it shows as assigned inspite of non salary deposited.Branch service is above average RM never sold any insurance or ulip policies..App is very much OK , dosent have features to order cheque book to communication address and many important and useful features.. .Twice i was in situation where cheque was needed ..but axis had that option and got the same in 3 days at communication address..

ICICI : Best in terms of service over calls, but the bank people or even the customer care don't know about companion account 0 balance even its mentioned in their website..Branch Bankers with highest Attitude , you need to wait 15-30mins to address your concern if you even do a branch visit.. Privilege banking or privilege desk is of no use ..Branch service is not so good..Only plus with ICICI is technology Nd their mobile app.. Credit or debit cards either are not any worth except Amazon Pay ICICI which i already have LTF .had to open this coz of home loan.. approached cc they told it is absolutely not reqd to have a saving account when u take loan..but branch people forced for this..

Never used Kotak, but happened to visit different branches for my wife & brothers account ..always prompt service

Might switch to HDFC again in coming future..But will surely open Kotak 811 general use and experience its service as well .

Last edited:
I have used Axis , ICICI & Hdfc all 3.. Current its ICICI.

AXIS : RM is pathetic, tried to sell ulip,term insurance, medical policy,create FD & always said that Axis is better banks compared to peers ..I was using Axis Priority, no doubt the features were good , also it easily opened 0 bal partner account on 2L initial deposit.App is also good ..The CC is easily approachable even the RM , But was tired of their target based selling..Did not even provide any processing fee discount for personal loan..Nor helped me for home loan inspite of having account for more than 3 yrs.. Finally closed it . Axis branch service is good

Hdfc : Last salary deposited in year 2020..never charged for low balance or debit card.It still works as 0 Balance.The RM is also good and still it shows as assigned inspite of non salary deposited.Branch service is above average RM never sold any insurance or ulip policies..

ICICI : Best in terms of service over calls, but the bank people or even the customer care don't know about companion account 0 balance even its mentioned in their website..Branch Bankers with highest Attitude , you need to wait 15-30mins to address your concern if you even do a branch visit.. Privilege banking or privilege desk is of no use ..Branch service is not so good..Only plus with ICICI is technology Nd their mobile app.. Credit or debit cards either are not any worth except Amazon Pay ICICI which i already have LTF .had to open this coz of home loan.. approached cc they told it is absolutely not reqd to have a saving account when u take loan..but branch people forced for this..

Never used Kotak, but happened to visit different branches for my wife & brothers account ..always prompt service

Might switch to HDFC again in coming future..But will surely open Kotak 811 general use and experience its service as well .
If my uncle moves salary account from ICICI to some other account(it was recently upgraded to wealth management account too), will it continue to have all privileges? He is planning to open HSBC salary account and then move salary from HSBC to ICICI manually

Currently, I am using ICICI Bank too & yes! it was my blunder to use PayLater stuff. I used to pay my CC bills & defer the outstanding amounts using this service. Recently, a few charge addition burnt my hand. I closed this service from iMobile application without any obligations too. It was hassle-free. Other services are always free from ICICI which fulfils my primary banking need. They made me a Priority Customer, hence I am getting numerous priority advantages from offline services also(like priority withdrawal etc). Overall, I am happy with ICICI. I don't have to fight with Customer Care (what I have to do for Axis Bank) for silly things. My current RM is also a helpful lady. So what can we get extra!!!

+++

My observation is saying Axis+Citi India will get scrapped soon else this entire bank will be doomed sooner or later. Axis Bank's current management is quite behaving like an aimless ship (else who produces Liberty SB product!). A few CCs are great indeed but those can be availed without having any relationship with them.
What happens to LTF cc that you might have gotten with the salary account?

I hold a hdfc salary account. Nothing special about the account. RMs are useless no follow ups from them. But given i hold hni card from axis, now axis has started sending emails to join burgundy program.

Back