• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account Suggestions!

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,

Can anyone please suggest the best banks to consider to open a salary account?
Salary is around > 1L
Any perks associated with same!

Asking for a friend!

TIA

I went through all the replies against Axis Salary account. Now, I am not sure what are the extra benefits you can get from Axis after having an salary account. Specially where a bank is charging abruptly. Mostly, Axis Bank gives you unlimited branch & atm transaction through your account with preferential rates on loan. Now my research says, ICICI too have same benefits. Those who are getting higher salaries they can avail Rubyx/Saphire card along with free OD/PayLater facilities. Even, ICICI Loan account is better & hassle free in every manner. Axis charges for silly things like processing fee to numerous others (even from Salary account) but ICICI doesn't have such hefty charges. Moreover, if you downgrade your account, Axis does deduct NEFT/IMPS & Card charges but ICICI doesn't have such cheap tactics. They don't charge you & RM is quite helpful. ICICI RM doesn't disturb you to take some LI/MF products to fullfill their target. I personally find ICICI Account peaceful. Yes everyone has it's own choice but there are few horrible stories available for charge recovery from Axis. All are can't be wrong. Axis Bank is famous for giving 'consolidated charges' shock than others. Even, customer care is not polite & flexible enough.

Reactions: kjs
What!!! 😁😁 ICICI CCs are not good!!!! 😁😁 Do you know Axis Bank can earn Oscar award for deducting extra ordinary charges? (Even from salary account). I am not sure, how people are suggesting Axis!!! Anyone can avail AXIS CC without having any SB relationship. Axis Bank even charges its salary account people for debit card (for some people). Atleast stay away from Axis for salary credit purpose.
Yes, I was going to point this out. Among all private banks, Axis is the worst.

Yes, I was going to point this out. Among all private banks, Axis is the worst.
Yes... I was a salary account customer of Axis. I literally frustrated with their consolidated charges even after having NEFT+IMPS+Debit Card freebies. Currently, using one SB too, they are even charging SMS charges after giving stopping of VAS SMSes. I asked Axis people for the reason & they are saying it's kind of mandatory for all. There is no way to stop VAS. They have ridiculous after-office CDM usage(no cap, no free limit) charges too (I don't know what the benefit of having CDM) & it's Rs 50 per txn (quite huge). ICICI doesn't have such charges at least for Salary account users. Yes! they have one ridiculous charge recently on PayLater service (I am already charged rs 118 for using this non-sense product), still, customer care to branch to the overall system are flexible enough.

Reactions: AsB
Yes... I was a salary account customer of Axis. I literally frustrated with their consolidated charges even after having NEFT+IMPS+Debit Card freebies. Currently, using one SB too, they are even charging SMS charges after giving stopping of VAS SMSes. I asked Axis people for the reason & they are saying it's kind of mandatory for all. There is no way to stop VAS. They have ridiculous after-office CDM usage(no cap, no free limit) charges too (I don't know what the benefit of having CDM) & it's Rs 50 per txn (quite huge). ICICI doesn't have such charges at least for Salary account users. Yes! they have one ridiculous charge recently on PayLater service (I am already charged rs 118 for using this non-sense product), still, customer care to branch to the overall system are flexible enough.
I have been using ICICI salary account for almost 2 years, and there was never any charges. None. Could be in the future, but none so far. I don't use Pay Later stuff, so those charges do not mean anything to me.
Axis Bank is a whole different bank altogether. I wonder how they are going to include such an advanced bank like Citi bank, while ensuring equal or improved customer services !!

I have been using ICICI salary account for almost 2 years, and there was never any charges. None. Could be in the future, but none so far. I don't use Pay Later stuff, so those charges do not mean anything to me.
Axis Bank is a whole different bank altogether. I wonder how they are going to include such an advanced bank like Citi bank, while ensuring equal or improved customer services !!
Currently, I am using ICICI Bank too & yes! it was my blunder to use PayLater stuff. I used to pay my CC bills & defer the outstanding amounts using this service. Recently, a few charge addition burnt my hand. I closed this service from iMobile application without any obligations too. It was hassle-free. Other services are always free from ICICI which fulfils my primary banking need. They made me a Priority Customer, hence I am getting numerous priority advantages from offline services also(like priority withdrawal etc). Overall, I am happy with ICICI. I don't have to fight with Customer Care (what I have to do for Axis Bank) for silly things. My current RM is also a helpful lady. So what can we get extra!!!

+++

My observation is saying Axis+Citi India will get scrapped soon else this entire bank will be doomed sooner or later. Axis Bank's current management is quite behaving like an aimless ship (else who produces Liberty SB product!). A few CCs are great indeed but those can be availed without having any relationship with them.

Last edited:
I went through all the replies against Axis Salary account. Now, I am not sure what are the extra benefits you can get from Axis after having an salary account. Specially where a bank is charging abruptly. Mostly, Axis Bank gives you unlimited branch & atm transaction through your account with preferential rates on loan. Now my research says, ICICI too have same benefits. Those who are getting higher salaries they can avail Rubyx/Saphire card along with free OD/PayLater facilities. Even, ICICI Loan account is better & hassle free in every manner. Axis charges for silly things like processing fee to numerous others (even from Salary account) but ICICI doesn't have such hefty charges. Moreover, if you downgrade your account, Axis does deduct NEFT/IMPS & Card charges but ICICI doesn't have such cheap tactics. They don't charge you & RM is quite helpful. ICICI RM doesn't disturb you to take some LI/MF products to fullfill their target. I personally find ICICI Account peaceful. Yes everyone has it's own choice but there are few horrible stories available for charge recovery from Axis. All are can't be wrong. Axis Bank is famous for giving 'consolidated charges' shock than others. Even, customer care is not polite & flexible enough.
Like I said experiences differ. So far we are having good experience with Axis Bank in Chennai. I didn't find any unknown charges which they charged us which are not mentioned in website whose link I have given in my previous comment. Axis also provide family benefits. We enjoy my brother's salary account benefits too. Their support is also very responsive. They have always been straight forward and to the point. My mom once forgot to make CC payment. They had charged late fee. When asked they reversed it immediately without any issues as mom is regular in clearing dues.

Reactions: kjs
Like I said experiences differ. So far we are having good experience with Axis Bank in Chennai. I didn't find any unknown charges which they charged us which are not mentioned in website whose link I have given in my previous comment. Axis also provide family benefits. We enjoy my brother's salary account benefits too. Their support is also very responsive. They have always been straight forward and to the point. My mom once forgot to make CC payment. They had charged late fee. When asked they reversed it immediately without any issues as mom is regular in clearing dues.
you are a lucky person indeed... Yes! they don't charge you beyond their published charges but those charge deduction points are mostly ridiculous. No other private banks are levying such huge charges (like CDM usage post banking hours or VAS SMSes).

If you are enjoying Axis Bank services then carry on. I am neither telling/suggesting anyone close a relationship with them nor do I want to tell the same. I am just sharing my experiences here by that if anyone is using Axis services, they can be alerted of this true incident.

Chill... 'Dil Se Open' always :)

you are a lucky person indeed... Yes! they don't charge you beyond their published charges but those charge deduction points are mostly ridiculous. No other private banks are levying such huge charges (like CDM usage post banking hours or VAS SMSes).

If you are enjoying Axis Bank services then carry on. I am neither telling/suggesting anyone close a relationship with them nor do I want to tell the same. I am just sharing my experiences here by that if anyone is using Axis services, they can be alerted of this true incident.

Chill... 'Dil Se Open' always :)
Yeah, please share your experiences too. I don't have any problem with that. We also learn only from the experiences shared by people in this forum. I don't have anything with Axis to support them. I don't have to support any bank for that matter. I am just sharing my honest experiences as always. This is just exchange of experiences and nothing more than that.

Have your brother received LTF Privilege card with Priority Salary account?

Have your brother received LTF Privilege card with Priority Salary account?
He is only having debit card. He got Priority debit card. They once offered him a credit card which he refused as he didn't use credit cards. He has no idea which they offered. Have asked him to tell me if they offer again.

Last edited:
yeah!!! I remembered the hassle during Axis CC net banking registration & activation. Axis People are staying in some other dimension where we are not present. :ROFLMAO:
They are staying in a place, where the management dream of lots of money, but no real management from their end.

They are staying in a place, where the management dream of lots of money, but no real management from their end.
else who produces a product like Liberty! Bank uses SB account for getting low-cost deposit but they are pushing customers to spend more by which they can get zero MAB or quarterly GV. Few people are rushing to avail of those after doing lots of tricks like wallet load or Kotak 811 load(even Axis people know all). Ultimately who is benefitting? :ROFLMAO:

Those people are wasting time & patience to get some offer & if something goes wrong like you forget to do 25000 pm transaction or can't maintain 25K, they will suck the entire cashback as MAB charges!!!

HDFC Savings Max account comparatively better & peaceful account. Axis Bank is selling no 'Liberty' in the name of Liberty SB :ROFLMAO:

Even Axis Bank doesn't have any FD waiver on regular variant like others have (HDFC 1Lakh FD)

I want to know who is the product advisor. Axis Board Members & promoters (LIC/GIC) should get Oscars for deploying a bunch of idiots in their bank.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi Team,

Can anyone please suggest the best banks to consider to open a salary account?
Salary is around > 1L
Any perks associated with same!

Asking for a friend!

TIA
Yes I also have Same question having more than 1L salary having sbi platinum was thinking to change and have seen two options axis and icic which one would you recommend also will icici give rm and which variant to go for icici salary account already having HDFC classic savings account pls reply @TechnoFino

Thank you but they didn't mention about the preferred account can be associated through the salary.
You need to talk to a branch about that. I would say that , go to a branch which has more customers. Like the branch is mostly full with customers or there are many customers at a time in that branch. These branches, as per my experience, seem to have more knowledge about new account details than other branches.

Back