• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account Suggestions!

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,

Can anyone please suggest the best banks to consider to open a salary account?
Salary is around > 1L
Any perks associated with same!

Asking for a friend!

TIA

You need to talk to a branch about that. I would say that , go to a branch which has more customers. Like the branch is mostly full with customers or there are many customers at a time in that branch. These branches, as per my experience, seem to have more knowledge about new account details than other branches.
Got it.
Thanks.

Reactions: AsB
Yes I also have Same question having more than 1L salary having sbi platinum was thinking to change and have seen two options axis and icic which one would you recommend also will icici give rm and which variant to go for icici salary account already having HDFC classic savings account pls reply @TechnoFino
you can get the one salary account in this case.

will i get rm and what type of credit card and debit card will i get LTF also are u talking about the one titanium account? I am government employee so will I get the one titanium account or not and what is the age criteria for it
Account variant depends on your salary, they don't offer any complimentary credit card with salary account, but you can push them to offer your LTF premium credit cards like rubyx/sapphiro etc.

Umm, great! Any idea abot StanC?
You will get a Smart Pay Savings account with 1L salary. For a premium banking account you will need a salary of 1.6L and for priority it increases to 3L. StanC rewards you for CC bill payment via their Bill Payments portal. And also for using the netbanking payment gateway (not UPI) to make mutual fund investments from Kuvera / INDMoney.

You will get a Smart Pay Savings account with 1L salary. For a premium banking account you will need a salary of 1.6L and for priority it increases to 3L. StanC rewards you for CC bill payment via their Bill Payments portal. And also for using the netbanking payment gateway (not UPI) to make mutual fund investments from Kuvera / INDMoney.
Great, can you please explain more abput the rewards part? How much % in bill portal and netbanking payment portal?
Thanks a lot btw!

Like I said experiences differ. So far we are having good experience with Axis Bank in Chennai. I didn't find any unknown charges which they charged us which are not mentioned in website whose link I have given in my previous comment. Axis also provide family benefits. We enjoy my brother's salary account benefits too. Their support is also very responsive. They have always been straight forward and to the point. My mom once forgot to make CC payment. They had charged late fee. When asked they reversed it immediately without any issues as mom is regular in clearing dues.
yes even my experience with Axis is good.

I went through all the replies against Axis Salary account. Now, I am not sure what are the extra benefits you can get from Axis after having an salary account. Specially where a bank is charging abruptly. Mostly, Axis Bank gives you unlimited branch & atm transaction through your account with preferential rates on loan. Now my research says, ICICI too have same benefits. Those who are getting higher salaries they can avail Rubyx/Saphire card along with free OD/PayLater facilities. Even, ICICI Loan account is better & hassle free in every manner. Axis charges for silly things like processing fee to numerous others (even from Salary account) but ICICI doesn't have such hefty charges. Moreover, if you downgrade your account, Axis does deduct NEFT/IMPS & Card charges but ICICI doesn't have such cheap tactics. They don't charge you & RM is quite helpful. ICICI RM doesn't disturb you to take some LI/MF products to fullfill their target. I personally find ICICI Account peaceful. Yes everyone has it's own choice but there are few horrible stories available for charge recovery from Axis. All are can't be wrong. Axis Bank is famous for giving 'consolidated charges' shock than others. Even, customer care is not polite & flexible enough.
Yes Axis RM's have a target & they are trained to pressurize customers to take some or the other policies through them. First I thought RM are always helpful now the real truth has come out that they are not bothered about you taking any non sense policies through them its just about fulfilling targets.. I took a PL preapproved & he was not ready to waive off processing fee (3500 approx).. He always wants to indirectly says that Axis is best bank in India compared to all others , even Axis Website is better than ICICI ..I asked him that I want to close PL by taking loan against MF , did not recieve reply yet from him coz he will not get any perks , benefits as this is something which will be done directly over website.

With ICICI they are prompt over Email , dont want to sell stuffs via marketing calls or RM's . The only advantage Axis has is the Credit card offering & the priority debit card.

I wish to move my salary account to ICICI but the only reason that is holding me up is the Priority debit card that it offers (Comes with Airport Lounge & BMS 25%) & my I have taken family banking so me & my wife both can use when reqd.

Back