• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL and SBI BPCL Octane issues

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I have 2 questions regarding SBI BPCL & SBI BPCL Octane Credit cards.

1. In few threads related to SBI BPCL Cards, some users are mentioning that Rupay version of the card doesn't provide surcharge reversal. All the SBI BPCL Rupay users, please share your feedback on it. I hope this isn't the case.
2. Is there anyone holding SBI BPCL OCTANE Rupay card? if yes, please share how you got it.

Octane Rupay card. My card is 25 days old. Never purchased petrol above ₹300. 1% surcharge only every time. Received surcharge waiver every time. When bought petrol from bpcl listed pump (pdf published by bpcl for reward point redemption) no gst on surcharge charged other wise 18% gst on 1% surcharge charged.

Petrol purchase of 205. They didn't even charge gst on surcharge.
View attachment 69815View attachment 69816

This is from non listed pump. Petrol of 270.
View attachment 69817
Oh ok
So bpcl basic card and octane card have some differences i guess

Hello guys, someone help me to understand this please.
Recently I got BPCL octane Rupay varient.
I purchased fuel at BPCL petrol of 227.50 but after 3 days in the sbi app it is showing 237.50 as fuel spent and 2.27 as fuel surcharge waiver.

Some please help me to understand the calculation.

I had a call with customer care they said minimum 10rs or 1% whichever is higher is imposed on my transaction.

If every time they will charge 10rs then there is no way of using it.

I purchased fuel at BPCL petrol of 227.50 but after 3 days in the sbi app it is showing 237.50 as fuel spent and 2.27 as fuel surcharge waiver.

I had a call with customer care they said minimum 10rs or 1% whichever is higher is imposed on my transaction.

It depends on acquiring bank, try another petrol bunk and may be they charge only 1%. At one pump I am charged minimum 10 and at another 1% without GST, both are listed on SBI website. So it depends on acquiring bank. The one where 1% is charged is an Paytm machine!

Haha use proper cashback cards like Indus Delite(DC)
No restriction of specific pumps
Rp can be converted to cashback 1:1
5% upto 750 in a month

Last edited:

Then you have to purchase ₹1000 petrol every time! That's impossible. Again call them 4 to 5 time till you don't get refund. Ye sbi ka ch****ppa hai which varies peron to peron. If not solved then raise a card closure request. Then tell retention team everything. If they also say the same thing then ask them to make it LTF of give them threat to Close the card. Matter will be solved.

Back