• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL and SBI BPCL Octane issues

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I have 2 questions regarding SBI BPCL & SBI BPCL Octane Credit cards.

1. In few threads related to SBI BPCL Cards, some users are mentioning that Rupay version of the card doesn't provide surcharge reversal. All the SBI BPCL Rupay users, please share your feedback on it. I hope this isn't the case.
2. Is there anyone holding SBI BPCL OCTANE Rupay card? if yes, please share how you got it.

I have spent(BPCL fuel transactions) ranging from 300 - 450 in Aug 2024 totaling around 3500 INR.
But the last 2 transactions(over 3500 total) of 350 & 450 didn't receive SURCHARGE WAIVER.
Any suggestions?

1. In few threads related to SBI BPCL Cards, some users are mentioning that Rupay version of the card doesn't provide surcharge reversal. All the SBI BPCL Rupay users, please share your feedback on it. I hope this isn't the case.
2. Is there anyone holding SBI BPCL OCTANE Rupay card? if yes, please share how you got it.
They ain't giving sbi octane rupay

Sbi BPCL rupay easily available

I got through rbi complaint. One agent said you are approved for rupay octane upgrade from bpcl. But instead they changed the network of bpcl. I complained to rbi with recording. Got rupay octane and also FYF as compensation. Though I had demanded LTF

I have recently received bpcl octane rupay cc. During purchasing bharat gas through hello bpcl it's charging 1% transaction fee + 18% gst on this fee extra through octane credit card transaction. But there is no extra transaction fee for upi payment. Can I pay it through octane credit card UPI for 25X reward point?

Sbi bpcl octane rupay cc. Payment of 270. Screenshot_20240905-115948_SBI Card.webp

I got through rbi complaint. One agent said you are approved for rupay octane upgrade from bpcl. But instead they changed the network of bpcl. I complained to rbi with recording. Got rupay octane and also FYF as compensation. Though I had demanded LTF
I have bpcl normal rupay they took request then failed twice

Find a cc agent who accepts on call that you are eligible for octane upgrade. He'll connect you to ivr to press 1 for consent. Make the recording

No, I got the BPCL octane Rupay variant, last week itself. Technically they give Vissa variant first, but you can just call customer care and ask for "flipping the card variant to Rupay". They check in their system and they will do it and your card will be delivered to you within 2-3 days. Also, surcharge is waived even in Rupay variant.

No, SBI FORCEFULLY GAVE ME OCTANE CARD

July end: applied for cashback cc through sprint(having no sbi cc). On same day, got call back from sbi. They asked for 'any last month credit card statement with credit limit more than 25k'. I provided HDFC statement with CL 43k. After 30 min, another person called and said as per my credit history (cibil 785, 0 hit for 6 months, holding hdfc card, and icici apay CL 50k) i am eligible for any premium cc and refused to give cashback card and covinced me for octane rupay card and I e-signed. After 2 days kolkata verification done and received 11 days message. After next 2 days received call from Gurgaon. I rejected octane card as heard bad reviews about non credit of RPs. And asked him for cashback card and he refused.

After this, I ignored every call from sbi. They called every single day for 1 week and once in a week afterwards. By this time I decided to apply again for cashback card or bpcl normal card(2nd choice) for bbd sale after 1 month.

26 aug, 11:19 am: received call from sbi. I asked for cashback card. She told they can't apply for cb cc. They can apply for nomal card and told me to ask for cb card during kolkata or Gurgaon verification. Then, she closed the previous 1 month old application (sms and mail received from TATACD and SBICARD). She started new application in phone call and i dictated everything and and she sent me a link via mail to see is everything ok, if wrong i can correct it. She did not let me know which card she applied.

26 aug, 11:30 am: did video kyc

26 aug, 11:41 am: call from sbi. She told me that previous person applied reliance card for me. Offered me any premium card for my credit history (now cibil 765, 3 hits). She denied cashback and any basic card including bpcl normal card. With 125000 credit limit. No income proof needed. So, I asked for octane rupay as it returns joining fee. Also taught me how to tell lie in verification as my home and office address are same.

26 aug, 12:29 pm: verification done from kolkata. They refused for cashback card.

26 aug, 4:22 pm: verification done from Gurgaon. They also refused for cashback card.

26 aug, 5:01 pm: office verification person came to office and asked for business tenure. No sign, no document asked, even i was not present there, my father was.

27 aug, 10:00 am: card approved without any 11 day message. 125000 credit limit.

28 aug, 5:26 pm: dispatched with bluedart

29 aug, 1:42 pm: card delivered.

As of now RPs are credited perfectly, no issues. But spam callers bombarding my phone from 29 August onwards.

Back