• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card changed daily transaction limit to Billing Cycle limit

Strange

TF Legend
SBI Card has changed daily transaction limits to billing cycle limit. For example If you have credit limit of 50,000 and you spent 50,000 from your card and did repayment to restore your credit limit but you won't be able to do transaction from your card as you have exhausted your billing cycle limit.

I am facing this issue in CashBack SBI Card.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-06 at 4.33.46 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you getting option to
Set your usage limit for the billing cycle or daily?
Can you check your both cards and confirm this?

@Harry1 @Abhishek012
option is same for both card(billing cycle limit)
but i haven't used that option in one card which is working over limit also this card is almost 4-5 years so that time transaction limits settings was not present so maybe due to that factor it is working.

other card is latest and that one have Billing cycle problem

option is same for both card(billing cycle limit)
but i haven't used that option in one card which is working over limit also this card is almost 4-5 years so that time transaction limits settings was not present so maybe due to that factor it is working.

other card is latest and that one have Billing cycle problem

Are you getting billing cycle limit decline message on a specific merchant, have you tried to do transaction on different merchant using that card?

Are you getting billing cycle limit decline message on a specific merchant, have you tried to do transaction on different merchant using that card?
there is no problem with specific merchant the problem is with specific accounts only

cashback card as it doesn't work on instant discount offers.
So you get 5% only? and also I am using simply click myself and my tap to pay limit is also set per billing cycle right now, kinda pissed about it ngl as I have to type pin even for small value transactions as the limit get exhausted pretty easily.

So you get 5% only? and also I am using simply click myself and my tap to pay limit is also set per billing cycle right now, kinda pissed about it ngl as I have to type pin even for small value transactions as the limit get exhausted pretty easily.
Yep, Paytm SBI and Cashback Card are not eligible for instant discounts. Tap to pay limit is set by RBI to avoid fraud, you can't change it.

1670353665809.png

Yep, Paytm SBI and Cashback Card are not eligible for instant discounts. Tap to pay limit is set by RBI to avoid fraud, you can't change it.

View attachment 7621
My daily tap and limit was set at 2k but I cant even transact for 500 after sometime into the new billing cycle and then I checked the sms and it was set to 2k for a billing cycle. Sad with instant discount scene tbh I don't want to keep two sbi cards as they are not offer ltf. But if I am not wrong at max instant discount is set to 10% most of the time.

My daily tap and limit was set at 2k but I cant even transact for 500 after sometime into the new billing cycle and then I checked the sms and it was set to 2k for a billing cycle. Sad with instant discount scene tbh I don't want to keep two sbi cards as they are not offer ltf. But if I am not wrong at max instant discount is set to 10% most of the time.
your transactions are getting declined with billing cycle limit error?
Yes you will get max 10% discount during sales, I suggest you keep it for a year as this is a first year free card.

View attachment 7621
But trick is working na for SBI Cashback card ?

For Amazon, Ajio, xiaomi website etc saved your card as a token and then SBI discount offer working using SBI Cashback Card.

Infact last time one guy told, xiaomi website same SBI Cashback card multiple times working.

@SC_23

But trick is working na for SBI Cashback card ?

For Amazon, Ajio, xiaomi website etc saved your card as a token and then SBI discount offer working using SBI Cashback Card.

Infact last time one guy told, xiaomi website same SBI Cashback card multiple times working.

@SC_23
yeah card is working for instant discount on other than amazon working even on flipkart

no card saving required just pay directly instant discount getting applied till now.

Last edited:
Back