• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card limit transfer

iM23

TF Premier
I have 2 SBI cards - i) Cashback and ii) SimplyClick. Cashback is almost 1.5 years old and SimplyClick is 2 years old. Now, SBI card has increased the limit of the SimplyClick card 2 times in 2 years (after every 6-10 months). But that's not the case for the Cashback card. It has got no limit increase in 1.5 years. So -
  1. Can I request SBI card to transfer a portion of SimplyClick card limit to the Cashback card? Do they have a good record of it? And if they do it, within how much time the limit is transferred?
  2. Now it is again 10 months from the last limit increase for SimplyClick card. So if I transfer a portion of its limit, may I lose the chance of next limit increase for it?

Have you asked them if there's any chance of this increased limit getting decreased as told by a few members in the post?
Na, I didn't asked. But I think is upto how you utilise and use the card. Sbi is not generous with limit increasing.
Recently one of the users reported decrease in CL when asked for Increase in it, that too after spending heaps of money !! ;) so be careful what you ask for !!

Last edited:
I did transfer the limit earlier as well and i have not experienced the decrease in limit by now.
You will be needing monthly, quarterly or annual update on the same ?

I did before got 50K limit decreased in 3-4 months nothing much than that
Limit transferred from SBI BPCL TO CASHBACK SBI CC.🙂View attachment 66206
Recently one of the users reported decrease in CL when asked for Increase in it, that too after spending heaps of money !! ;) so be careful what you ask for !!
I contacted SBI card customer care and said that a lot of customers have faced the issue of decreased limit after transfer, they said there's no relation between transferring limit and decreased limit. They decrease it based on few factors even if no limit transfer is done. Then I also emailed to nodal officer regarding this and got a same reply. Also, it is mentioned that as per their records merging limit and transferring limit are available for me. I didn't know SBI card offer limit merging. So, if I request to do the same, will I get the higher limit available to one of my cards to both of the cards and that would be sharable?

I contacted SBI card customer care and said that a lot of customers have faced the issue of decreased limit after transfer, they said there's no relation between transferring limit and decreased limit. They decrease it based on few factors even if no limit transfer is done. Then I also emailed to nodal officer regarding this and got a same reply. Also, it is mentioned that as per their records merging limit and transferring limit are available for me. I didn't know SBI card offer limit merging. So, if I request to do the same, will I get the higher limit available to one of my cards to both of the cards and that would be sharable?
What is difference between merging limit and transferring limit?

What is difference between merging limit and transferring limit?
Afaik merging means both cards will have same shared limit, i.e. if the merged limit of 2 cards is 50k and you spend 10k using one of the cards, then the rest 40k will be available for both the cards.

Transferring a portion of limit means, if you have two cards with limit 30k and 1L, you can transfer a portion of 1L (say 40k) to the 1st card, then you will have 70k and 60k on the respective cards.

Afaik merging means both cards will have same shared limit, i.e. if the merged limit of 2 cards is 50k and you spend 10k using one of the cards, then the rest 40k will be available for both the cards.

Transferring a portion of limit means, if you have two cards with limit 30k and 1L, you can transfer a portion of 1L (say 40k) to the 1st card, then you will have 70k and 60k on the respective cards.
There is no shared limit concept in SBI. All cards have their individual credit limits.

Reactions: SSV
So, if I request to do the same, will I get the higher limit available to one of my cards to both of the cards and that would be sharable

It is not a sharable limit. It will be an individual limit for each card

Last edited:
You will be needing monthly, quarterly or annual update on the same ?

I did before got 50K limit decreased in 3-4 months nothing much than that
Na, I didn't asked. But I think is upto how you utilise and use the card. Sbi is not generous with limit increasing.
Today I received a phone call from SBI Nodal officer team and just like the customer care executives I was told that there's no relation between limit transfer and decrease in limit. And he also said there's no such policy that a specific card can't have more than a certain amount of limit. He said limit decreases based on usage pattern, credit utilization, CIBIL score etc.

So, now I am thinking to proceed with transfer. But still, I am little bit afraid.

Back