• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card limit transfer

iM23

TF Premier
I have 2 SBI cards - i) Cashback and ii) SimplyClick. Cashback is almost 1.5 years old and SimplyClick is 2 years old. Now, SBI card has increased the limit of the SimplyClick card 2 times in 2 years (after every 6-10 months). But that's not the case for the Cashback card. It has got no limit increase in 1.5 years. So -
  1. Can I request SBI card to transfer a portion of SimplyClick card limit to the Cashback card? Do they have a good record of it? And if they do it, within how much time the limit is transferred?
  2. Now it is again 10 months from the last limit increase for SimplyClick card. So if I transfer a portion of its limit, may I lose the chance of next limit increase for it?

Today I received a phone call from SBI Nodal officer team and just like the customer care executives I was told that there's no relation between limit transfer and decrease in limit. And he also said there's no such policy that a specific card can't have more than a certain amount of limit. He said limit decreases based on usage pattern, credit utilization, CIBIL score etc.
Yeah, but the fact still remains that they'll reduce your limit to whatever they think is appropriate for you.

So there's not much point transferring the limit unless you really need it (i.e. simplyclick to cashback etc)

Back