• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Protection Plan (CPP) forcefully applied?

Patil007

TF Legend
Hi, I had applied for SBI Simplyclick via Agent, and It is approved and got virtual card. But now continuously getting calls from SBI-CPP department, saying calling from Card Protection and You might have opted for CPP.

Agent never told me this and I never opted it. It is forcefully applied on my behalf, will they charge me in credit card statement or there will be other process and I need not worry as they cannot deduct money without my consent?

Good. They called me three times today. Each time different person. When I say No, they immediately dropped the call.

He told me you have opted for CPP, I said, no, I never opted nor agent told me anything during credit card request.
simply say you are not interested. the agents check the cpp box by default in most cases

These CPP guys are the scum of this earth. They forcefully coax you into saying "yes" or something like that so that they can enable CPP protection on your account. They automatically create your ID/pass and send you emails. When you say No, they become aggressive and make you feel like you will face major issues if you do not opt for their services. Avoid always !

These CPP guys are the scum of this earth. They forcefully coax you into saying "yes" or something like that so that they can enable CPP protection on your account. They automatically create your ID/pass and send you emails. When you say No, they become aggressive and make you feel like you will face major issues if you do not opt for their services. Avoid always !
haha... you're making it sound too bad man! I feel the add-on service request people are worse :D even a month after getting my add-ons im getting their calls :P

Yes, they are just waiting to say Yes so recorded call will be proofs.

When I says No, I never opted, they cut the call 🤣

Call Three times today 😏

Hi, I had applied for SBI Simplyclick via Agent, and It is approved and got virtual card. But now continuously getting calls from SBI-CPP department, saying calling from Card Protection and You might have opted for CPP.

Agent never told me this and I never opted it. It is forcefully applied on my behalf, will they charge me in credit card statement or there will be other process and I need not worry as they cannot deduct money without my consent?
Yeah I remember this for sbi cashback , the lady kept on repeating kind of same Deal and I keep saying hmm no I don't want she said why not it covered all your debit and what not. And I was like what is going on and finally I said I don't want it and she hanged up on me ..I felt just a idiot on not hanging up on her

Yeah that right

When they say you opted for CPP, it's just that you have actually given consent to get more info about CPP while applying for SBI CC

Right. There is a checkbox in the application form which when ticked means SBI can call you for providing you information on CPP plans.
In my case I received only one call and I discussed with him about 15 min. He tried all sorts of ways to convince me how useful is CPP plan and I managed to answer how CPP is not useful to me. One of the main reason I told him what harm I will get with 10k limit on my card. Finally he hang up the phone and I did not get any further call :ROFLMAO:

these guys are fraud,They put words in your mouth & then you know what happens next

I took a different approach. I asked them to activate the 2799 plan against my card. They told that I will get offer of Zee5 One Year and Gaana+ and Credit Report Analysis for 1 year. I specifically asked them what will be the procedure if I cancel my card. They told that no questions asked policy they will only deduct the amount for the total duration my plan was active. So my plan was activated and I redeemed everything (Gaana+, Zee5, Some FSecure Antivirus Crap) and after 10 days asked them to cancel my plan. They deducted like 80 Rupees and refunded the remaining amount back on my card.
I tried this method in April 2021. Not sure if this works anymore or not

I took a different approach. I asked them to activate the 2799 plan against my card. They told that I will get offer of Zee5 One Year and Gaana+ and Credit Report Analysis for 1 year. I specifically asked them what will be the procedure if I cancel my card. They told that no questions asked policy they will only deduct the amount for the total duration my plan was active. So my plan was activated and I redeemed everything (Gaana+, Zee5, Some FSecure Antivirus Crap) and after 10 days asked them to cancel my plan. They deducted like 80 Rupees and refunded the remaining amount back on my card.
They called me just now. it's 5th called. I told her I am not interested and don't call me again.

She is like, Sir apko nahi lagta ye plan apko beneficiary he, I said no, nahi lagta and cut the call :ROFLMAO:

They credit full refund back to card now, if cancelled within 30 days

Back