• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi card refund issue

Rishabh10

TF Neo
I made a payment through cred for my sbi cashback card but received msg that payment will not be processed and refund will be given because amount is greater than outstanding amount. If anyone has faced this issue please help regarding this refund process.
I am attaching the screenshot for referwnce IMG_9517.webp

With the recent implementation of BBPS in the Credit Card bill payment space, there's a new term introduced called the Maximum Permissible Amount. This is the limit beyond which any payments made to your card account will be reversed (at least that's how SBI has it).

To make sure your payment goes through, check the exact outstanding amount on your card in the SBI Card app, and then make the payment for that amount. In case you wish to make a payment higher than your current outstanding amount, you need to keep the Maximum Permissible Amount for your card in mind.

Coming to your refund, it should be transferred to your source account within 3-5 working days.

Back