• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi card refund issue

@Golu

TF Buzz
I have a concern. I ordered something from Amazon on September 26, 2024, during the Great Indian Festival sale. Today is September 28. I cancelled the order immediately, and the refund amount of ₹2409.3 is showing in the SBI Card app under recent transactions. However, my available credit limit has not increased. Upon calling customer care, they informed me that while the refund is processed, it takes 3 to 5 business days for the amount to be reflected in the available credit limit. Is this true? If so, why does the refund appear under recent transactions on the same day, but take 3 to 5 days to actually be credited to the available credit limit?

I have a concern. I ordered something from Amazon on September 26, 2024, during the Great Indian Festival sale. Today is September 28. I cancelled the order immediately, and the refund amount of ₹2409.3 is showing in the SBI Card app under recent transactions. However, my available credit limit has not increased. Upon calling customer care, they informed me that while the refund is processed, it takes 3 to 5 business days for the amount to be reflected in the available credit limit. Is this true? If so, why does the refund appear under recent transactions on the same day, but take 3 to 5 days to actually be credited to the available credit limit?
This is not UPI brother, where you cancel the transaction and your money gets credited instantly.

Unfortunately, you have to wait 3-5 days for the refund to be successfully processed, also keep an eye on your reward points.

This is not UPI brother, where you cancel the transaction and your money gets credited instantly.

Unfortunately, you have to wait 3-5 days for the refund to be successfully processed, also keep an eye on your reward points.
Yeah, I use simply click credit card the refund amount is reflecting under the tab recent transactions but not credited yet.

In my case, I made a transaction on 27th and cancelled it on 28th. Till today ( 29th) the debit transaction is under under settlement ( Memo Debit) however the refund transaction is still not reflecting anywhere.

Yeah, I use simply click credit card the refund amount is reflecting under the tab recent transactions but not credited yet.
If limit not refreshed for settlement then it will increase after your next statment generation.

Already have same experience.

@golu

Amazon has to instruct their Bankers to pay.

That Bank has to pay to SBI through approved channels.

SBI has to pay to SBICards.

SBICards has to credit your account.

Each stage has its own checks n balances n approved procedures.

That's the reason why, think TWICE before placing orders AND TEN TIMES before cancelling them. And, never be in a hurry.

@golu

That's the reason why, think TWICE before placing orders AND TEN TIMES before cancelling them. And, never be in a hurry.
from an ex-banker...

@golu

Actually I had to make a bill of 5000 to avail the discount I didn't intend to buy it so I cancelled it after availing the discount. The refund amount is showing under recent transactions tab but why not limit is increasing

If limit not refreshed for settlement then it will increase after your next statment generation.

Already have same experience.
Could you tell me how does it work, because I got two more refunds today in my statement but the limit is still not refreshed please reply

Could you tell me how does it work, because I got two more refunds today in my statement but the limit is still not refreshed please reply
May not face this always for a refund but if refund settled and limit wouldn't back then it will get fix on next statement.

Did you received your refund ?? Please let me know facing the same problem

Back