• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card swap/change period

Patil007

TF Ace
Hi, I got SBI simply click card on dec 2022, As it is paid card and I want SBI card only for offers, so thinking of taking SBI BPCL card by swapping my simply click card.
I always wanted SBI BPCL card as it is eligible for SBI instant discount offer and fee reversal spend is only 50K,
but in office there was SBI desk was offering simply click on CIBIL without documents so I applied and got.

After how many days, I can swap that card with BPCL. Can I call customer care and swap?

Please suggest.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
The renewal date for your card remains the same even after flipping it. Therefore, you will be charged the annual fee on your renewal date. SBI Card does not charge the joining fee for a flipped card. I am sharing this information based on my personal experience of flipping from SimplyClick to BPCL.
I see. Okay thank you.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
The renewal date for your card remains the same even after flipping it. Therefore, you will be charged the annual fee on your renewal date. SBI Card does not charge the joining fee for the flipped card. I am sharing this information based on my personal experience of flipping from SimplyClick to BPCL.
Any idea about the fee waiver criteria situation after swapping? Do I have to do transactions after the renewal date to count as fee waiver or I can do transactions now and it will count as fee waiver?

Strange

TF Legend
Any idea about the fee waiver criteria situation after swapping? Do I have to do transactions after the renewal date to count as fee waiver or I can do transactions now and it will count as fee waiver?
If you have activated your new card then new cards annual fee waiver criteria will be applicable even before renewal date of your old card.

Strange

TF Legend
So I have only one month to spend 50k to waive off BPCL's charges right? And from September the new cycle begins right?
You can easily waive off the annual fee by contacting SBI card customer care or submitting a card closure request through the SBI card app. They will call you back and you can request them to waive off the annual fee.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
You can easily waive off the annual fee by contacting SBI card customer care or submitting a card closure request through the SBI card app. They will call you back and you can request them to waive off the annual fee.
Yeah but the card account isn't 1 year old so I don't know if they'll entertain LTF request and I'm kinda scared to use the closure request path right now because they may directly close the card without even calling.

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
First i was thinking to upgrade simplyclick to vistara prime but they rejected.
Yesterday i applied for vistara prime and got the card in 5 min..

Now thinking to upgrade simplyclick to bpcl octane as simplyclick is useless, i didn’t even use that card for months

But dont know why sbi is denying upgrade
if you order from amazon then the simple calculation is that 20k shopping gives 500rs amazon voucher i already cashed out 60k worth gift card in the last 2 years that too from one cc and i have 3 in my name.

SBICards refused to flip my SBI-PAYTM-VISA to SBI-PAYTM-RUPAY Card as cross-platform flipping is not allowed by them.

Cancelled my least-used SBI-PAYTM-VISA - with 3.85L limit - and took a PNB-PLATINUM-RUPAY Card instead - with only a 75K limit. However, it is more than enough for low value, high volume UPI use.

Doing a lot of UPI transactions online n offline using PNB-PLATINUM-RUPAY Card.