• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cards Worth it ?

Bohra

TF Select
I was exploring Cashkaro and they are rewarding for signing up for SBI cards , simplyclick is giving Amazon voucher of 500 on joining and then as I see from next year onwards we can get few waived off , similar they have bpcl and cashback card

But is this worth it ? Are the cards good and worth it, trying to manage with other bank cards but since cashkaro is rewarding thinking of trying

It completely depends on your needs. If the card's USP matches your needs, then the card is worth it for you.

With Cashkaro cashback, possibility of ltf conversion and rewards, and your spendings, cc portfolio, you should judge whether the card is worth it or not for you.

In general, one of the reason people go for SBI cards since Amazon/Flipkart sales always have offers on SBI Cards.

I was exploring Cashkaro and they are rewarding for signing up for SBI cards , simplyclick is giving Amazon voucher of 500 on joining and then as I see from next year onwards we can get few waived off , similar they have bpcl and cashback card

But is this worth it ? Are the cards good and worth it, trying to manage with other bank cards but since cashkaro is rewarding thinking of trying
If you already have an SBI card, then you don’t need another one. But, if you don’t have one, then it’s worth considering since SBI often comes into sales, be it on Flipkart or Amazon.

Coming to SimplyCLICK, it's a great entry level card, especially for sales. The only downside is that if you use the card during a sale where it's explicitly mentioned that SBI Credit Cards offer a discount, SBI will deduct your extra rewards.

For example: Let's say there's a product where you get ₹2,000 off.

You purchase it using your SBI Credit Card and earn 300 reward points. According to SBI's policy, they will take back those 300 reward points after some time, (this sometime can even be 6-7 months). So, only redeem reward points when you are sure that you didn't used your card in sales.

Also you will get voucher on milestone benefits

I'm probably never using it for anything other than getting 1000-1500 off on cleartrip or maybe on amazon. Doesn't really matter that I'll be paying 600 per year for renewal since I'm still making profit.

Maybe after the end of a year I might put 1 Lakh spend on it and push for LTF.

If you don't have a good online rewarding card, then go for SBI Cashback. SBI's reward cards are effectively useless, the reward rate isn't attractive enough for you to use it regularly, and whereever there is an upfront discount offer, they'll first credit and then debit the reward points. So you are very unlikely to make anything out of the reward points.
The issue with Cashback card is that it is often exempted from discount offers. But for general online transactions, if you don't have a superpremium card like the HDFC Infinia, or decent cashback options like AmazonPay ICICI, HDFC Millennia, HDFC Swiggy, or Flipkart Axis, then Cashback is a good option.
If you don't have any such card and don't have any SBI card, then only go for Click, and use it only for upfront discounts.

Back