• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cash back card : Laughable limits provided

Sak911

TF Buzz
Hi,
I applied for cash back card through sprint a week ago.

The reason I went thorough sprint was that offline process was not working for cash back card.

When I received call from SBI customer care , they told me Iwaa pre approved for the card and my limit will be between 1.8 to 2.3 lakhs.

Now that the verification is complete, I was able to access details through WhatsApp service

And I see that the limit provided is just 20k which is ridiculous!

I don’t know whom to complain.
Can I cancel the card without activating ?

Or any other method to increase limit ?

I applied for a cashback card one week back but after reading all the comments in this thread, I feel that rejection is a strong probability. Their system is F'd up and couldn't even do KYC properly. They had to send people twice for kyc verification, once with biometrics and then they informed that data in aadhaar and digilocker are mismatched. Now there is no update after that. Sayo Nara.

My only dilemma with Ace card is the limit they provided, which is 45k. I also hold 2 more Axis cards and those have a limit of lakhs.
Edit - This is despite having a salary account with them, not sure if it makes any difference.
Ask for an aggregated limit, this way all of your cards will share single limit.

Assuming that sbi cashback card is first SBI card you hold then no way to increase immediately. Have to wait 6 month. I am also stuck at 20k. Reached pno but declined.
If this is not your first SBI card then it would have been possible.
I get this feeling brother stuck with 10k limit here 😂

Let me know if you figure out any way for limit enhancement

If we get 20

if we get 20k limit , then ideally we should use only 50% ?
That is we should spend only 10k to maintain our cibil?

Sorry for asking as I am new here
I don't have SBI Cashback card, but SimplyClick with a 20k limit. I always make use of 80% of the limit and pay at least 60% of it (spends) 3 days before due date so I make sure to stay within the safe threshold of 30%.

SBI reports your spends on the statement generation date. So I just make sure I take care of it well within that date.

Those who only hold sbi cashback card from SBI, like me, dont have this option
i have simply save with 5 lakh and a few days back, i got sbi cash back. i called cust care and ask them to transfer the limit from simply save to cash back.

and they did that with in few seconds. u just need to confirm the amount to be transferred.

2nd, if you have closed any sbi card recently then you can ask them to transfer limit of that closed card to any live sbi card.

Applied on 2nd sept and got the approval today, 10k limit. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time. The subject of this thread nails it to the T. It is indeed laughable.

Applied on 2nd sept and got the approval today, 10k limit. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time. The subject of this thread nails it to the T. It is indeed laughable.
Do you have any other SBI card? 10k limit is useless cannot even buy a good office chair using it.

Can someone guide how to get it touch with a human representative for SBI Card?

I have an SBI ola card from back when it offered 15% cashback on ola rides. haven't used it much in the last 2 years. got charged renewal of 500 Rs + GST last month. called customer care to let me migrate to the cashback card and adjust the 500 charged for Ola card against this and they just seem so reluctant. agreed for transferring it later to account if i close my card, which i don't want to do for maintaining credit history. any suggestions?

I have an SBI ola card from back when it offered 15% cashback on ola rides. haven't used it much in the last 2 years. got charged renewal of 500 Rs + GST last month. called customer care to let me migrate to the cashback card and adjust the 500 charged for Ola card against this and they just seem so reluctant. agreed for transferring it later to account if i close my card, which i don't want to do for maintaining credit history. any suggestions?
That is never going to happen... And currently they are only taking new applications for cashback card...

In future if they give cashback card on flip...which is very uncertain as they are already getting people for new applications. They will never adjust ur ola card fees for it....

That is never going to happen... And currently they are only taking new applications for cashback card...

In future if they give cashback card on flip...which is very uncertain as they are already getting people for new applications. They will never adjust ur ola card fees for it....
noted thanks! then will go ahead with the closure option I guess.

I called customer care regarding this. Told them about 10k limit new card and only card situation. Was told to write to email with Salary slip attached and there is a chance for limit expansion. I am not sure whom to believe now customer care or six month wait policy

I called customer care regarding this. Told them about 10k limit new card and only card situation. Was told to write to email with Salary slip attached and there is a chance for limit expansion. I am not sure whom to believe now customer care or six month wait policy
You can raise request for LE through the app itself. Why do they want a letter?

Back