• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Legend
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought gc from Woohoo, merchant name is Qwikcilver, didn't get cashback

Thought this change was supposed to come from 1st May?
Bloody Woohoo changed its MCC to 6540 for any purchase with Merchant name "QWIKCILVER SOLUTIONS P DELHI IN" which gives 0% now on CB SBI. Earlier it was "M/s Qwikcilver Solutio BANGLORE IN" which was giving 5% on CB SBI

You can purchase 10k gift card at a time till 30k on Amazon.
on gyftr I think still you can purchase 10k amazon gift card
Use other credit cards like if you have Millennia to purchase gift cards but using other Amazon account or use gyftr using other mobile number to purchase more.
There are other platforms as well where you can buy amazon gift cards.
OK Thanks
can you tell me about other platforms which gives 5% cb with sbi cb card

GUYS PLZ HELP:I HAVE TO MAKE A PAYMENT OF 80K ON MY COLLEGE PORTAL(ERP BITS PILANI)
CREDIT CARD OPTION IS ASKING FOR 900RS EXTRA SO PLEASE TELL ME URGENTLY WHEREAS UPI IS FREE
1.)WILL I GET 5% ON THIS TRANSACTION(I DONT KNOW THE MCC OF WEBSITE):ITS PAYU PORTAL SO DONT KNOW
1.)WILL THE TRANSACTION DONE NOW BE SETTLED TILL TOMORROW AS AFTER THAT THERE IS NO CASHBACK

GUYS PLZ HELP:I HAVE TO MAKE A PAYMENT OF 80K ON MY COLLEGE PORTAL(ERP BITS PILANI)
CREDIT CARD OPTION IS ASKING FOR 900RS EXTRA SO PLEASE TELL ME URGENTLY WHEREAS UPI IS FREE
1.)WILL I GET 5% ON THIS TRANSACTION(I DONT KNOW THE MCC OF WEBSITE):ITS PAYU PORTAL SO DONT KNOW
1.)WILL THE TRANSACTION DONE NOW BE SETTLED TILL TOMORROW AS AFTER THAT THERE IS NO CASHBACK
Hide your details brother, before posting here.
Your mobile number is visible.

Payu Gateway mostly use correct MCC, as per my observation on different Merchants having Payu gateway.

Tomorrow is Sunday.
Txn settlement chances on Sunday is 50-50.

As per existing Tncs , you should get 5% cashback on SBI Cashback Card as Devaluation is effective w.e.f 1st May, 2023

Payu Gateway mostly use correct MCC, as per my observation on different Merchants having Payu gateway.

Tomorrow is Sunday.
Txn settlement chances on Sunday is 50-50.

As per existing Tncs , you should get 5% cashback on SBI Cashback Card as Devaluation is effective w.e.f 1st May, 2023
But if they deny saying valid for settled transaction and also if payu mcc is not included in exclusion than it should not impact on any day right?

But if they deny saying valid for settled transaction and also
You have to take risk.
Cashback is credited only after txn settlement.
SBI not mentioned anywhere in the devaluation tncs pdf, what will happen in such a case.
But as per my understanding and Existing Tncs you will get 5% if txn date is 29th or even 30th.

My opinion- Take the risk, if you do not have any premium CreditCards.
I will definitely take the risk in such a situation.
Rest is your choice.

if payu mcc is not included in exclusion than it should not impact on any day right?
Right.

In my case, cash back was not credited and it was adjusted in the next billing cycle.

I have transacted a payment one day prior to the billing date.

Then the transaction was settled after two days. I've got the CB after settlement.

Who knows, after May 1st, the system will wipe out your cashback transaction based on recent devaluations.

BITS being prestigious institute I believe it will have mcc of education domain. Even if you do the txn on 29 or 30 th april. You should get the cashback because the txn date is used to determine when the txn was done not the settlement date.

If you pay via upi, you won't get any cashback, unless you are using any offer. If you use cashback cc, at worst you may lose the extra charge of ₹900 but if you get cashback then it's a great reward.

134647848_169139928285259_6314676358445749372_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Except for ASV and AGC, You can use Credit Cards Directly on Magicpin for all other Brands.
As of now Even after 1st May Cashback SBI will continue to provide 5% on Magicpin Txns untill Magicpin also Changes the MCC like Wohoo.
Is ola-wallet option removed from Magicpin? I can't see it anymore for any type of order.

Back