• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Legend
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Any GVs on flopkart which are priced better than Amzn
At the moment only swiggy is better with 1% higher + burning a bit of supercoins, which swiggy nicely takes it away in the name of that sweet platform fee.
Zomato on the other hand upgraded my platform fee to 5Rs, making me a very high class citizen.

Last edited:
Couple of months ago i saw an excel sheet with mccs which will give 5% cashabck n mccs which are not giving, can anyone share the link.. i thought i bookmarked it,but not able to find it
This is that sheet

I have to pay a bill of 4.95L for Bangalore water supply for new connection request for a building (payment gateway is payu)

Does it make sense to pay this bill via the CB card so that I can reach good spends on the card thus eliminating my annual fees? Will this spend be counted for fee waiver?

Also, my limit on the card is 4.79L, that is, around 15-16k lesser than what I require to make that payment. Can I pay this difference amount to the card before making the transaction so as to not incur over limit charges?

Reactions: SSV
I have to pay a bill of 4.95L for Bangalore water supply for new connection request for a building (payment gateway is payu)

Does it make sense to pay this bill via the CB card so that I can reach good spends on the card thus eliminating my annual fees? Will this spend be counted for fee waiver?

Also, my limit on the card is 4.79L, that is, around 15-16k lesser than what I require to make that payment. Can I pay this difference amount to the card before making the transaction so as to not incur over limit charges?
I'm sure you're aware that the maximum Cashback is ₹5,000, assuming the MCC is not excluded.

I'm sure you're aware that the maximum Cashback is ₹5,000, assuming the MCC is not excluded.
Yeah, I'm not really wanting to do this for cashback but for rather meeting the 2L annual fee waiver and possibly will help me improve my credit limit in the future.

Is there a better way to make this payment to get maximum benefit?

Reactions: SSV
Thanks, will do. Do you have any idea if I'll incur overlimit charges for the transaction if I pay prepay the difference?
Unfortunately, I have never done that..but I guess it won't..
Can you not split the payment to the authority? Like pay in two installments?

No there is no option for that unfortunately. That would have been quite useful for me
Please talk to CC, they will definitely help you in finding any charges applicable or even grant a temporary CL. Try not to mention about paying to the government. Just say you need to pay for 4.95l and see what they say

Recently i used EAT CLUB via Cred with SBI Cashback its merchant name Dream Plug Tech. mentioned .

What will be the MCC Code if i use via cred pay or directly by SBI Cashback card method.

What other way i can get maximum discount i already have membership for next few days . Kindly suggest some good deals.

Yeah, I'm not really wanting to do this for cashback but for rather meeting the 2L annual fee waiver and possibly will help me improve my credit limit in the future

Here is the answer you are looking for.. I had asked the same question to SBI before and now I remembered that I actaully got response from them...

1693741442704.png

Isn't it talking about GST above fees and charges (eg 999Rs + 18%) and not the govt tax payment that OP is asking? I can be wrong but this is what I interpreted

Back