• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Club Vistara Prime rejected 4 times in a row

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have 2 SBI CCs presently - SC (33k limit), CB (1.7L limit)

As per my knowledge one can hold 3 SBI cards, so I went ahead and applied for SBI Club Vistara Prime card on sprint website.
First applied on 1st Feb, went ahead with details and then on KYC page showed me other cards based on spending limit.
Didn't go ahead with application as I am primarily looking for Vistara card.

So waited for few months, then applied again on 1st July, and still it shows me other cards based on Spending limit.

Cibil - 782
Enquiries in last 6 months - 12 (6 in last 3)

I'm actually looking forward to get Vistara Silver membership which comes complimentary with SBI CV Prime card.
Also, I already have 3 Axis cards, so can't really go for Axis CV Signature.

What should be way forward?

I have 2 SBI CCs presently - SC (33k limit), CB (1.7L limit)

As per my knowledge one can hold 3 SBI cards, so I went ahead and applied for SBI Club Vistara Prime card on sprint website.
First applied on 1st Feb, went ahead with details and then on KYC page showed me other cards based on spending limit.
Didn't go ahead with application as I am primarily looking for Vistara card.

So waited for few months, then applied again on 1st July, and still it shows me other cards based on Spending limit.

Cibil - 782
Enquiries in last 6 months - 12 (6 in last 3)

I'm actually looking forward to get Vistara Silver membership which comes complimentary with SBI CV Prime card.
Also, I already have 3 Axis cards, so can't really go for Axis CV Signature.

What should be way forward?
Get IDFC Club Vistara

50 pc better reward rate, rewards on all kinds of spends. That itself justifies.

50pc better reward rate is good but reward rate is very low for wallet loads, utility bills, insurance and fuel.

Extract from Sumanta's review:
"SBI Vistara Prime Vs IDFC First Vistara Credit Card:
Now, let's compare it with the SBI Vistara Prime. I won't go into too much detail, but if you focus on the earning part, you'll find that you can earn 2 extra CV Points until you spend ₹1 lakh using the IDFC First Vistara Card. On the other hand, you'll earn only 1 CV point per Rs. 200 on utility, insurance, wallet, rent and fuel, But with the SBI Vistara Prime, you'll earn 4 CV Points per ₹200 spent on all categories, including utility bills, insurance, fuel, and wallet loads."

So, if someone is mostly targeting wallet loads, utility bills, insurance and fuel then SBI VP will dominate IDFC FV.

Get both free premium economy tickets always come handy esp when air tickets have become really expensive in the post covid world. I already have Axis Air Vistara Infinite and IDFC Vistara. Still thinking of converting my BPCL Octane to SBI Club Vistara in the upcoming year and move my insurance spends there as Magnus is now useless.

Even I am not able to get new SBI cards. Reason being SBI's faulty system, which is still saying I hold 2 Air India cards (+ Ola card), which I closed before 2018.

You can try there new partner card idfc clubvistara card do note it come with fees of 5k + gst
I have considered this but I feel the fee is high. Also, I want to wait on the sidelines because I don't know whether I will receive 5:4 value on miles transfer for the 3lac points that I will likely receive over the next 3 months on my Magnus (+ samsung infinite). If 5:4 holds I will transfer 1 lac points to my CV account, which would make taking Vistara card redundant.

If 5:1 thing becomes true then I will contemplate between reissue of Axis Vistara infinite (closed in 2020) and IDFC (Since SBI is not issuing new cards to me).

It seems SBI is not issuing Vistara Prime to those having Cashback card (I have seen one exception on this forum). I have seen multiple comments on this site now. Even my eligibility for upgrade was showing Air India cards but not Vistara! Is closing cashback the only way to get Vistara Prime now? I have Simplyclick, CB and SPar cards.

Back