• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI club vistara rewards deduction

I recently saw some deductions in the club vistara statement which i couldn't understand. I got in touch with the SBI team and they mentioned that any rewards corresponding to instant discount, cashback,emi conversion will lead to equivalent rewards deduction. I didn't understand much and i didn't see anything regarding this in terms and conditions. Has anyone encountered similar thing?? Please let me know

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_140927_Drive.webp
    Screenshot_20240729_140927_Drive.webp
    39 KB · Views: 19
Basically what they mean is you will get instant discount for transactions made during bank discount sales. If any rewards were credited and such rewards were redeemed by the customer, a price equivalent to the rewards redeemed will be billed to the customer

I recently saw some deductions in the club vistara statement which i couldn't understand. I got in touch with the SBI team and they mentioned that any rewards corresponding to instant discount, cashback,emi conversion will lead to equivalent rewards deduction. I didn't understand much and i didn't see anything regarding this in terms and conditions. Has anyone encountered similar thing?? Please let me know
They don't want to allow double dipping on rewards/cashback.
Either you get rewards or you get instant card discounts.

Basically what they mean is you will get instant discount for transactions made during bank discount sales. If any rewards were credited and such rewards were redeemed by the customer, a price equivalent to the rewards redeemed will be billed to the customer
If you look at the screenshot attached, reward points before and after remains the same. I don't understand which rewards are they talking about. As far as CV points are concerned, they're handled by vistara people so why would SBI deduct anything for that. Please let me know if i am missing something or any more details is required.

This may make sense for those SBI cards which give reward points within SBI card ecosystem, ie. the points with which you can redeem gift cards on SBI cards app/website. The value of reward points is fixed there. But doing this for CV points is absolutely wrong. CV points' monetary value is not always 1 INR/ point, sometimes it's less. Hence, they simply can't charge 1 INR for 1 CV reward point.

I haven't been charged like this yet, but if they do this (as I have availed an instant discount in a recent sale and received CV points too), I am gonna take this to every level of grievance redressal there is, and if necessary, to Ombudsman. They can take back the CV points if they want (which I guess they can't), but I won't let them charge me 1 INR for 1 CV point.

This may make sense for those SBI cards which give reward points within SBI card ecosystem, ie. the points with which you can redeem gift cards on SBI cards app/website. The value of reward points is fixed there. But doing this for CV points is absolutely wrong. CV points' monetary value is not always 1 INR/ point, sometimes it's less. Hence, they simply can't charge 1 INR for 1 CV reward point.

I haven't been charged like this yet, but if they do this (as I have availed an instant discount in a recent sale and received CV points too), I am gonna take this to every level of grievance redressal there is, and if necessary, to Ombudsman. They can take back the CV points if they want (which I guess they can't), but I won't let them charge me 1 INR for 1 CV point.
I completely agree with you.

Back