• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Easy Pay and Card Protection Plan?

mukundstud

TF Select
I received a call today from SBI Customer Care(just a few days after my card approval), telling me about the benefits of enrolling myself into the SBI Card Protection Plan. I told him that I have not given any consent for any such type of enrollment, but the agent told me that he is already seeing me registered into the plan. I got alarmed by the his statement, and asked for the website describing the details of the plan. He gave me the following link: https://india.cppdirect.com/SBI-CARD .

On the website MITC, it is written that I am eligible for 100% refund on cancelling my membership within 30 days of enrolment. I instantly called the toll free number mentioned in the website. But the CPP agent on the call told me that my SBI Card linked mobile no. is not being shown as registered in the plan currently, and I will get a confirmation mail on successful registration, after which I may cancel my registration.

Can anyone share his/her experience on fraudulent enrolment in card protection plan and how he/she cancelled it and got full refund? It may be useful for other community members also. Can you also tell if you got any confirmation mail after successful registration into card protection plan?

I am also confused how they are saying that I myself have enrolled into the plan. I did not give any such consent to any agent, whether on call or during IPV. But I saved my SBI card application file, and saw an SBI Easy Pay entry in it.

What is SBI Easy Pay, is it linked to SBI Card Protection Plan? Should I contact SBI Customer Care to cancel it?

Attachments

• sbi easy pay.png
    sbi easy pay.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
I don't think you are enrolled for the Card Protection Plan, the agent must be telling you that you have given consent to receive information about this plan, which is normal for every online SBI CC application. No idea about what this Easy Pay thing is

I don't think you are enrolled for the Card Protection Plan, the agent must be telling you that you have given consent to receive information about this plan, which is normal for every online SBI CC application. No idea about what this Easy Pay thing is
You are right! Another agent called me from the same number a few hours later. This time I recorded the call to analyse the agent's words properly later on. Turned out that I was not enrolled in the plan. She indeed said that I have given the consent to receive the information about the card protection plan. But she said that in such a manner, that it sounded like that I have given the consent to get enrolled in the card protection plan. She was trying to push a crappy scheme of Rs. 2499 an year on me. But I already did my homework through the internet, and gave her a strict NO for the scheme.

I advise new SBI CC applicants to be aware of this thing, and handle all financially related calls with great alertness, even if they are genuinely from Banks side. Take special care when giving parents' number in the application, as they are more susceptible to falling for this problem.

Last edited:
How do I know if they have applied card protection plan on my SBI Vistara card. I recently got my new card.
But I keep getting calls regarding card protection plan from SBI.
Is there a way to check if CPP is forcefully applied on someone's card ?

How do I know if they have applied card protection plan on my SBI Vistara card. I recently got my new card.
But I keep getting calls regarding card protection plan from SBI.
Is there a way to check if CPP is forcefully applied on someone's card ?
Why are you asking similar question on two different threads are you expecting a faster response from us 🤣

Post in thread 'SBI Card Protection Plan (CPP) forcefully applied?' https://www.technofino.in/community...-plan-cpp-forcefully-applied.5192/post-217483

Back